*****the Official Hibs V Rangers Thread*****

anything other than 3 points will kill off any chance of finishing 2nd

I saw a definite improvement in the players' attitude last night, just need to sort that awful defence out. McCall has 4 days to do it, really hope he can pull it off

Assuming Zaliukas and Vuckic are injured i'd go with pace and movement......

And McCulloch is in there as I can't think of a better option if Zaliukas is injured. And playing Moshni would be like replacing a big steaming shite with a big steaming turd!

3-2 Rangers!

180315083749.png

We played better than Hibs at Ibrox last time (even though they won) so that gives me SOME encouragement.

McCall will need to shake things up big time for a result, Boyd, Jig, Law and any other shitebags need to be dropped and finally...get Gallagher in there, what does the young lad need to do to get a chance again?!

4-0 to the bears

.............and then you wake up!!!!

Hearts have shown over the years against Hibs that if you play at a high tempo with pace and movement that Hibs are easily beatable. We need to try and emulate the way Hearts play. Issue is we don't have the same quality of players but if we drop the under performers and bring in youth and pace to the team we have a chance - if Hibs have an off day. Not confident of a result though. May be damage limitation job :-(

Bell

Sinnamon

McGregor

Halkett

Wallace

McCulloch

Walsh

Law

Shiels

Templeton

Gallagher

4-1-4-1 without the ball, 4-3-3 with. Murdoch, Clark and Hardie amongst the subs.

I'd play McCulloch as the holding midfielder. One thing McCulloch is good at is physical battles. Our midfield is too lightweight and Hutton or Black wouldn't really help imo. McCulloch can just sit in, break up the play, win a tackle/header and pass it on to the quicker/more skilful players ahead like Walsh, Law, Shiels, Templeton, Gallagher. He's not a centre back, but to be fair to him he done alright when he played in midfield earlier in the season and he can also chip in with a goal from there. Templeton and Walsh providing speed and width, Law and Shiels looking to press and supply from the middle (two quick cb will enable us to press higher) and Gallagher up front. He can offer pace and he can also hold the ball up/win balls in the air. One of the few strikers we've got in form and yet he can't get a game.

Bell

Sinnamon

McGregor

Halkett

Wallace

McCulloch

Walsh

Law

Shiels

Templeton

Gallagher

4-1-4-1 without the ball, 4-3-3 with. Murdoch, Clark and Hardie amongst the subs.

I'd play McCulloch as the holding midfielder. One thing McCulloch is good at is physical battles. Our midfield is too lightweight and Hutton or Black wouldn't really help imo. McCulloch can just sit in, break up the play, win a tackle/header and pass it on to the quicker/more skilful players ahead like Walsh, Law, Shiels, Templeton, Gallagher. He's not a centre back, but to be fair to him he done alright when he played in midfield earlier in the season and he can also chip in with a goal from there. Templeton and Walsh providing speed and width, Law and Shiels looking to press and supply from the middle (two quick cb will enable us to press higher) and Gallagher up front. He can offer pace and he can also hold the ball up/win balls in the air. One of the few strikers we've got in form and yet he can't get a game.

so we just drop clark after him scoring 2 goals ?

so we just drop clark after him scoring 2 goals ?

Clark has been terrible this season for us. Out of all the games I've seen him play this year, struggling to think of one game he played well. Can't hold the ball up, poor touch and has been pretty wasteful. He was pretty poor again last night. We were playing ALLOA last night! and to be fair he couldn't miss the two chances he scored. His goalscoring record this season has been terrible as has his overall play. Time to give someone else a chance ie Gallagher or Hardie. If Boyd had stayed on and scored those two I'd be saying the same about him.

Im regretting having bought a ticket for this £28 quid, I should have learned my lesson after the last time we went there.

Hopefully McCall has a plan for this week, hes not to blame of course, but these players need to give themselves a fucking shake and hopefully hes the man to give it to them.

However, im not confident of a win, even though a win is absolutely crucial.

.............and then you wake up!!!!

Hearts have shown over the years against Hibs that if you play at a high tempo with pace and movement that Hibs are easily beatable. We need to try and emulate the way Hearts play. Issue is we don't have the same quality of players but if we drop the under performers and bring in youth and pace to the team we have a chance - if Hibs have an off day. Not confident of a result though. May be damage limitation job :-(

I was being sarcastic.

I have no hope or faith in our useless team of wasters.

I usually predict we will struggle and we do so maybe it will work in reverse this time