Sums Up This Disgusting Ally Reign

Murtaugh

Once again we have another thread showing total contempt to a Rangers Legend.

Now before some of you start reaching for the keyboard let me state categorically McCoist failed miserably as a Rangers Manager.

In fact, he was inept. But that's as far as it needs to go. To use the word disgusting at mccoist is out of order.

He was a playing legend but has failed the club and us as a manager and a man.

Disgusting is too polite a term after what he has done to us never mind he is still being rewarded for making us a footballing laughing stock.

I will not tell you what I honestly think of him because if you got upset with disgusting I hate to think how you would react to the harsh truth.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

loyalty and respect for him as a player yes,

but as a manager he has been an absolute disgrace, not only with his short sightedness on the playing side, his wage reduction/contract renegotiation and his inability to drop his "mates", but the contempt he treated the rangers fans with, when it came to his excuses for one piss poor performance after another, is the final straw for nearly all of us

the weather

the lack of pre season

the lack of a transfer window

charles green

the artificial pitch

the grass pitch

the refs

tiredness

lack of squad depth

Aye because no other manager has used those and more 'excuses'.

I don't understand why all the hate is flying toward the OP, I mean it is shocking.

Hearts have a rookie manager in charge, less resources, and are destroying teams - and we haven't managed this.

It does show how pathetically bad we have been managed for seasons now, and it's come home to roost.

I don't think we have a chance of going up.

I don't understand why all the hate is flying toward the OP, I mean it is shocking.

Hearts have a rookie manager in charge, less resources, and are destroying teams - and we haven't managed this.

It does show how pathetically bad we have been managed for seasons now, and it's come home to roost.

agree with the flipper

agree with the flipper

Can't disagree with the OP tbf, hearts are a decent side, with the gaffer that actually has some fucking foresight. It wouldn't take much to beat them, but here we are - fucking miles behind.

Fair play to hearts, they've been without a league since the old king died, so I'll give them this one and it'll be back to they're usual trophyless self before long

Agree with all this except your last point.

No chance of catching Hearts , but still feel if we can bring a new manager in , he can bring a bit more out these players and save the season by getting through these playoffs. What's happened in the league will count for nothing and each of these games should be treated like a cup final. Not saying it will be easy , but I haven't given up on my hopes just yet.

Agree with all this except your last point.

No chance of catching Hearts , but still feel if we can bring a new manager in , he can bring a bit more out these players and save the season by getting through these playoffs. What's happened in the league will count for nothing and each of these games should be treated like a cup final. Not saying it will be easy , but I haven't given up on my hopes just yet.

That's the point though gmcf, I'm worried we don't get a new manager in in time to stop the rot.

If we get a new manager soon then I agree with you that we have a good chance of going up. Has to be soon though.

It's a bit silly to pin all of Rangers problems on one man this club has been woefully mismanaged for 15 years now.

What we are seeing now is culmination of about 100 different problems and decisions that have been made since the millennium.

If Rangers had not been so mismanaged in the first place then I doubt Coisty would have even been near the Rangers job. Murray/Bain put him in place as they knew it was likely going to hit the fan big time once they left.

Yeah Coisty has been massively overpaid but that's something that should have been addressed by the shambles of a board over the last few years.

That's the point though gmcf, I'm worried we don't get a new manager in in time to stop the rot.

If we get a new manager soon then I agree with you that we have a good chance of going up. Has to be soon though.

Yeah , again I agree. Hopefully the first priority once this EGM has been settled either way .

It's a bit silly to pin all of Rangers problems on one man this club has been woefully mismanaged for 15 years now.

What we are seeing now is culmination of about 100 different problems and decisions that have been made since the millennium.

If Rangers had not been so mismanaged in the first place then I doubt Coisty would have even been near the Rangers job. Murray/Bain put him in place as they knew it was likely going to hit the fan big time once they left.

Yeah Coisty has been massively overpaid but that's something that should have been addressed by the shambles of a board over the last few years.

McCoist's signings

McCoist's tactics

McCoist's training

McCoist's management

Deserves every single bit of criticism regarding this shite team we're stuck with and the poor quality of players we're stuck with.

No one is blaming him for the club not having a scouting system or the club not managing finances properly.

He more than deserves the stick he gets for the mess of our team.

has any other manager had such an easy job as ally and still needed to use those "excuses"

We have different views on what an "easy job" is, however decrying a manager making excuses for poor results/performances and his players is ludicrous. Every manager does it.

We have different views on what an "easy job" is, however decrying a manager making excuses for poor results/performances and his players is ludicrous. Every manager does it.

yes but in allys case the poor excuses and the easy job (it should have been an easy job mate, even you must admit that) go hand in hand

everyone of the fans knew when we had played shite, but ally thought we were buttoned up at the back with his shite, once or twice you cover the poor performances, but not everyweek

the blaming charles green for the defeat to forfar was utterly disgraceful

McCoist's signings

McCoist's tactics

McCoist's training

McCoist's management

Deserves every single bit of criticism regarding this shite team we're stuck with and the poor quality of players we're stuck with.

