Vuckic Striker?

Mr RFC

Having watched him in his first two games i can't help feel he's wasted playing in that attacking midfield role. We're not a good passing team so he isn't getting a lot of the ball to do anything with. Looking at his build and his movement particularly the way he pulled off the defender for his goal should he be playing up front? He seems to have a good first touch which is something our other strikers are lacking which gives defenders a chance to get a foot in.

I'd much rather see Law moved out of the heart of midfield where he struggles and pushed forward. I also wouldn't mind Templeton played more central where he can see more of the ball. Kind of like when Vladimir Weiss played off the strikers against motherwell. He ripped them apart that game and whilst Templeton is in reality not as good he still has the skill to pull defenders out of position.

Having watched him in his first two games i can't help feel he's wasted playing in that attacking midfield role. We're not a good passing team so he isn't getting a lot of the ball to do anything with. Looking at his build and his movement particularly the way he pulled off the defender for his goal should he be playing up front? He seems to have a good first touch which is something our other strikers are lacking which gives defenders a chance to get a foot in.

I'd much rather see Law moved out of the heart of midfield where he struggles and pushed forward. I also wouldn't mind Templeton played more central where he can see more of the ball. Kind of like when Vladimir Weiss played off the strikers against motherwell. He ripped them apart that game and whilst Templeton is in reality not as good he still has the skill to pull defenders out of position.

Stick him and Clark up front. Should see decent movement and hopefully ball on the deck to them. Supported by Gal and Templeton

I'd much rather see Law moved out of the starting 11.

He's actually doing more damage playing out wide left as we're losing our shape. We have two wingers in Law and Vuckic who keep coming inside instead of staying wide. If he has to play then I'd play him just off Clark. Well spotted OP! (tu)

I think it could work, but he'd be inclined to drop deep being a midfielder looking to get on the ball.

I saw his one game at Newcastle, he played centrally, and played deep, picking the ball from the centre halfs when he could and got it moving quickly. He also knew when to break and had plenty of shots from distance that came close.

I posted in another thread that we still treat our wide midfielders as out and out wingers. Vuckic, Macleod (when here,) Temps and Mckay would all drift inside to get on the ball, that frees up the overlap from full back, which Foster doesn't provide and Wallace has struggled a bit these last few months.

Vuckic would work wide left if we played Temps in behind Clark, Clark offers movement both in behind the defence or short, and Temps is always looking to get on the ball. There'd be movement and directness, Boyd doesn't work in that system, especially the way we play it - wrongly and off the cuff.

Right now he's probably better on the left, he's the only one in the team that can actually produce creativity from there. After last week we need something else up front. Shiels behind Clark is worth trying IMO. Obviously Shiels isn't a favourite on here or even a favourite of mine but he's still capable of a performance in his natural position and Clark's more than capable of putting them away. Don't see why not right now.

Tin hat on, but on the latest Football Manager, his natural position is listed as a Centre Forward. How accurate that is I'm not sure but he certainly needs to be playing more centrally either as a striker or a no. 10.

He's definitely a link up player just behind the strikers.

None of our own are better than him and he's still not fit, sad to say.

Maybe not yet but i would still rather see a fast, exciting youngster play instead of him, one of our own. Someone who has a future here and actually wants to make a name for themselves. This Vuckic is no doubt already a millionaire, he doesn't play like he has the hunger to succeed or do anything in the game and that is me taking his lack of fitness into account. I haven't seen anything from him which makes me want him in the team ahead of others. He may turn out to be the next Juan Riquelme but i highly doubt it.

Hardie, Gallacher, McKay, Stoney and Walsh should all be given a game instead of another clubs player who is here on a PR/fitness exercise.

Clark the striker and just behind him Vuckic the forward, I do think that is the best combination we could hope for at this time and it could quite easily be an excellent combination if given the chance. However, it still relies on the rest of the team actually trying to work the ball to these players, and it would have to be on the ground - no hoofing up the park!

I am probably in the minority but i don't rate him. I would much rather have one of our own in the team.

You dont watch football do you ? Yes its a game of opinions but how you think one of our own squad is better than him baffles me. In the real world we shouldn't need loan players with the size of our squad but Rangers are not in the real world at the moment due to unfit and not so good players. The big guy is a breath of fresh air .