Nothing To Lose Now...

McCulloch - Finished

Miller - Finished

Boyd - Chucked it/finished.

Wallace - Chucked it

Zaliukas - On another planet all together.

Have been saying for a couple of weeks now, we're going nowhere fast with these guys in the team. Wallace apart, the rest would be dropped in any other squad even in this league. Nobody has got the balls to drop Jig, and the other 4 are never going to regain the levels needed to get us out of this league this season. Guys like Templeton, Shiels, Mohsni, Foster & Black do nothing for our squad when played.

We have to be realistic and say we need another season in the Championship. I'm sure that with a proper coach/manager in place over the summer we can get the very best out of Clark, McGregor, Law & Hutton.....but in all honesty they probably would have been doing well making the bench in any other period in our history. We're a shambles this term, and the best thing that McCall can do for us is to see what the likes of Gallacher, Walsh, Sinnamon, Gasparotto, Murdoch & Burrows can bring to the team. If it's not a lot then we will at least know how many players will be needed in the summer.

The abject way the implosion of form and sheer inability to win games and defend properly means, imo, we are facing another season or more in the Championship. IMO there is nothing to lose by carving away the misfiring expensive failures right now - especially those who are going to be out of contract pretty soon. And leave a squad that is aiming off to next season regardless of the league we are in. Delaying this risks too much of an experimental side being formed at the start of next season. We need to hit the start of the season in the best possible shape as a team and now is the time to start that work If as a spin off the revamped team wins promotion then fair enough and well done them. Nowt to lose in my opinion.

But whatever McC decides to do - stick with the failing players or cut them away from the first team squad - the person who is of equal importance at Ibrox is whoever has replaced DL as the cost-cutter. Because if we are to spend at least another season in the Championship it is utterly vital (imo) that our costs are driven to a sustainable level well well below whatever revenue we get from ST sales, match day sales, (probably) reduced commercials and whatever money King, and Park and any other shareholders put in. For investment from other sources looks to me to be impossible until there is clear demonstration of costs under solid control and a team on the park which has earned promotion and is then developed to be capable of challenging for European football. The first - cost control - needs to be happening now with costs much lower than revenues right from the start of next season. The second - promotion and then development to challenge for European football - is years away at the current rate of knots.

We missed a golden opportunity last year when div 2 was won with games to spare,that was the time to give more young guys a chance.But what did our illustrious management team decide "we dont want to loose our unbeaten run" in div 2 of Scottish football ffs.What a show of belief in young players that was that they werent getting a chance in case the got beat.Well if you need some re-assurance there you have it.A complete and utter shambles of a management team the likes i hope i and every other Rangers fan never has to witness ever again.

Last season when we were thirty points clear was the time to play the youngsters, or in the cups. Now is not the time. At this stage of the season, we simply have to go with the senior players and see if they can stem the tide, he some form and secure a play-off berth. Play-offs will be a lottery IMO but after the season we have had, we have everything to gain and nothing to lose from them.

Now is the time. If we continue with the current lot we are not going up and on current form will be lucky to even make the playoffs. They need dropped asap.

We now have a new board...no excuse there

We now have a proven manager...no excuse there

We now have Bears back in numbers...no excuse there

The players were proven players...no excuse there

So what the fucks wrong now? that they can't win a game

Not expecting miracles just win a game

Quite simply they don't care. They have chucked it.

It's just folk thinking this is Rangers and we are too big to stay here.

It's base on fuck all with what we have actually served up on the park.

Folk need to wake up for a change.

(tu)

The fact is this is the worst squad of players we have had in the last 30 odd years and they have long since chucked it.

It's been glaringly obvious for months now.

Folk need to pull their heads out their arses, not a chance these shitebags are taking us up. Drop them and keep them out till their contracts expire.

I'll be raging if any of them are offered new deals, the bastards.

The Dud had a responsibility to build for the future whilst taking care of the present. He failed.

SMcC wants the permanent gig, but his remit is to get us promoted not to worry about youth development or next season.

Its all about the here and now.

He has to use all or any player at his disposal to get us wins. Whilst I think to likes of Gal Walsh and Murdock at the expense of experienced flops like Miller Boyd Jig and Law could help achieve this, it has to be about wins now not about next season.

Doubt he'll manage it but I for one wont be blaming SMcC for our failings this season.

Need to remember that even if some think the season, it isn't for McCall, he is in this to try and get a contract, so he will be using whoever he thinks will do a job.

He can't afford to throw in the under 21's and lose every week.

He is no mug and will sacrifice the deadwood to achieve is aims.

Two days and one game was never going to be the defining period.

Might have been better if he had a week before the first game but unfortunately he is hit with three in a week.

Groundhog statement but hopefully Tuesday will see some changes and change of fortune, and some goals.

Think we have 10 goals in 10 games.

Now is the time. If we continue with the current lot we are not going up and on current form will be lucky to even make the playoffs. They need dropped asap.

Wouldn't disagree with bringing in one or two younger players up front to try and liven things up but it's asking a lot to make wholesale changes at this stage. Really don't think bringing in younger players at the back is a good idea. Although some say they have written of our chance of promotion, the stakes and frustrations are only going to get higher over the next few weeks. Over the years, Rangers fans do not have a great deal of patience or understanding when we have played younger back players. If they make a mistake in a key game, they will get slaughtered. Not fair in my opinion and I don't think McCall will do it either.

All of the above, doesn't mean to say we do not a massive clear out close season. If we don't make promotion, we will have all of next season to blood youngsters and any new players which should be time enough.

Wouldn't disagree with bringing in one or two younger players up front to try and liven things up but it's asking a lot to make wholesale changes at this stage. Really don't think bringing in younger players at the back is a good idea. Although some say they have written of our chance of promotion, the stakes and frustrations are only going to get higher over the next few weeks. Over the years, Rangers fans do not have a great deal of patience or understanding when we have played younger back players. If they make a mistake in a key game, they will get slaughtered. Not fair in my opinion and I don't think McCall will do it either.

All of the above, doesn't mean to say we do not a massive clear out close season. If we don't make promotion, we will have all of next season to blood youngsters and any new players which should be time enough.

Stick with the wasters then. Kiss goodbye to any hopes of promotion.

If we bring in our younger players, how many poor performances and mistakes will you allow them before they to become a waster.

There's a difference between poor performances and mistakes compared to a complete lack of application/effort.

There's a difference between poor performances and mistakes compared to a complete lack of application/effort.

I don't see a lack of application/effort (apart from Law maybe), just a team who have lost confidence and direction and whose ability level is far less than we are used to.