Start The Clearout Now ?

tannerall

Some of them were undoubtedly decent enough players before they were exposed to the McCoist/McDowall/Durrant 'coaching' regime. They will come good again with other clubs who have a professional approach to coaching and tactics.

No they won't.

None of them will ever come close to winning a trophy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to see any more rangers men in charge ever -

john greig for all he has done tried it as a manager

didnt work - not his fault - he was a football player and legend always will be.

Ally Mc Coist a player never a manager.

For a club our size and history it should be an opportunity for a new manager to come in

it shouldnt be hard to introduce a hungry type to freshen up and bring in HIS PLAYERS

not old pals - but players that appreciate hard work and the right attitude required

Some of their value on the transfer market will have dropped dramatically. Lee Wallace in particular would hardly raise a fraction of what he was thought to be worth a couple of years ago. No doubt he will leave and miraculously remember how to play again. A clear out is needed but there's not going to be a queue for any of them.

I think it's more important to be planning and implementing for the future. We must perservere through to the end of the season with this group and hope that someone can turn things around.

We need to be working flat out setting up a thorough and professional scouting department and strategy.

We need to be putting a lot of efforts into luring the best youth players to Rangers and providing them with the very best coaching ethos and coaches we possibly can.

We need to use the rest of this season to give more youth players an opportunity to play in the first team and banish some of these under performing encumbents to the sidelines.

Some of their value on the transfer market will have dropped dramatically. Lee Wallace in particular would hardly raise a fraction of what he was thought to be worth a couple of years ago. No doubt he will leave and miraculously remember how to play again. A clear out is needed but there's not going to be a queue for any of them.

I totally agree their values will have dropped massively but I think you'd be surprised how many managers still have faith in many of them. Look at Law, he miraculously had a 6 figure bid put in for him (reportedly). I think a lot of teams in the SPL would take their players back in a heartbeat. Most would probably just assume the circumstances and management caused the drop in form imo. Guys like Boyd, Law, Templeton, McGregor and even Black, Shiels and Miller. I guarantee every one of them would snap up Wallace given half a chance. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they left us and went straight back to SPL teams, with some even just picking up where they left off.

You would think some of the people we have do it for free, our club is full of mercenaries, including the managemt team.

I would start dropping the people that are out of contract in the summer and start playing youth, but tell thenones dropped they would stillnhavento attend all training and games. I wouldn't pay them off, but advise they can leave and they wouldn't be paid any further money,

The clearout will come as it has to if the new board want the fans to get behind them and put money into the club.The board know they cant ask fans to buy match tickets and STs without them making the necessary sweeping changes that are required.Surely they have had some kind of plan in place,some potential candidates for the managers job in mind while they have been persuing their fight back to the boardroom.

I'd drop all those who aren't contracted beyond this season and who aren't likely to be offered a deal. Motivation is a huge problem for these guys.

Hardie, Gallagher, Murdoch, Halkett all have a future to play for. Miller and co don't.

The management had a glorious opportunity last season to bring a few young guys in when the league was won with games to spare.What did our management team do,oh no they wanted to preserve their unbeaten run in div 2 what a shower of shit,spineless,clueless imposters the lot of them.What a mark of confidence that installs in young guys when the management wont play them in case they get beat and lose the unbeaten run.On the other hand who was to say they wouldn't have kept winning with the young guys in.We will never know but just one more managerial disaster from the Ibrox dugout.

I think it's more important to be planning and implementing for the future. We must perservere through to the end of the season with this group and hope that someone can turn things around.

We need to be working flat out setting up a thorough and professional scouting department and strategy.

We need to be putting a lot of efforts into luring the best youth players to Rangers and providing them with the very best coaching ethos and coaches we possibly can.

We need to use the rest of this season to give more youth players an opportunity to play in the first team and banish some of these under performing encumbents to the sidelines.

were too busy thanking the daily record and trying to build bridges with scottish football to sort all that out mate (tu)

A couple of guys on RangersChat, Lawman and someone else said it like it is for me - Drop the lot of them and play the kids, at least a few of the kids may rise to the top and save an expense in the summer.

When does a kid get the chance the likes of Boyd have had all season - btw jut how in the fuck is he our free-kick taker now?

Bring in the kids who've been doing well and give them a run of first team experience, drop the non-performing out-of-contracts players with a view to never playing them again.

If the club has given up on this season's promotion then why the hell not?

I'm starting to think certain players have had a poor attitude which has acted like a cancer and spread throughout the rest of the players. The management being so poor has not only failed to prevent this, but has increased its rate of spread by continuously picking players who don't deserve to be picked.

Just my opinion of course but I do think it's true, and these players would have to be removed in order to get any benefit. I would imagine it's the like of Black or Boyd causing the problems as their attitude has always been disgusting.

Explain? Something you made up?

Why would I make it up ? Try reading between the lines of what has actually been said. Here's a couple of starters:

"Dave King hopeful of promotion this year but if not wants improvement next season."

and

"Asked if it was imperative Rangers gained promotion from the Championship this season, considering they are currently third behind Hearts and Hibs, he said: "No. As I have said this is going to take a long time to turn things around at this club and if we are still in this division at the end of the season then so be it.

"It is vital that we get the right man in charge of the team, but that man will be less of a manager and more of a coach as we don't want to go out and buy a new team. We want someone who will come in and develop the youngsters."

In Kenny McDowall we will trust. Still confident ?

New manager should be first priority for the new regime. We should be rejoicing in getting our club back after these last pain filled years, but after yesterdays performance the highs of regime change have been replaced by the awful thought that we have to endure this torture to the end of the season.

I agree with Preacher.

Let the young (some not so young now) guys run with it.

If we don't and there is a management change, the new manager will bring in new players and once again our kids won't get the chance to show what they can do.

We find out if they are good enough and nurture them. The ones who are not good enough can move on. But at least they would have had the opportunity to shine.

At present we ain't gonna win the league and we are struggling to even get 2nd spot - What is there to lose?