Classless And Undignified.

SkiBunny

It's the same mindset of trying to offend. Whether you like it or not there's an element who use our club and indeed loyalist culture to try and be provocative, act the hard man and to intimidate. You see it every year at the walk, people you just wish had stayed in bed embarrassing themselves and shaming the tradition and culture.

Thats absolutely codswallop - there is nothing "offensive" about it whatsoever.

In youre opening post you stated youre objection to it based on 3 premise

1. It's 10 green bottles song..I was even too cool to sing that at nursery school.

2. It's an England song.....(more later)

3. It's absolutely disrespectful to anyone involved in war. Shame on anyone who tries to ride on the coat tails of others sacrifice ... (Remembrance is totally different)

So are our children singing nursery schools songs which are offensive ?

Its not an "England song" if Rangers fans have adapted it for our own purposes

Unike you I have fought in a war and if a group of football supporters were singing positively about the Commandos exploits during the Falklands War - Id be honoured that my fallen comrades sacrifices were being remembered more than 30 years later at a football ground outwith Rememberance week.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats absolutely codswallop - there is nothing "offensive" about it whatsoever.

In youre opening post you stated youre objection to it based on 3 premise

So are our children singing nursery schools songs which are offensive ?

Its not an "England song" if Rangers fans have adapted it for our own purposes

Unike you I have fought in a war and if a group of football supporters were singing positively about the Commandos exploits during the Falklands War - Id be honoured that my fallen comrades sacrifices were being remembered more than 30 years later at a football ground outwith Rememberance week.

Ok, suppose it comes down to personal opinions about taste then.

I think the song is crass. Total garbage.

Only type I can think of would be offended by this are:

Sellick minded -they hate Britain

Shnp - they hate Britain

Nazis for obvious reasons

Various leftie groups and minorities with vested interests in denigrating britains achievements

Those that are Naive, gullable and easily led that dont realise that no one has the right not to be offended. So tries to "protect" all of the above.

Which one are u op?

Every cunt who sings 10 German Bombers.

1. It's 10 green bottles song..I was even too cool to sing that at nursery school.

2. It's an England song.....(more later)

3. It's absolutely disrespectful to anyone involved in war. Shame on anyone who tries to ride on the coat tails of others sacrifice ... (Remembrance is totally different)

What an utter fucking wanker you are.

It's the same mindset of trying to offend.

I'm sorry but what a load of tosh. Anything I, and I think the overwhelming majority of supporters sing, is to celebrate our history and culture that you have also mentioned in this thread. I sing 10 German Bombers to remember the brave effort and sacrifice those men and women (and my grandfather) made in fighting for our freedom, a freedom we can use to celebrate that fact.

If you find it an inappropriate way to celebrate that fact then fine, but don't try to tar the entire support suggesting we are simply looking to offend and don't denounce our methods of celebrating a culture and history we are deeply proud of.

People have the freedom of celebrating it how they see fit and should not be tarred as 'pissing on graves'.

The song is an England song, not a Rangers song. First time I heard it was in Stuttgart. 2006 when England came to town.

I've no problem with England, I support them as being part of UK but the 10 German bombers song is an embarrassment. Totally undignified and disrespectful to those who no doubt were crapping themselves as they did what they could to protect our country.

I'm sure these heroes are so proud to see their 'grandsons' take all their glory and effectively piss on their graves.

shut up ya weapon :lol:

do you even listen to the words?

the RAF from Britain shot THEM down....

As a former Airman who served for 11years before being medically discharged, who's dad also served in the RAF, I feel that I have to agree with the op. Who the hell are we as a support to sign songs remembering the brave sacrifice made by the few.

Oh wait, it's actually the complete opposite the way I feel. The op has made himself sound like a complete twat, totally out of touch with the wider feeling towards HM Forces by the majority of the Rangers support. I sang the song while in service and I continue to serve it now.

Had the privilege of spending time with a 97 year old veteran recently, he flew 96 path finder missions ( first in) in Lancasters, was shot down and spent 6 years recuperating before finishing his career flying Shackletons.

I was deeply moved by his modesty and humility - A proper real life hero. I told him this and he replied " nah I was a fucking idiot" and laughed. bet he knew some songs that would make the op's teeth curl.

I will continue to be "classless and undignified" and sing this song in his honour.

Ok, suppose it comes down to personal opinions about taste then.

I think the song is crass. Total garbage.

This is exactly it mate,you just dont like the song.

Plus yr refusal to join in 10 green bottles at nursery has imprinted it on yr brain as a negative, so now as an adult you cant stand it.

Amateur psychiatrist loyal :thumbup:

Had the privilege of spending time with a 97 year old veteran recently, he flew 96 path finder missions ( first in) in Lancasters, was shot down and spent 6 years recuperating before finishing his career flying Shackletons.

I was deeply moved by his modesty and humility - A proper real life hero. I told him this and he replied " nah I was a fucking idiot" and laughed. bet he knew some songs that would make the op's teeth curl.

I will continue to be "classless and undignified" and sing this song in his honour.

Thats the funny thing about these old boys,they just did what they thought was right and don't want any fanfare.

Its up to us to remind them that they are hero's to a man.

Thats the funny thing about these old boys,they just did what they thought was right and don't want any fanfare.

Its up to us to remind them that they are hero's to a man.

Aye I was clearly in awe of the old boy but he was more into talking about his love of flying and how he preferred the griffin engined Shackleton over the Lanc. Dont think I've ever been so moved by one individual.