boyd leaving?

Rintoul

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an article at the weekend in the press reporting on a recent interview with Boyd. In it he admits he was out of shape and had issues for a part of the season. He goes on to say that he will be in much better condition this season and will prove his sharpness and quality. Id doubt very much that Boyd would be so stupid to think he could get away with that sort of attitude and doubt Rangers would sell him anyway.

There was an article at the weekend in the press reporting on a recent interview with Boyd. In it he admits he was out of shape and had issues for a part of the season. He goes on to say that he will be in much better condition this season and will prove his sharpness and quality. Id doubt very much that Boyd would be so stupid to think he could get away with that sort of attitude and doubt Rangers would sell him anyway.

I dont care what shape Boydie is in...he can be 20 stone fur aw a care as long as he bangz then in like he has done since he arrived

In face if he continues with his scoring record I will by him a line a coke and a bevvy :classier_than_pipeguy:

I dont care what shape Boydie is in...he can be 20 stone fur aw a care as long as he bangz then in like he has done since he arrived

In face if he continues with his scoring record I will by him a line a coke and a bevvy :classier_than_pipeguy:

If you're happy with us finishing 2nd and Boyd scoring barrel-loads against Motherwell and St Mirren, then fair enough.

I would happily see him sold for a better player.

If you're happy with us finishing 2nd and Boyd scoring barrel-loads against Motherwell and St Mirren, then fair enough.

Mmmmm cant recall mentioning Motherwell and St Mirren.....

So where would we be without him....you really do have a strange way of thinking

You must think he has only score 10 goals or somethin like that, which teams do you want him to score against

Should he join Real Madrid so he can score against Spanish teams coz as far as we are concerned aw the teams he scores against are in the league he plays in

You are a funny fellow :lol:

So where would we be without him....you really do have a strange way of thinking

You must think he has only score 10 goals or somethin like that, which teams do you want him to score against

Should he join Real Madrid so he can score against Spanish teams coz as far as we are concerned aw the teams he scores against are in the league he plays in

Funny fellow :lol: Nicest thing anyone has said about me all day.

My main concern is CL or latter stages of Uefa Cup, as a decent defence would eat him for breakfast. And 1 goal against Celtic in the amount of games he's played against them is shocking.

He did finally score against Celtic!

As I said up there, that's 1 goal in how many games? A dismal record.

He's up there with Hemdani for goals against the Scum now.

Couldnt agree more Fishy fella; he can only score against what he's up against!

People are far too critical of the lad!

Couldnt agree more Fishy fella; he can only score against what he's up against!

People are far too critical of the lad!

Yep, I am. Critical of the whole team when I pay to watch rubbish like that season after season.

My main concern is CL or latter stages of Uefa Cup, as a decent defence would eat him for breakfast. And 1 goal against Celtic in the amount of games he's played against them is shocking.

I dont care if ne never scores against the scum we are not a one man team and if you think we should only rely on him for goals you have strange ambitions for RFC

Yer startin tae gibber wat that

I dont care if ne never scores against the scum we are not a one man team and if you think we should only rely on him for goals you have strange ambitions for RFC

Yer startin tae gibber wat that

As our number one striker, he HAS to score goals against Celtic.

Even Novo managed a good record against them when he was up front with Dado.

Your not suggesting Boyd cost us 1st place, surely ?

I dont care if ne never scores against the scum as long as he gets 25 a season we are not a one man team and if you think we should only rely on him for goals you have strange ambitions for RFC

Yer startin tae gibber way that UEFA and CL statement...its better you think before ye speak coz RFC are nowhere ready to compete in Europe, we are only making up the numbers :pipegreen:

As I said up there, that's 1 goal in how many games? A dismal record.

He's up there with Hemdani for goals against the Scum now.

Was typing probably the same time as your response. :)

Apart from that, even if he hasn't scored many against Celtic you don't get rid of your top scorer, how many goals did he score last season 20+, and he was off for a period with an injury.

Not at all, wouldn't dream of it.

The team did, but unless Boyd's attitude improves drastically he's never going to be a striker good enough for winning league after league coupled with relative success in Europe.

I do feel sorry for him, as strikers get all the attention, but at the end of the day, football is all about goals. And the way some of the posters on here go on about Boyd you'd think he was the best player in the world.

I am agreeing with FISH on this one.

Anybody who would rather see Boyd score say 3 or 4 goals in 4 games against Celtic over the course of a season as opposed to 30 goals against every other SPL team and only 1 against Celtic are letting the fact that they don't like Celtic affect their judgement.

Leagues are won over 38 games, not 4 against Celtic and at the end of the day 30 goals are 30 goals, Wheater they come agianst St Mirren or Celtic they all count at the end of the day and play a signifcant part in determining our success!

We are bringing in better players now and with better quality around him Boyd's service will only improve furthur.

Not at all, wouldn't dream of it.

The team did, but unless Boyd's attitude improves drastically he's never going to be a striker good enough for winning league after league coupled with relative success in Europe.

I do feel sorry for him, as strikers get all the attention, but at the end of the day, football is all about goals. And the way some of the posters on here go on about Boyd you'd think he was the best player in the world.

He has to loose weight and get fit, I'll give you that. He has stated that he is willing to work hard to do so, and if he is a man of his word then I will be happy.

Football is all about goals, correct, and we have a man capable of scoring them. He gets valid critisism due to his fitness, yes, but I think fans should be a bit more grateful that we have a player capable of 30 goals per season.

Anybody who would rather see Boyd score say 3 or 4 goals in 4 games against Celtic over the course of a season as opposed to 30 goals against every other SPL team and only 1 against Celtic are letting the fact that they don't like Celtic affect their judgement.

Leagues are won over 38 games, not 4 against Celtic and at the end of the day 30 goals are 30 goals, Wheater they come agianst St Mirren or Celtic they all count at the end of the day and play a signifcant part in determining our success!

I know that, but as our main striker he HAS to improve his record against them.

Rangers won't win the SPL unless they beat Celtic at least twice next season, and as our main man, KB has to do better against them.

Rangers won't win the SPL unless they beat Celtic at least twice next season, and as our main man, KB has to do better against them.

I think you are one of the people that Murray loves...just content to beat the scum

Your number one objective is Boyd scoring against them......absolute pesh

we as a team have to have many more players contributing to the goal-load not just one player, over the course of a season i would say that at least one striker scores 25+, one possibly two midfielders 10-15, and defenders 5-10 from set pieces as well, you have to spread the goals around the team so that opposing teams aren't only having to focus on defending against one player.

FISH is right...he bangs in the goals, he's a penalty box striker , someone we were screaming out for. Im in no doubt he will be scotlands top goalscorer by the end of next season

some people like to nit-pick when it comes to players. Facts speak for themselves, he is a goal-scoring machine

Do people honestly believe that he shouldn't try to improve his record against Celtic?

That's all I'm suggesting.

Most definetly.

I think you are one of the people that Murray loves...just content to beat the scum

Your number one objective is Boyd scoring against them......absolute pesh

You know I'm not a Murray lover.

Facts speak for themselves as everyone keeps saying - we won't win the league unless we win at least 2 of the 6 pointer's v Celtic, and Boydy (like a few other players, but this thread is about Boyd) has to continue from where he left off last season against them.

If we don't beat Celtic next season, say hello to 2nd again.