460 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll get promoted?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think we will, but not overly confident.

Few of reasons;

1. We're the best squad in the play-offs. Even when we lost at home 0-2 to Hibs under McDowell i thought we were the better team, we played them off the pitch, missed some good chances and Hibs came away with a 2-shot/2-goal smash and grab. Our teams a total midden but it's better than Hibernian's, and certainly better than whatever garbage is finishing 2nd bottom of the SPL or whatever it's called.

2. We have big game players. The so called big game players (Miller, Wallace, Boyd, Jig) have been garbage all season but we have a proven manager at the helm now, and their experience just shines through on the big occasion. Knowing how to handle the pressure is something only experience can teach you.

3. All the games are over 2 legs which means we'll have the advantage of what i'm sure will be a packed-out and very loud Ibrox.

Let's just put it this way, whoever we come up against in our 2 ties (provided we finish 2nd), we're going to be big favourites against over 2 legs to progress.

England's play-offs don't involved a team from the Division above, although playing someone like Motherwell really shouldn't be that different from playing Hibs you'd think

Blame the SPFL/SFA for that. The Play-offs structure was fixed when the SPL and SFL amalgamated so that there was a bias towards the Premiership with only 1 automatic relegation with the 11th placed Premiership team only having to play the final/. But as we saw from last season's Play-offs .the momentum was with Hamilton while Hibs were on a downward spiral.

It might prove a little different this season as both Ross County and Motherwell are on a rosy patch. But I truly believe that we will have the better of either of these teams if we reach the Platy-off final.

Blame the SPFL/SFA for that. The Play-offs structure was fixed when the SPL and SFL amalgamated so that there was a bias towards the Premiership with only 1 automatic relegation with the 11th placed Premiership team only having to play the final/. But as we saw from last season's Play-offs .the momentum was with Hamilton while Hibs were on a downward spiral.

It might prove a little different this season as both Ross County and Motherwell are on a rosy patch. But I truly believe that we will have the better of either of these teams if we reach the Platy-off final.

I don't think it's that bad a system, the bottom of the top league likely doesn't have that much of a gap with the top of the second tier.

It shouldn't be a disadvantage for us anyway, our resources should be more than capable of beating Ross County, Motherwell or St Mirren

Yesterdays shown us that it is possible. We'll have to beat Hibs over 2 legs, then a premier league club.

Its not impossible, and we definetely have the players to do so. But for a team that looks unable to string 2 wins together, it'll be no mean feat.

Lets just hope yesterday was a turning point.

Hibs' bottle will crash if they are knocked out of the Cup in the SF but especially if they are humiliated in the final by their cousins. My worry is Falkirk who have an easier next 5 games and I can see them beating Hibs in the Cup.

A win (of any sort) against Cowdenbeath and a good performance at Ibrox against Hearts and we are on our way. I am so much more confident after yesterday's result.

I still think it is too late, we might have built some confidence from that win, but we've also ratcheted up the expectations on this team of light weight bottlers and left it very late.

We'll be in the play offs, I just don't have confidence in the players not to bottle it, or throw it because they are out of contract.

not strictly true, the system for the Play-Off's was only agreed upon by the then SPL clubs because they play 2 more league games than the Championship, they're of the belief that the majority of the time the club in 2nd place will eventually move onto the Play-Off Final, if thats the case then they'd play the same amount of games as 2nd bottom of the Premiership (38)

Remember, the then SPL clubs weren't obliged to give the OK to the Play-Offs, it was 100% the right thing to do for our game but they weren't obliged so I don't feel overly annoyed that they choose a format that would likely benefit the Premiership club - last year proved its all about form going into it though.

Most important part is they proved to themselves they can do it. We need them.to now kick on

It's crucial they take this new found desire into the cowdenbeath game. A 3 or 4 goal victory would be perfect.

At the beginning of the season I was confident. Then we got beat with farts and I thought, hell with this.

Then Ally left and I thought, hey up, maybe things will look up again 'til they appointed McDowell in charge of the team.

Then McCall took over, and I thought if he mages the team like a bull terrier as he did when playing, then there's hope.

I took hope even in the the 2-2 draw with Alloa. But yesterday convinced me when he dropped the likes od Boyd and daly

that the sun was going to shine on Lieth for us.

I firmly believe we will get promoted now. Pity it was not by winning the league.

90% sure

I think the players will be bursting to get into the team now. Seeing Miller's delight and jumping into the crowd and Wallace letting everybody know the score was magic.

Even Law and Shiels put a tackle in here and there. Walsh, Templeton, even Aird can also provide some width and pace going into last games. Vuckic a class above most of the player's in this division as well. Cammy Bell will also be getting sharper - looked the part on Sunday. With good crowd's at Ibrox it is well doable.

I believe we will make the playoffs, in either 2nd or 3rd.

My worry is we can finish the season as confidently as we like but in a two legged playoff tie there's going to be tension in the games, very little margins can make the difference in our season. One bad refereeing mistake, one moment of stupidity or one bad day at the office can spell another season in the Championship.

Beaten Hibs over two legs doesn't automatically gain promotion, really don't want that attitude getting across to the players. We have 6/4 games come the playoffs were we need to be are our best or it's over for us.

The worry for me is SMcC is fighting a tide of apathy from some players and as time marches on and they truly realise that they are not going to be Rangers next season they will take the huff and down tools, plus I think some of our big names are bottlers.