The Strangest Ever Rangers Signings.

Mr RFC

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye very true, redeemed 3 years of shite with one swing of that right peg

i can still picture rab douglas lying on the ground watching the ball roll out the net thinking " i canny believe bert fucking konterman just done that" :lol:

Haha I don't think anybody could mate, old Archies commentary on it summed it up..just sheer disbelievement!

Charlie Tully and Paddy Crerand.

An Old Firm select played Inverness

"SFA regulations of the time required all competing players to be signed to a single member club, so the five Celts selected for the occasion signed for Rangers and re-joined Celtic the following day. (One may ponder 'what if...'had Rangers refused to cancel the contracts thereafter!) Officially speaking, it was a Caley-Rangers friendly, albeit with a radically altered visitors lineup!

The Rangers/Celtic XI, who played in a Rangers strip of white shirts with blue/red hoops and white shorts, was as follows: Beattie (Celtic); King (Rangers), Kennedy (Celtic); Crerand (Celtic), Paterson, Millar (both Rangers); Tully (Celtic), Baird (Rangers), Conway (Celtic), Queen, Hubbard (both Rangers).2

Very interesting. Never knew that . Thanks.