Sums Up This Disgusting Ally Reign

Murtaugh

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Making McCoist the scape goat for all the ills that have befallen the Club over the past few seasons is just plain ludicrous.

Fact is that no manager could have functioned normally in the utter madness that has surrounded the Club.

Collectively we need to move on from this now - roll on the EGM.

Mccoist hasn't even been here in 2015!

Jesus, jesus, jesus, Ally a club legend has destroyed the football team. The board in their many guises have destroyed the finances of the club and have kept the worst coaching team we have ever had in place. Omnishambles and clusterfuck just start to describe it. Ally and the board are undefendable.

Well I am not Irish. I am an atheist as well. I am also going to rip right in here.

McCoist was PAID very well to score those goals.

He was also playing alongside some very good players to HELP him score them.

He never scored them by himself you know?

Now to management.

approx three weeks ago, saturday morning I had reason to be at Clive Ramsay at Stirling Uni. Who was there but one Robbie Neilson. The thing I noticed about this guy was that apart from getting a couple of selfies done with various people, he spent the whole time on his laptop and it looked like work. He also had his notebook out a good few times.

I am willing to bet it was Team\formation related stuff he was working on.

Somehow I really struggle to imagine your hero doing that while taking all those big wages. BTW you may not be aware but he is still taking money from the club he supposedly loves.

Live in the past if you want mate. I will detest him while he leeches from my club.

Exactly, I think that once he left the club as manager - making it a clean break - none of this gardening leave crap, if he had left taking no further wage from the club, allowing his £000's he is still taking, to be paid to a new manager, we'd have been easily (I think) in front of Hearts now, and Coisty's reputation would be a lot better than it appears to be now..

Well I am not Irish. I am an atheist as well. I am also going to rip right in here.

McCoist was PAID very well to score those goals.

He was also playing alongside some very good players to HELP him score them.

He never scored them by himself you know?

:lol:

Exactly, I think that once he left the club as manager - making it a clean break - none of this gardening leave crap, if he had left taking no further wage from the club, allowing his £000's he is still taking, to be paid to a new manager, we'd have been easily (I think) in front of Hearts now, and Coisty's reputation would be a lot better than it appears to be now..

Nah mate. We would not have been in front of them. Would probably be closer and in second place tho.

Well which part is wrong then? Cmon.

Your love for this guy for doing his job is verging on ridiculous. You totally ignore the harm he has done to your club. Or does coisty's cheruby little cheeky chappy image make him immune from objective criticism?

No it doesn't. However in your crusade to villianize McCoist, for all our problems, you have wandered miles from the criticism line into the badlands of ignorance.

You have gone to the point you would attempt to downplay his achievements as a player, and Rangers record goalscorer.

It's beyond embarrassing the contempt some of you show a Rangers FC legend. Period. Whether you agree or not.

I don't believe it was such an easy job, spending more money guarantees nothing. The opposite, spending more makes winning easy, is a very taigy excuse.

Most of the time we had won, so genuinely he could have believed that was all that matters. That's my view growing up a Rangers fan. Winning is always the first priority.

So, while we were winning most of the time last season, you don't think he should have had an eye on what would be necessary to compete at the next level?

I include signings, training regimes, etc in all that.

His plan was to bring in has beens, who he didn't need to think about, because they'd done it before.

Totally forgetting that he was unable to train them or motivate them to replicate what they'd done before.

Look at Stevie Smith last night - if you didn't know better, you'd have thought he was actively playing against us.

Making McCoist the scape goat for all the ills that have befallen the Club over the past few seasons is just plain ludicrous.

Fact is that no manager could have functioned normally in the utter madness that has surrounded the Club.

Collectively we need to move on from this now - roll on the EGM.

Madness that surrounded the club, but provided stability enough to give ally 7mill a year first team wages to beat guys on 50 quid a week

Poor fucking ally

So, while we were winning most of the time last season, you don't think he should have had an eye on what would be necessary to compete at the next level?

His plan was to bring in has beens, who he didn't need to think about, because they'd done it before.

Totally forgetting that he was unable to train them or motivate them to replicate what they'd done before.

Look at Stevie Smith last night - if you didn't know better, you'd have thought he was actively playing against us.

I don't pretend to know what he was thinking.

