boyd leaving?

Rintoul

what difference is a one striker scoring 25 to 2 strikers getting 10+? when that other striker is probably going to nab hopefully about 10...

Difference is that if one is having an off day, the other might be able to put a few away.

Or, if both are playing well, it's twice the threat.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He must be getting out of bed pretty early if he is going to get drunk enough before training.

There is the possibility that he is pulling an all nighter. However I doubt that would happen. If he is constantly coming in to training drunk, when does he sleep??

If it was good enough for Brian Robson!

:beer1:

He must be getting out of bed pretty early if he is going to get drunk enough before training.

There is the possibility that he is pulling an all nighter. However I doubt that would happen. If he is constantly coming in to training drunk, when does he sleep??

True enough! :lol:

I read an interview with Peter Reid and Robbo in 442 mag. Talking about how they went to Magaluf for a holiday with the lads, and one night they ran out of mixers for the vodka and used mouthwash instead! :craphead:

what difference is a one striker scoring 25 to 2 strikers getting 10+? when that other striker is probably going to nab hopefully about 10...

Difference is that if one is having an off day, the other might be able to put a few away.

but im talking about having 2 strikers on the park... one of them boyd. if hes scoring 25 a season, hopefully the other one would be scoring the same or at least 10. if boyd doesnt score, yes the other should be playing. if we are playing with one lone striker, i know id rather have the more prolific player up front. especially if he has 3 supporting midfielders

Whoooooooo and whit ?????? :lol:

Thats very true, but a team can equally have an off day, with a win only coming from an individual spark

but im talking about having 2 strikers on the park... one of them boyd. if hes scoring 25 a season, hopefully the other one would be scoring the same or at least 10. if boyd doesnt score, yes the other should be playing. if we are playing with one lone striker, i know id rather have the more prolific player up front. especially if he has 3 supporting midfielders

All comes down to the formations at the end of the day though.

Just seems that we have more defensive mids than attacking ones, and in that case I'd rather have two good footballers up front.

Thats very true, but a team can equally have an off day, with a win only coming from an individual spark

Lets not get carried away. If the team are having a bad day Boyd doesnt touch the ball at all never mind score a goal.

Boyd relies on Ferguson and others to create opportunitys for him.

2, 10-15 goals a season strikers are better than one 20+ goal a season man.

Last season Prso, Novo etc done all the hard work and Boyd took all the glory.

The goal against Dunfermline comes to mind. Boyd on the half volley, 40 yards out - BELTER!

There's something from nothing, if that's what you're looking for...

Anyway, we are a football TEAM

Together

Everyone

Achieves

More

Why people expect Boyd to take the ball past 3 players and stick it in the back of the net, I do not know. It would be great if he could, but what we need is a creative midfield and a partner for Boyd.

god i hope they don't get rid of boyd. he's a great player. maybe they could do an intervention or get him some treatment instead. i mean he's a professional athlete for crissakes and shouldn't be drinking at'all during the season. unlikely this, but it's worth a shot.