Proxy Shares

We will be collecting proxies in The Louden this Friday night at the televised game and also on Saturday !!am to 7pm and also Sunday 11am to 6pm, if you sign your forn and mark on it RF or RST, I will make sure it gets to the right people. let's get our votes in.RM

We will be collecting proxies in The Louden this Friday night at the televised game and also on Saturday !!am to 7pm and also Sunday 11am to 6pm, if you sign your forn and mark on it RF or RST, I will make sure it gets to the right people. let's get our votes in.RM

What is the benefit of proxying votes?

If I agree in which Rangers First will vote, then it makes no difference if I proxy or vote that way myself.

If I disagree with the way Rangers First would vote, then why would I proxy my shares?

What is the benefit of proxying votes?

If I agree in which Rangers First will vote, then it makes no difference if I proxy or vote that way myself.

If I disagree with the way Rangers First would vote, then why would I proxy my shares?

The 'only' benefit I see is it gives a stronger position to those holding the proxy - so their voice may be heard - it's a different discussion if that is a good thing or bad.

I am just sending my votes in - even tho' my replies will be identical to RF / RST.

As a group you will have a much stronger voice. Though I appreciate that you might not agree with the results of any vote but that is democracy. It is great to see nearly 11k members

You need to explain that logic.

If we all vote then we all have a voice dependent upon the number of shares each shareholder has so it doesn't give the individual any more say.

If we proxy our vote to whomsoever then we are at the mercy of what way they choose to vote, is that not reminiscent of "Stalinist" type regimes. I would argue each shareholder makes up their own mind and sends in their proxy duly authorised or else attends the EGM.

The 'only' benefit I see is it gives a stronger position to those holding the proxy - so their voice may be heard - it's a different discussion if that is a good thing or bad.

I am just sending my votes in - even tho' my replies will be identical to RF / RST.

If the votes are with capita early enough then there could (should) be no need for the egm to be held if the votes pass the 50% mark.

So the proxy helps make that simpler I think.

GM

If we all vote then we all have a voice dependent upon the number of shares each shareholder has so it doesn't give the individual any more say.

If we proxy our vote to whomsoever then we are at the mercy of what way they choose to vote, is that not reminiscent of "Stalinist" type regimes. I would argue each shareholder makes up their own mind and sends in their proxy duly authorised or else attends the EGM.

Well RF's vote is known at this stage (and was never really in doubt imo as its representative of the majority of the fanbase) - proxies only hold for one GM so I think comparing it to totalitarian regimes is a bit of a stretch lol

Strengths in coming together as a collective go beyond GMs.

If the previous average contribution has maintained with current numbers RF is raising well in excess of £1m a year that benefits the club (currently through the purchase of shares) and hopefully will continue to increase beyond the EGM.

GM

If the votes are with capita early enough then there could (should) be no need for the egm to be held if the votes pass the 50% mark.

So the proxy helps make that simpler I think.

GM

But that goes wether I proxy to RST / RF or just do it myself.

There's no obvious benefit of using a proxy over using a postal vote yourself other than removing the hassle of having to actually do the postal vote.

I do think there are benefits over voting in person though so either postal vote or proxying is probably best at this time I would think.

Just make sure and use your vote!

GM

I think the theory is: join an organisation run by supporters to buy as many shares as possible to increase fan ownership.

Where does Stalin come into that?

I have shares through RST, how do I arrange to proxy them? Thanks