No one is blaming him for the club not having a scouting system or the club not managing finances properly.

He more than deserves the stick he gets for the mess of our team.

I suspect the poor quality of players was more down to the fact Rangers were playing at the ass end of Scottish football and had to pay massively over the odds to bring most of these guys in.

What kind of player did you expect to attract playing East Stirling and Berwick in in the lower levels of one of the worst leagues in Europe?

Yeah I know the wage bill will be the reply but it's not Coisty who decided to hand these guys such vastly inflated wages that's the CEO's job.

yes but in allys case the poor excuses and the easy job (it should have been an easy job mate, even you must admit that) go hand in hand

everyone of the fans knew when we had played shite, but ally thought we were buttoned up at the back with his shite, once or twice you cover the poor performances, but not everyweek

the blaming charles green for the defeat to forfar was utterly disgraceful

I don't believe it was such an easy job, spending more money guarantees nothing. The opposite, spending more makes winning easy, is a very taigy excuse.

Most of the time we had won, so genuinely he could have believed that was all that matters. That's my view growing up a Rangers fan. Winning is always the first priority.

I suspect the poor quality of players was more down to the fact Rangers were playing at the ass end of Scottish football and had to pay massively over the odds to bring most of these guys in.

What kind of player did you expect to attract playing East Stirling and Berwick in in the lower levels of one of the worst leagues in Europe?

Yeah I know the wage bill will be the reply but it's not Coisty who decided to hand these guys such vastly inflated wages that's the CEO's job.

Go on , I dare you to slag 'coisty' what kind of player did we expect to attract? We were in the 3rd & 4th tier of scottish football, what the fuck did we have to attract in part time leagues!

Go on , I dare you to slag 'coisty' what kind of player did we expect to attract? We were in the 3rd & 4th tier of scottish football, what the fuck did we have to attract in part time leagues!

I will slag Coisty when I feel he deserves it.

What I won't do is have a dig at the guy for absolutely crazy demands like expecting young world class superstars to come to the ass end of Scottish football and commit career suicide for a few grand a week when they could be playing in Europe or the EPL etc.

Perhaps Rangers should have gone down another road of bringing in our own youth players but guys like Black, Boyd etc were the only guys who were going to sign for this club over the last few years.

I will slag Coisty when I feel he deserves it.

What I won't do is have a dig at the guy for absolutely crazy demands like expecting young world class superstars to come to the ass end of Scottish football and commit career suicide for a few grand a week when they could be playing in Europe or the EPL etc.

Perhaps Rangers should have gone down another road of bringing in our own youth players but guys like Black, Boyd etc were the only guys who were going to sign for this club over the last few years.

In don't think anyone expected him to bring in the best young players in the world, I think most expected him to play some of our own youth with seasoned performers from the leagues. We did manage to get some of the better performers from the SPL, and some other leagues, for nearly all of them not to perform.

I also believe Ally would of been part of the negotiation on how much to offer players, a CEO isn't going to know exactly what a player is worth.

It also doesn't take into consideration his own over inflated salary, and over inflated salary even when we were in the SPL, add in the sages he actually got for a penny, he has taken us for one hell of a ride.

I actually thought McCoist got it right with the signings he made at the time. It was too much of a gamble to play a team of youths in Div 3 .

What I didn't expect is how players like Temps , Black , Shiels , Law etc , who were pretty good at the level they were at in the spl and more than good enough to see us up the divisions , could all regress under McCoist's stewardship. One or two is always gonna happen , but the whole lot ? No , too much of a coincidence and you have to look for the common denominator , and that's the management team.

Once again we have another thread showing total contempt to a Rangers Legend.

Now before some of you start reaching for the keyboard let me state categorically McCoist failed miserably as a Rangers Manager.

In fact, he was inept. But that's as far as it needs to go. To use the word disgusting at mccoist is out of order.

The OP is probably one of the first to rip into "the traitors" eg Naismith McGregor et al. Yet where is the loyalty nee respect for a guy who scored 355 goals - 27 against the rhats to boot. By all means criticise him, but for gods sake keep it real.

P.s. Is it just me or is the OP's name slightly Oirish? Just saying like.

Well I am not Irish. I am an atheist as well. I am also going to rip right in here.

McCoist was PAID very well to score those goals.

He was also playing alongside some very good players to HELP him score them.

He never scored them by himself you know?

Now to management.

approx three weeks ago, saturday morning I had reason to be at Clive Ramsay at Stirling Uni. Who was there but one Robbie Neilson. The thing I noticed about this guy was that apart from getting a couple of selfies done with various people, he spent the whole time on his laptop and it looked like work. He also had his notebook out a good few times.

I am willing to bet it was Team\formation related stuff he was working on.

Somehow I really struggle to imagine your hero doing that while taking all those big wages. BTW you may not be aware but he is still taking money from the club he supposedly loves.

Live in the past if you want mate. I will detest him while he leeches from my club.