The Strangest Ever Rangers Signings.

Mr RFC

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant remember his name. Guy walter got from hearts for a million hardly played him then loaned him to aberdeen in exchange for ricky foster the first time

Velicka scored some important goals for us towards the end of one of our title winning seasons though. Would love to have a striker like him at the moment.

Velicka scored some important goals for us towards the end of one of our title winning seasons though. Would love to have a striker like him at the moment.

I was thinking that, think it was Walters first championship season after returning when he banged in a few crucial goals towards the end of the season.

Michael Ball. The former Everton left back, not the fat singer. Strange because although the guy was a seasoned pro in the top flight in England and had been capped for England (I think), there were clauses and trigger payments in his contract with us that saw him side-lined for months. Rangers would be liable to pay Everton half a million after a certain number of games. Rangers were rationing his appearances, picking and choosing the games as the trigger number drew nearer. Farcical, and the type of situation that wouldn't have looked strange in the last couple of years, but at that time (early 2000's) we were spending big. With hindsight, maybe an early sign of things to come ...

A mind he was fucked and his leg was like a baloon

I was thinking that, think it was Walters first championship season after returning when he banged in a few crucial goals towards the end of the season.

Scored v falkirk 1st day of the season just as Walter went to sub him, mind a peach at Easter Road at the end of that season too.

Did he not still socre about 20 goals a season?

Our very own Fernando Torres

29 goals in 59 games according to the Internet. I always remember him a a good player but just not good enough for the 12m we paid for him.

29 goals in 59 games according to the Internet. I always remember him a a good player but just not good enough for the 12m we paid for him.

He was a good finisher but was meh at everything else, like a Crouch type.

One of our worst deals under Dick.

I watched the Premier League years (1997-2000) on Sky and he looked like a brilliant finisher for Chelsea. Scored against Barcelona as well.

£12m sounded a fair enough fee at the time IMO

Allan Johnston and Paul Ritchie. Signed by Advocaat then discarded almost instantly. Also Andy "Sicknote" Webster. A signing so drawn out he got a clause named after him, then he played twice in four years.

Webster would walk his dog around the loch where I live. I spoke to him a couple of times asking when he was back from injury and making small talk etc and he was miserable as fuck. Heard that his head wasn't in the right place when he was with us.

I know they never actually signed but the two Indian chaps :lol:

:lol: oh aye, I mind them, couldn't tell you their names now, but there was some guy that signed up here I'm sure claiming he was Indian and if we signed them, that they'd add x amount of a million subscribers to RTV from India :lol: