Sums Up This Disgusting Ally Reign

Murtaugh

From last summer - that was clear from my original post when I queried what he was thinking while sweeping all before him last year.

Oh, and I'll take Zaliukas off your list and add it to mine, thanks.

And what relevance do 5 loanees taken on a month after AM quit the scene have to this discussion?

According to Llambias (as per the RFB minutes) the loanees were all agreed upon and scouted by McCoist.

He possibly thought, as many on here argued, that we weren't good enough last year.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually cant believe people are still defending McCoist. Id reckon nearly every one of the folk still defending him dont go to games at all, and thats no me trying to be some uber fan, if you actually watched our games then youd see the state were in because of him.

Some might be, others will also see that there's more to it than simply the 'McCoist effect'. There's very few clubs who can put an effective side out when they are engulfed in all the off field shite our club has.

According to Llambias (as per the RFB minutes) the loanees were all agreed upon and scouted by McCoist.

He possibly thought, as many on here argued, that we weren't good enough last year.

Thanks for putting me right on that one - I missed that.

However, as 80% of them have yet to show up as fit for purpose after 25% of their loan spells have elapsed, I'd suggest they're not a very good case for the defence!

Some might be, others will also see that there's more to it than simply the 'McCoist effect'. There's very few clubs who can put an effective side out when they are engulfed in all the off field shite our club has.

Aside from the first season after admin event that is a distraction.

1. We spent loads of money

2. He was not asked to do it in spl. We started right at the bottom. With some of our existing players.

3. At various points ally backed most of the board participants. Until of course they saw thru him.

4. Is there any reason he personally should not have developed a vision for how to play the game?? No of course not. Just dont by the.excuse of boardroom etc.

Mccoist was paid plenty to deal with that.

The glue that was holding it together left at about the same time as Ally - MacLeod.

This.

Before he left if he was out injured we dropped the standard of our play, last year as well as this season.

Besides, didn't McDowell say he was in almost daily contact with McCoist? Do we suppose they just talk about the weather or their families or is it possible they talk about what made them friends in the first place? And if McDowell still holds him in such high regard as a manager it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he still takes some advice from him. None of that is fact but at the same time it wouldn't be a wild assumption.

This.

Before he left if he was out injured we dropped the standard of our play, last year as well as this season.

Besides, didn't McDowell say he was in almost daily contact with McCoist? Do we suppose they just talk about the weather or their families or is it possible they talk about what made them friends in the first place? And if McDowell still holds him in such high regard as a manager it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he still takes some advice from him. None of that is fact but at the same time it wouldn't be a wild assumption.

I don't think it's at all wild.

(tu)

What was arguably a bad legacy and one which would take a lot of rebuilding work to recover from risks now turning into a catastrophic legacy compounded by his shadow McD since everything McD seems to touch actually seems to make things worse (or at least no better, not even a smidgen better).

Wonder if McD's lack of effective leadership, stumbling stuttering approach including in interviews, and open statements about his preferring not to be doing this job and wishing Ally was the manager and his whole 'I'm a caretaker' attitude as resulted (or is resulting in) him losing the dressing room? Have the players lost whatever respect they had for him as a so-called caretaker manager? Have they concluded privately as individuals or perhaps less privately among senior players that if he (McD) is going to be that open in his statements and in his approach to games to not wanting to be there that the players become more vocal in saying something has to be done.

Look at the 2 statements posted by Boyd on the Rangers website. We must expect more and we need to build momentum. As headline statements they may be statements of the blindingly obvious. But is there an undercurrent?

"He said: "I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we are happy leaving places like this with a point then we are in a worse state than we think we are" Is he suggesting that the conversations at Ibrox or the statements are being made by the management team about outcomes like the Falkirk game and they are not acceptable from the players' point of view? Clearly the Support would agree but in making references about being happy with getting a point then who are the people who are happy?

"At times when you might have had set-backs and a couple of bad runs, you were able to get on a run after that, like we did at the start of this season. We need to get back to that as soon as possible." Again a statement of the blindingly obvious. But with a reference to not being able to get back on a run of winning form is there more to the statement than just the obvious need to start winning and to maintain winning consistency?

Maybe reading too much into these sorts of statements. But note that at no time did he go out of his way to say that the manager, coaches and squad are collectively trying the level best and more to get back to winning ways and are determined to do everything in their collective gift to deliver promotion. Leaves a bit of doubt in my mind that he (and maybe some other senior players) are just not able to respond to McD as a caretaker manager and they are looking for the right sort of leadership to bring them together into a team that is inspired to deliver.

Once again we have another thread showing total contempt to a Rangers Legend.

Now before some of you start reaching for the keyboard let me state categorically McCoist failed miserably as a Rangers Manager.

In fact, he was inept. But that's as far as it needs to go. To use the word disgusting at mccoist is out of order.

The OP is probably one of the first to rip into "the traitors" eg Naismith McGregor et al. Yet where is the loyalty nee respect for a guy who scored 355 goals - 27 against the rhats to boot. By all means criticise him, but for gods sake keep it real.

P.s. Is it just me or is the OP's name slightly Oirish? Just saying like.

Didn't you see Lethal Weapon then? He was the big black cop with a daughter you would die for.