Nothing To Lose Now...

Really don't see why we cannot drop every single one of those wage thiefs and play our youngsters. At least we will then see a bit of fight in the team and they will be much fitter than our current lot.

Have to wonder why Boyd was in the squad and Gallagher never even got a look in, he looked the part last season, went on loan and scored goals, comes back to us and scores all the time for the youngsters so why is he not ever included in the first team squad?!

It's total madness..

Really don't see why we cannot drop every single one of those wage thiefs and play our youngsters. At least we will then see a bit of fight in the team and they will be much fitter than our current lot.

Have to wonder why Boyd was in the squad and Gallagher never even got a look in, he looked the part last season, went on loan and scored goals, comes back to us and scores all the time for the youngsters so why is he not ever included in the first team squad?!

It's total madness..

Nothing to lose is a stretch. It is entirely possible, and on current form probable, that we won't even make the play offs. I agree though that we need to see wholesale changes, but we very much have something to lose.

Because we'd probably get humped every week. There's no point in bringing in youngsters just for the sake of it. I believe in giving the most promising ones a chance but to fill up the team with youngsters is just silly. We've still got enough about us to get promoted.

Because we'd probably get humped every week. There's no point in bringing in youngsters just for the sake of it. I believe in giving the most promising ones a chance but to fill up the team with youngsters is just silly. We've still got enough about us to get promoted.

Would we though, the standard in the championship, for me anyways, is pretty poor. I think the young guys would give it a good go.

We might still have enough about us to get promoted only if the team start performing, this however, does not look like happening.

No we don't.

We are fucking pish.

Not sure what it will take for folk to realise we ain't going up.

Would we though, the standard in the championship, for me anyways, is pretty poor. I think the young guys would give it a good go.

We might still have enough about us to get promoted only if the team start performing, this however, does not look like happening.

I say give McCall a chance with this squad before completely chucking it. Plus, if we bin them all and go with youngsters we'll still have the useless arseholes hanging around making life uncomfortable for the gaffer and the youngsters.

McCall will change nothing. Convinced of it. McCulloch exempt from any from criticism from management. It's like fucking Rooney for England.

Sorry to make mcculloch an example but McCall needs to drop every "stalwart" and just start from the bottom up

Fucks sake Rangers

No need to apologise..McCulloch is the perfect example. His high wages and crap performances are a big part of the problem. Really looking forward to the day he is not on that team sheet..

Nothing to lose is a stretch. It is entirely possible, and on current form probable, that we won't even make the play offs. I agree though that we need to see wholesale changes, but we very much have something to lose.

dead right there is a lot to lose - we can still make the playoffs and with full houses we could well win through.

I say give McCall a chance with this squad before completely chucking it. Plus, if we bin them all and go with youngsters we'll still have the useless arseholes hanging around making life uncomfortable for the gaffer and the youngsters.

We could just buy an allotment for them and have a shot at winning the Chelsea flower show. I'd be happy to see Walsh, Murdoch and Gallagher at least start for us. Don't know much about the others but heard a few on here say Hardie, Sinnamon, Halkett and Ramsey are promising. Fingers crossed anyway.

No we don't and it's time we stopped kidding ourselves. This season is over as far as i am concerned. The key players are done or simply not good enough. Drop McCulloch but in all honesty who is going to be better? Mohsni/Halkett/Faure...or Daly. In short there is no outstanding replacement.

Same with Law and Miller or Hutton or McGregor. They are all done or not good enough.

By all means play more of the kids but as good as some of them are they aren't going to transform this team.

Just in and yet again most of the current squad couldn't kick their own arses. We won't get promoted so let McCall blood some youngsters and do what we should have done three years ago and build a team that gives young players a chance. We won't be able to afford has been's on big wages anymore, not that we ever could. McCoist has done so much damage that we are now in a worse position than we were in post admin.

Stuart McCall looked angry going down the tunnel and no wonder.

The way I see it is this.

With the Boardroom stuff settled, and as a result Support tension and criticism of Directors now subsided to normal levels and a failed caretaker manager gone that leaves the finances to be stabalised and a team built that somehow wins promotion or if not then a core team formed for next season on which hopefully a Championship challenging side can be built. That might be a bit of stretch to win the Championship or promotion next season if there has to be over-reliance on youth but its early days yet. Oh and (if the Board are to be believed) a manager for the future appointed.

Good stuff up to a point. At least Board stuff is rear view mirror.

This season? The team is finished. If they cannot lift their game in the circumstances of a new Board and a new Manager and a big crowd backing them at Ibrox today against the lowest of low opposition then they never will do anything for the Support this season. Their confidence is shot to bits. They are all over the place. No pride in the jersey. No determination. Not alert enough. Not fit enough. Dare I say it - no enthusiasm and no energy. Bereft of it. They're done. Expensive failures.

So what to do? What's to be lost given the players public indifference yet again to any sort of producing any evidence that they care about the Support or what this season means to the Support?

How about this for a way forward:

The squad is too bloated. Too much choice of players where you don't know what the fuck they are going to do attitude-wise when they get onto the pitch.

Remove from the first team squad every player who is out of contract at the end of the season. Remove them entirely. Let them train at different times to the fist team squad but remove the negative contamination that yesterday's failures may have on the team of tomorrow. Remove the risk of negative influence completely. Sure these players as individuals may get other clubs and do well enough and may even hurt us in games in the future. But in the here and now at Ibrox they are failures. They have let the Support down and that is not something that we should meekly accept.

Also remove from the first team squad any troublemakers. Those who carp too much. Those whose voice is too far from being positive and encouraging and energetic and enthusiastic. Even if they are still in contract remove them from the first team squad.

Result - a first team squad that we have for next season regardless of the league. And it is from that squad that a side is picked and only that squad.

Time to cut out the failed deadwood is now so that time is taken to build a team for next season. Who knows, maybe the result might be a more cohesive team that steps out of the first gear sloth we are seeing week in and week out and might actually achieve something this season - or if not then at least be applauded off the park for visibly showing that they are trying which is more than can be said for the lot today and for the teams presented to us as Rangers teams this season.

What's the real downside to that strategy? What - in all reality given the continued mounting weight of evidence - is there to lose? And even if the scales show some potential loss is it outweighed by the potential gains?

Cut the deadwood now. For the sake of next season regardless of the league we find ourselves in. They are dragging the Club to lower and lower unacceptable levels of football.

No, we don't.

I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion.

Last season when we were thirty points clear was the time to play the youngsters, or in the cups. Now is not the time. At this stage of the season, we simply have to go with the senior players and see if they can stem the tide, he some form and secure a play-off berth. Play-offs will be a lottery IMO but after the season we have had, we have everything to gain and nothing to lose from them.