We Will Get Promoted

Bad Robot

Havent read the whole thread but agree with the principle. We can still win promotion.

At the first half of this season we were definitely one of the top two teams in this division.

The boardroom troubles and all the negativity even when we won earlier in the season (and indeed since every win or lose since being tossed out of the spl) has taken its toll on the players.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take one game at a time and hopefully with better and longer training sessions and adding a few new faces like a couple of the newcastle lads and some younger players we may just make it through the playoffs. Then we will need a huge injection of cash to bring in all new faces and get rid of any non performers.

It doesn't matter if they fans think we'll get promoted or not, do the players think we will; does the manager think we will? They really do need to put a run of games together starting now.

We have put a run of games together - 4 draws in a row!

That's some kind of consistency to shake them out of!

No, and in all seriousness with the current squad performing as they are how embarrassing could it get if we did go up? Miss out and at least it gives McCall a chance to stamp his own mark on the team, bring in some new faces and ship out some (a lot of) dead wood.

Based on the input of SM over the next few months.

Do you think we will make the play offs and a what point do you see us failing ?

Based on the fact we are still pishing with the same cock we have been with all season. Only difference is someone else is holding the cock. This season is a right off. SM will rebuild from next season.

I'm sure we will be in the play-off places at the end of the season.

it's then 3 games (max) for promotion. I would bet on us getting it right by then under SM.

Bears.....we will go up.

(Anyone like to bet £50 - to go to Sponsors Fund (Erskine) that I'm wrong)

small print...the above bet is for 1 person........I'm not taking on 40 of you !!!

We have been beyond abysmal since December, but although inconsistent in the first few months of the season we did show some good form, putting some SPL teams out of cups, etc.

I have no doubt we are good enough, and I hope that we have enough games left for our new manager to find a team and plan of how to play.

Ally left us in some mess on the park :mccoist:

Nothing to do wuith Craig Whyte or all the players that decided to leave The Rangers for no money at all. All Super Ally's fault...Infact it's that cunts fault the weather is shite in Scotland and the place is full of scumbag neds.

Nothing to do wuith Craig Whyte or all the players that decided to leave The Rangers for no money at all. All Super Ally's fault...Infact it's that cunts fault the weather is shite in Scotland and the place is full of scumbag neds.

He had plenty of time (in football terms) to put that right, along with the easiest of run ups to get his act & squad together.

Absolutely NO excuses.

He had plenty of time (in football terms) to put that right, along with the easiest of run ups to get his act & squad together.

Absolutely NO excuses.

And he done amazingly well until we came up a much better standard, I think we as Rangers fans expect to much we expect to be the best of the best even after liquidation. I think alot of fans dont realise just what went on during and behind the scenes at The Rangers and expect us just to bounce up the leagues no matter what.

Fact is if Ally went with youth from the offset we might still be in the 4th or 3rd division and fans would be screaming blue murder!!! Yet on here fans are screaming for youths to replace SPL players we have the now...No way would they be happy at a youth team still in the 4th or 3rd.

Now if only Naimsith and Co stayed...Then we would of been happy and we could of played decent football but of course they rats deserted us! But nothing to do with them...right?

The more I've seen recently - actually more precisely since the draw at Ibrox with Alloa in Nov when the opportunity was lost to peg back some points against the league leaders - the more I have begun to wonder if the will to win promotion via play offs started to evaporate from the Manager and players. As if it was win the league or not bother. I know I know there was some talk from McCoist at the time about recognising that play offs may need to be the route - but how much (I wonder) was that just a sort of smokescreen.

Bad management, poor motivation of the team, poor team selections and so on - plus of course form implosion not just from one or two players but across the team - all add to the place we find ourselves now. Where after a new Board is installed, a failing caretaker manager is removed, a new manager installed, and a large supporting crowd today at Ibrox and against the weakest team in the division - the result is not one iota of improvement. Not one iota. Why is that? Is it because they - the players - don't really want to be part of a play off contest? Is it because they know they are shite at cup-tie types of games? Is it because the know they can't (or won't) handle the pressure? Has it become a case of they've had it - can't really handle it - don't want to take it any more - just want the season to end then slink away out of Ibrox and try to rebuild a career somewhere else? Have they to all intents and purposes simply given up trying and are just going through mechanical motions game after game. Have they got to the point being quite happy if we didn't even make the promotion play offs just to get the season over with early?

