Vuckic...

gogzy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched him when he came on yesterday and he made a great difference.The guy has football about him but whether he would like to stay or whether we can afford for him to stay is a different matter.Very good player just wish we had a few more like him but maybe we have already sitting waiting their time at Murray Park lets hope so.

Big strides rather than rapid across the ground from what I remember. You can see why slider made the comparison imo.

Definitely, it's quite difficult finding any decent video on him, but found this;

You can see he's clearly a level above vuckic just now, but he's still young. Same kinda clumbsy looking player but not clumbsy at all if you know what I mean.

How much would he cost? £2m?

I'm thinking the lowest estimate would be around 1m, would have to see him against better opposition to see if he was worth 2m or not. Who knows if MA is interested in helping or hindering us, that could well play a big part in if we can get him or not.

I reckon one million may well be on the low side

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/what-happened-newcastle-uniteds-haris-7974315

Newcastle fought off bids from Real Madrid and AC Milan for his signature.

Yeah agreed, he's seen as one of the best young talents in Europe. It's why I was so excited about us initially getting him on loan and couldn't understand folk hating on him. Well I could, but that's another issue.

If he is not in Newcastle United plans for a first team place then is it not better for him to be playing at Rangers instead of reserve football down there as it would be beneficial to Ashley in regards to him being in the media limelight so to speak if he was ever to move him on.

I would say you're living in dreamland thinking he is worth 500'000, he's seen as one of europes brightest young talents, newcastle might just see him as not experienced enough yet and want him to get as much experience as possible. I think you're looking at closer to 1m. McCall himself: "He reminds me so much of big Alexei Mikhailichenko, who I used to play with." you don't say that about a lower league youngster that's worth 500'000.

No, he was seen as one of Europe's brightest talents back in 2010/11. Since then he hasn't done anything in the game, if he was still seen in that way he would have been elsewhere on loan either in England or Europe. As for McCall's statement it was a tad over the top as Mikhailichenko was playing at the top end of the Scottish leagues and in Europe, having had a good career in England. He may as Getstiffed posted have meant in style, but realistically these players are worlds apart. He's got about a year left on his contract at NU so we should offer £500,000 tops, if they say no we should look elsewhere. Who knows in a years time we might get him for free on a Bosman.

Big strides rather than rapid across the ground from what I remember. You can see why slider made the comparison imo.

This. It's a reasonable comparison for me. You can definitely see some similarities.

No, he was seen as one of Europe's brightest talents back in 2010/11. Since then he hasn't done anything in the game, if he was still seen in that way he would have been elsewhere on loan either in England or Europe. As for McCall's statement it was a tad over the top as Mikhailichenko was playing at the top end of the Scottish leagues and in Europe, having had a good career in England. He may as Getstiffed posted have meant in style, but realistically these players are worlds apart. He's got about a year left on his contract at NU so we should offer £500,000 tops, if they say no we should look elsewhere. Who knows in a years time we might get him for free on a Bosman.

I was saying that to a guy in pm, if Vuckic really wants to be here he could end up getting his loan extended and then when his contract runs out he'll be able to join us for free. It's really simple though, we valued lewis macloed at higher than 1m, and were shocked he was sold for so little. Vuckic is on the same level or higher than LM and he's got better rep than LM. I mean LM has only shown he's got something in lower league football as well. Frankly I wouldn't offer anything for Vuckic, we are in no position to do so. We are still surviving on loans. However, his true worth like I said is around 1m at least - remember this doesn't mean this is how much I think we should buy him for.

Definitely, it's quite difficult finding any decent video on him, but found this;

You can see he's clearly a level above vuckic just now, but he's still young. Same kinda clumbsy looking player but not clumbsy at all if you know what I mean.

Definitely.

Aye, he's no quite a Miko yet, is he.

He's still young, mind.

That wee vid looks interesting. Shame there's no translation!

Loved big Miko as a player, great passer and technically gifted as were most soviet era players,didnt really get a look in once we signed :praise: Laudrup.

If I remember correctly he finished his career with us having signed from serie a, with Kiev before that, he never played in England.

If you consider he was just getting fit when we signed him he may well be worth a punt on loan for another season at least.

I'd take him in a heartbeat whatever way we can get him. The Board would gain a bit of favour from the fans if they could make it happen.

He is a great player - just can't see us getting him though unless we give MA something he wants in return

A more successful Rangers should lead to more interest re advertising ( SD benefit ) and increased sales of merchandise ( SD benefit ) .

Win , win for all .

Ideally we could get him on loan again and then get him as a bosman once his contract with NU has run out. Seems to be enjoying himself here despite everything that has and is currently going on. IMO he's the player that can lead us up through the playoffs.

Vuckic:“The new management have come in with a new enthusiasm and everyone is on the training ground wanting to prove themselves to him.

“The manager knows what he is talking about and we are following his game plans and are winning games which is the most important thing."

Insinuating the last management team didn't know what they were talking about? :P

I like the guy, good player, seems to be enjoying himself too.

I feel he lacks the pace to succeed in England or in any of the top leagues, he hasn't had a preseason tbf to him, but his style and ability wouldn't look out of place in the top divisions around Europe, the question mark is on his pace for me, but is more than quick enough for up here. If we can get him for around a mil, I think we've picked up a bargain.