Start The Clearout Now ?

tannerall

If the board has conceded this season is effectively over, and it looks highly likely there will be no managerial changes till end of season, then why don't we just relieve Kenny of the job which has "scarred him and Ally for life".

And imo most of our so called professional experienced players who have failed so badly should now join Ally in the garden until their contracts have run out and/or been terminated at end of season.

Is now the time to get rid of the old wood, put Durie in charge and give the youngsters vital game time and experience ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this 'scarred for life' chat?

Source. :ohmy:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/561970/Kenny-McDowall-scarred-by-Rangers

KENNY McDOWALL reckons the events of the past four years at Rangers have left him and former boss Ally McCoist with scars that may never heal.

Published: 22:43, Wed, March 4, 2015
fb.png
tw.png
g.png
m.png
sh.png
c.png

McDowall-561970.jpgWILLIE VASS

Kenny McDowall admits he has been ‘burned deep’ by events at Rangers

The caretaker manager knows he is close to ending his short reign, with the Dave King regime expected to complete their takeover tomorrow and install a new boss within a matter of weeks.

McDowall’s experience at Ibrox can be split into two wildly contrasting halves – four years of titles, trophies and European excitement, followed by four of pain, suffering and corporate mayhem.

And as he prepares to take the Light Blues to Cowdenbeath on Saturday on Championship duty, he claims there are things that may never be revealed.

McDowall said: “I will never forget what we have been through – it has burned pretty deep.

“Nobody knows and nobody will ever know what we have had to endure.

“What we had to deal with here will never happen again.

“Ally McCoist has done an incredible job here and will he get credit? I think he will but I don’t think it will be now – it will be in a few years’ time. Whether we move somewhere else and carry on, time will tell, but one thing I do know is it will stand us in good stead.

“It has been an incredible experience and when it’s over I will probably have mixed emotions – good and bad.

“I didn’t expect to be the manager but when it happens you just have to take the reins and crack on. It’s all you can do.

“It has been difficult just because of what has been happening at the club.

“I was privy to it before and didn’t think it could get any worse, but it seems things don’t get better here.

“Having to contend with everything has been difficult.

“I am sure I will look back and think, ‘That was incredible’.”

Meanwhile, midfielder Nicky Law has backed his old Motherwell gaffer Stuart McCall as the perfect candidate to take the Rangers job.

“He would be fantastic,” said Law. “He’s a legend here for the great service he gave to the club as a player, and I’ve no doubt he would do the same as a manager.

“It’s a huge job for whoever takes over. It’s a difficulttask because there’s obviously a lot to do on the playing side, but knowing his character it’s not something that would worry him.

“It’s something I’m sure he would relish and he’s got a great reputation for improving people as he did at Motherwell.

It will be interesting to see where the majority of these duds, including players, end up plying their trade, if you can call it a trade.

Really would not be surprised if they went back to Scottish Premiership clubs and put in performances, the final boot in the baws for us!

Honestly, we should just dump 90% of this first team tomorrow.

We dont need them. Even if we dont appoint a new manager until we get Ally and Kenny paid off, lets get talking to someone and identify what we need moving forward.

Really would not be surprised if they went back to Scottish Premiership clubs and put in performances, the final boot in the baws for us!

Some of them were undoubtedly decent enough players before they were exposed to the McCoist/McDowall/Durrant 'coaching' regime. They will come good again with other clubs who have a professional approach to coaching and tactics.

Source. :ohmy:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/561970/Kenny-McDowall-scarred-by-Rangers

KENNY McDOWALL reckons the events of the past four years at Rangers have left him and former boss Ally McCoist with scars that may never heal.

Published: 22:43, Wed, March 4, 2015

By LINDSAY HERRON

fb.png

tw.png

g.png

m.png

sh.png

c.png

McDowall-561970.jpgWILLIE VASSKenny McDowall admits he has been burned deep by events at Rangers

The caretaker manager knows he is close to ending his short reign, with the Dave King regime expected to complete their takeover tomorrow and install a new boss within a matter of weeks.

McDowalls experience at Ibrox can be split into two wildly contrasting halves four years of titles, trophies and European excitement, followed by four of pain, suffering and corporate mayhem.

And as he prepares to take the Light Blues to Cowdenbeath on Saturday on Championship duty, he claims there are things that may never be revealed.

McDowall said: I will never forget what we have been through it has burned pretty deep.

Nobody knows and nobody will ever know what we have had to endure.

What we had to deal with here will never happen again.

Ally McCoist has done an incredible job here and will he get credit? I think he will but I dont think it will be now it will be in a few years time. Whether we move somewhere else and carry on, time will tell, but one thing I do know is it will stand us in good stead.

It has been an incredible experience and when its over I will probably have mixed emotions good and bad.

I didnt expect to be the manager but when it happens you just have to take the reins and crack on. Its all you can do.

It has been difficult just because of what has been happening at the club.

I was privy to it before and didnt think it could get any worse, but it seems things dont get better here.

Having to contend with everything has been difficult.

I am sure I will look back and think, That was incredible.

Meanwhile, midfielder Nicky Law has backed his old Motherwell gaffer Stuart McCall as the perfect candidate to take the Rangers job.

He would be fantastic, said Law. Hes a legend here for the great service he gave to the club as a player, and Ive no doubt he would do the same as a manager.

Its a huge job for whoever takes over. Its a difficulttask because theres obviously a lot to do on the playing side, but knowing his character its not something that would worry him.

Its something Im sure he would relish and hes got a great reputation for improving people as he did at Motherwell.

Jesus fuck :anguish:

I would thank McDowall for his service. Let him go now. Let McCulloch take charge till end of season as long as he hangs up his boots. 2 problems solved in 1 go. No more embarrassing moments from Kenny and no more McCulloch at centre-half

I would thank McDowall for his service. Let him go now. Let McCulloch take charge till end of season as long as he hangs up his boots. 2 problems solved in 1 go. No more embarrassing moments from Kenny and no more McCulloch at centre-half

No thanks. McCulloch couldn't organise and motivate those around him in any position he played, never mind pick the team. Another of the old skool Ally gang. Durie would be a better choice imo.

McD is finished. He knows this. He simply cannot manage and he definitely cannot lead. The more this goes on the more the Board will have to intervene at least to relieve him of caretaker manager status and remove the undoubted pressure McD is under and which is most probably not good for him as an employee of Rangers.

Those players who are out of contract at the end of the season should be relieved of any requirement play for the first team unless there are absolutely unavoidable reasons why they would have to be picked. There needs to be a fresh attitude and belief on the pitch and that needs to come from players who will still be here next season and who can be encouraged by the Support to be the stars of next season.

Clearout needs to start now.