I try to understand some of his decisions, and I'm sure he didn't sit there going "what has-beens can I get in?".

i personally thought when ally made a lot of the signings he did that they'd do a good job for us and we'd win the league for us no problem. Obviously he thought that too so he constructed that team with the best of intentions but it just didn't work out

i personally thought when ally made a lot of the signings he did that they'd do a good job for us and we'd win the league for us no problem. Obviously he thought that too so he constructed that team with the best of intentions but it just didn't work out

The point being he couldn't prepare or motivate them.

Christ, I think I could do a decent job with that lot.

He hadn't got it.

Madness that surrounded the club, but provided stability enough to give ally 7mill a year first team wages to beat guys on 50 quid a week

Poor fucking ally

Except it wasn't stable was it?

This is what I don't get. People will purposefully ignore the shitstorm that has rained down on our club from the top. Any manager operating under every board since 2011 would have struggled in the same situations. That's not me defending him as a manager, he is a poor manager but I can't abide by this incessant need to criminalise Ally for everything that is wrong.

No it doesn't. However in your crusade to villianize McCoist, for all our problems, you have wandered miles from the criticism line into the badlands of ignorance.

You have gone to the point you would attempt to downplay his achievements as a player, and Rangers record goalscorer.

It's beyond embarrassing the contempt some of you show a Rangers FC legend. Period. Whether you agree or not.

No I dont. I recognize his performance as a goal scorer all those years ago.

I am honest enough to admit that he would not have done it for us if we had not been paying him however.

I am also honest enough to recognize that he had some very good players around him. Do they not deserve ANY of the credit?

I will not allow my view of him as a manager and gardener to be made rose coloured because he succeeded in a totally different job however.

You refuse to admit that the various boards gave him exceptional financial backing (agreed) and we are struggling to get promoted because he pissed that money away - agreed?

What does McCoists garedening wages at a time of great need for the club do to his club legend status in your eyes?

No man is bigger than the club.

His job was to be a manager and he failed miserably, trying to use all the stuff that is hapoeningnwith the board as a reason he failed is just a joke. He got paid a lot of money to look after the footballing team, and was supported with a large amount of money to do this, he fucked it up royally.

Do I let what is happening in the board room in the way of my work, no, and I bet the majority on here don't either.

His job was to be a manager and he failed miserably, trying to use all the stuff that is hapoeningnwith the board as a reason he failed is just a joke. He got paid a lot of money to look after the footballing team, and was supported with a large amount of money to do this, he fucked it up royally.

Do I let what is happening in the board room in the way of my work, no, and I bet the majority on here don't either.

perfectly put. Ting is when u ask the likes of Albear for exact details of what the board did wrong all u get is abuse.

Except it wasn't stable was it?

This is what I don't get. People will purposefully ignore the shitstorm that has rained down on our club from the top. Any manager operating under every board since 2011 would have struggled in the same situations. That's not me defending him as a manager, he is a poor manager but I can't abide by this incessant need to criminalise Ally for everything that is wrong.

Manager's job is 'to protect the players from all that'.

They all say it, so must be true.

For the money he was paid he should have made a damn sight better job of that part of the remit.

Anyway, despite the 'upheaval', which of course we all add to on here, what actually affected the players about the boardroom situation?

As long as their wages were met (which unlike Hertz) they always have been, what exactly about the boardroom situation was there to concern them?

Nothing is the answer, so don't even bother.

Unless you wNt to add in that the manager was too distracted by internal politics to do his fucking job properly.

I am honest enough to admit that he would not have done it for us if we had not been paying him however.

I am also honest enough to recognize that he had some very good players around him. Do they not deserve ANY of the credit?

I will not allow my view of him as a manager and gardener to be made rose coloured because he succeeded in a totally different job however.

You refuse to admit that the various boards gave him exceptional financial backing (agreed) and we are struggling to get promoted because he pissed that money away - agreed?

What does McCoists garedening wages at a time of great need for the club do to his club legend status in your eyes?

Don't worry Bob, Derek Johnstone was a record goalscorer once - see if anybody has a good word for him these days.

Alfie Conn was a Cup Winners Cup winner - ditto.

I'm not down playing anyone's achievements, least of all Rangers record goal scorer.

No you're much better. You'd allow his poor managerial career to shit colour his great history.

These boards, that you defend consistently (all of them), gave this poor manager "exceptional" financial backing yet you blame the manager for pissing it away? Isn't that just obvious of your persistent, ignorant bitterness?

I, like you, have no idea of the situation or how it will be resolved. If you want a head start on condemning him before all the facts go ahead. Don't expect everyone to join in though.

Clearly one man is bigger than the club, because for some who think he had the ability to destroy us all by himself.