Do You Think We'll Get Promoted?

460 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll get promoted?

I want out of this league; if we don't get promoted next season would be very long. I really miss European nights at Ibrox as well, and the sooner we get them back the better. This club is meant to play at the very top, and everyone involved in it should be restless for it to get there as soon as possible.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly thought people were dreaming saying that we would go up when McCall took over, even though i was impressed right from the off. I thought too much damage had been done. But now after 5 games i think we will.

I think Rangers look set to go up but we can't take anything for granted at this stage.

We were mince a few weeks ago and we're pretty good now. We could go bad again...

But I don't think we will. I fancy our chances of winning the playoffs, while before the Hibs game, I would have been scared to play them never mind the Premiership team, especially if it was Motherwell.

Even after beating Hibs, smashing Cowdenbeath and beating Hearts, we have to keep that consistancy as we could go into the playoff semi assuming we finish second and get duffed by a Queen of the South team that pulled of a shock win over Hibs and lose 4-0 in the first leg and we're stuffed, Not likely but playoffs are mental.

I've watched years of playoffs from around the world and I've seen red hot favourites being squashed and total underdogs that scraped in and won promotion, especially down in England. Last year, there wasn't a chance in hell that Hibs would get relegated after beating Hamilton Accies 2-0 away. Hibs got stuffed at home and lost on penalties. The same thing could happen to us. I'd rather play St Mirren or Ross County. I'm not frightened of Motherwell but I think they have some stronger individuals compared to the other two so I hope to get Saints or County if we reach the final. I'd expect to beat any of the three but we have to be careful as we have had so many problems this problem and we could still run into problems even though McCall has the team morale and tactics far better sorted out that the relatively naive McCoist and McDowell managed.

So, I'd say we're 80% likely to go up but ANYTHING could happen.

The McCoist-McDowell Junior level punt the ball at the big guy tactics weren't good against teams with pace and a reasonable level of ability.

McCall has got the ball going up the wings at pace. I wasn't happy when he took Vukcic off at half time today and moved everything back.

Sure, we were down to ten men but it encouraged Hearts to come at us, when maintaining more of a threat on the break would have kept them further back. We held on but playing the whole second half in defensive mode was a bit dangerous in my opinion.

we have witnessed more improvement more since McCall took over than we did in three seasons under Alan Titmarsh. Always my biggest issue with mccostalot he was never building only interested in scraping wins. guess he was on win bonuses as well.

Mccall has changed our style of play, players look to have more self belief, we finally play using the width of the park and Haris has been inspiring, not forgetting the role of the wee quiet man Andy Murdoch who for me has been outstanding. he is vocal and works his socjs off, thankfully SMc has spotted his talent.

So yes if we keep winning and keep improving we can win promotion.

I honestly think it's now starting to click under McCall and we're just going to get better and better. Don't be surprised if we give a team an absolute tanking in the next few weeks. But when that happens, McCall needs to warn them about complacency.

I think we're favourites certainly but play offs are as close to a football lottery as you get, providing we get 2nd I don't think we can afford any mistakes against Hibs or Motherwell who are our most likely opponents. After all the positivity since McCall's come in it would be pretty depressing to still miss out. Really hoping Falkirk can knock Hibs out though, I know they'd be tricky aswell but there is no doubt who I'd rather face.

Momentum is key. Hibs falling apart and Stubbs rumoured to be a target for Wigan. Need the 11th place team to be dropping points and dropping heads.

We need to claim 2nd place as convincingly as possible, get the fear factor back just in time for the play offs.

imhonestly thought this was too big a task for mccall but he's well on the way to proving me wrong and showing that it was the previous "coaching" staff that caused these players to regress. Had mccall and black been in at the turn of the year we may well have been battling it out still for the title.

Momentum is key. Hibs falling apart and Stubbs rumoured to be a target for Wigan. Need the 11th place team to be dropping points and dropping heads.

We need to claim 2nd place as convincingly as possible, get the fear factor back just in time for the play offs.

imhonestly thought this was too big a task for mccall but he's well on the way to proving me wrong and showing that it was the previous "coaching" staff that caused these players to regress. Had mccall and black been in at the turn of the year we may well have been battling it out still for the title.

When the arabs with a young side humped us in the cup, the noticeable difference between the sides was self belief and confidence. We were 100% lacking in both areas.

Mccall has restored our confidence and belief so yes if we remain focussed promotion is there for the taking.

Motherwell and Ross County are going strong now. They're playing like top 6 clubs, but then again outside of Celtic and Aberdeen, I don't see much of a gap between the rest.

Ross County's wins have been mainly single goal margins, Motherwell are more inconsistent. If we meet them, a 2 or 3 goal margin at Ibrox should be enough.

There is probably a decent chance that the premier league team that end up in the play offs will drop into 11th through poor form which would make them very beatable. Motherwell look like they will get a lot of points in the next few games, so do Ross County, Kilmarnock or Partick wouldn't shock me at all as our opponents.