The Strangest Ever Rangers Signings.

Mr RFC

Rangers hating junkie Ian Black.

Knowing you this post is probably serious.

I hate Black as much as the next guy. The way McCoist persued his signature was bizarre. The guy has never been a good footballer yet we chased after him like it was Ronaldo. Fucking riddy!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frederico Nieto, Tero Penttila, Dariusz Adamczuk, Daniel Prodan, Bojan Djordjic, Bajram Fetai for strange as in they rarely, if ever played though looked or had a decent reputation.

Jose Karl Pierre-Fanfan - thought he'd destroy opposition strikers but never remember him getting a decent chance.

Fabrice Fernandes and Aaron Niguez are other blasts from the past I quite liked who are quite forgotten. Wouldn't class as strange though.

Found Prso bizzare in a good way at the time , can remember everyone in school talking about him a few months beforehand when he scored that hatrick in the champions league , then we signed him a few months after he appeared in a champions league final, he could have probably walked into any decent premiership team if he wanted

One of the strangest signings for me is Simonsen. He was mince after we first signed him and we let his contract expire then McCoist signed him on again???

We had Gallacher sitting there on probably a fraction of his wages. Another McCoist managerial cock-up.

Michael Ball. The former Everton left back, not the fat singer. Strange because although the guy was a seasoned pro in the top flight in England and had been capped for England (I think), there were clauses and trigger payments in his contract with us that saw him side-lined for months. Rangers would be liable to pay Everton half a million after a certain number of games. Rangers were rationing his appearances, picking and choosing the games as the trigger number drew nearer. Farcical, and the type of situation that wouldn't have looked strange in the last couple of years, but at that time (early 2000's) we were spending big. With hindsight, maybe an early sign of things to come ...

Found Prso bizzare in a good way at the time , can remember everyone in school talking about him a few months beforehand when he scored that hatrick in the champions league , then we signed him a few months after he appeared in a champions league final, he could have probably walked into any decent premiership team if he wanted

Prso and boumsong played against each other in the world cup the summer of joining us, i had visions of them ending each others careers in a freak accident knowing our luck lol