I wonder. I really do wonder. And the more I see of continued abject failure the less I wonder and begin to become persuaded that they simply do not care enough to make the effort to represent Rangers to the best of their individual and collective ability. Now if that is part of the underlying case then McCall faces an impossible uphill battle. Because of the players are not themselves willing to give it their best shot, to roust themselves out of lethargy and slothfulness and be the Rangers team they really should be then that's it for the season. I'd really like to believe they would at least give it their best shot, But game after game after game proves otherwise does it not?

I expected us to get a narrow win today. The work starts now.

The players need to be in training tomorrow, those who played today need to be dropped with the exception of Walsh, Wallace, McGregor and Robinson.

If McCall plays mcculloch and co against Alloa, then there is no hope for him or us. I think the only way to get around the issues caused by McCoist and McDowall is to to make them the minority in the first team.

I think if he drops enough of them we might get the win we all know we need on Tuesday. If we've seen anything of late it's that the best performers are those that have been distant to mccoist and McDowalls ways i.e. Walsh, Vuckic and to an extent Murdoch. Surely anyone can see McCoist and McDowall have failed to inspire, motivate or develop any of the players at their disposal over the last 3 years in the 4th, 3rd and 2nd tier of Scottish football with the second largest budget in the country.

The problems run deep and until all of it can be purged we are going to suffer the same sort of indignant performances from people who couldn't care less as long as they get paid their dues. Scandalous footballing mercenaries who need to be dropped and never played again.

And he done amazingly well until we came up a much better standard, I think we as Rangers fans expect to much we expect to be the best of the best even after liquidation. I think alot of fans dont realise just what went on during and behind the scenes at The Rangers and expect us just to bounce up the leagues no matter what.

Fact is if Ally went with youth from the offset we might still be in the 4th or 3rd division and fans would be screaming blue murder!!! Yet on here fans are screaming for youths to replace SPL players we have the now...No way would they be happy at a youth team still in the 4th or 3rd.

Now if only Naimsith and Co stayed...Then we would of been happy but of course they rats deserted us! But nothing to do with them...right?

'Amazingly'?

Get a grip.

There were decent signings aplenty and no one didn't get paid.

Nothing else mattered behind the scenes & McCoist was paid handsomely for distancing the players from the 'behind the scenes' stuff, which you'll know is what any manager claims his remit to be.

Anyway, behind the scenes turmoil put to bed for 3 games now.

3 draws from the pile of duds he's foisted on us.

Just who do these wasters want to play for?

And don't get me started on what opportunities were missed to blood the likes of Telfer, while pursuing the 'amazing' unbeaten league season - self-indulgent pish at it's worst, with the shite you see on the park now it's ultimate & obvious outcome.

Now if only Naimsith and Co stayed...Then we would of been happy and we could of played decent football but of course they rats deserted us! But nothing to do with them...right?

You're entitled to your own opinion but I'll give you mine, you are deluded if you believe what you have said. You say he had done amazingly well but any manager in Scotland with a budget that size would have got up those divisions. Mccoist was a coward, he took the easy option because he cannot develop players. A good manager worth their salt would have brought in a few experienced players and played youth to supplement it. No one was calling for 11 youths.

The reason people say put in the youths is that any youths that have played have shown the right attitude and that for me counts for more than ability and piss poor attitude when the chips are down..

McCall said himself that under performing players would be dropped. We'll see if he's true to his word and then we'll see if a team with the likes of Walsh, Gallgher, Murdoch, Sinnamon, Halkett etc. would be better than the guff that our hard earned cash is lining their pockets with while they've been swanning around like f-ing superstars taking days off after awful performances.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season I tell you one thing I can't wait until these contracts expire and they are gone for good. The sooner we can get rid of mccoist legacy the better regardless of division.

It may be tough, but I believe we will get there under McCall. I think we will finish 2nd, and power through the playoffs. By the time we reach them it will be a transformed team you are looking at.

i hope you are correct, but doubt it, i am a glass half full man as a rule, but on this it.s half empty.