James Mcclean

as I said ,you appear to be in the wrong forum if you are defending cunts like McClean. He made his choice to live and work here but detests everything we stand for but is still crying about getting abused 2 years down the line. Going by your post then anyone who does not think like you is thick and can't think for themselves, how fucking arrogant can you get . Even your use of the term "son" shows what a total egotistic prick you are. Get your act together,man-up and get on to some republican site where you belong

keep-calm-and-play-second-fiddle.png

Many people don't agree with your opinion of his opinion. So why don't you get over that and stop trying to bully people who wish to express their own perfectly valid opinion?

I know, this could go on forever so if you stop trolling I'll stop fishing.

I agree that we all have differing opinions... and that we should be allowed to express them. Even on here.

So being a Rangers fan doesn't automatically mean being someone who slavishly supports without question the UK armed forces involvement in some of the most one-sided military invasions of all time while being at the USA's heel ... Nor does being a Rangers fan automatically mean being uber-offended by someone who has a different opinion on wearing a poppy.

We have become as bad as the hooped hordes with all this stuff in the past few years... And the unspoken truth and the reason in it for many people is because it winds them up and / or gives them a chance to show their tribal hatred of the other side (waving Israel flags, anyone?); the other side who they have undoubtedly pined for like a long-lost lover.

People on both sides have subscribed to whataboutery and tit-for-tat so much that there are now people being jailed for four months for singing songs. So, I hope all the finger-pointing and mock-offended posturing was worth it.

It's a case of the working classes self-flagellating... And both cheeks of the same arse in the West of Scotland are scarred with multiple lashes.

I agree that we all have differing opinions... and that we should be allowed to express them. Even on here.

This is good, we can have a debate, then.

So being a Rangers fan doesn't automatically mean being someone who slavishly supports without question the UK armed forces involvement in some of the most one-sided military invasions of all time while being at the USA's heel ... Nor does being a Rangers fan automatically mean being uber-offended by someone who has a different opinion on wearing a poppy.

By using the word 'automatically' you are weakening your argument in that you are denying me my right to hold an opinion in support of the Armed Forces, if that is how I see it. You are generalizing rather than accepting an individual opinion. Further, you will agree no doubt, that the Armed Forces act upon instructions from Her Majesty and her government, which should preclude any guilt any person should feel in supporting those of the Armed Forces who have given the supreme sacrifice.

Rather than assume that the U.K. was under the heel of the U.S.A I would suggest than the U.K. fought hard to be included in these wars so that it could sit at the top table of the G7 and gain access to the oil and riches of contracts issued to re-build the countries the coalition had devastated.

I am a Rangers' fan and I am not uber-offended by McLean's different viewpoint to the Poppy question. In fact I rather pity him. He has tried to make a political argument for his stance and yet he lives and works in a country where he takes the Queen's coin for his efforts. A foreigner protected by the very Armed Forces he purports to disdain. As Rabbie might say - "... bought and sold for English gold."

We have become as bad as the hooped hordes with all this stuff in the past few years... And the unspoken truth and the reason in it for many people is because it winds them up and / or gives them a chance to show their tribal hatred of the other side (waving Israel flags, anyone?); the other side who they have undoubtedly pined for like a long-lost lover.

I have to once again disagree with you here as I hold the view that we shall never, in your lifetime, ever approach being as bad as the culture that supports the hooped hordes.

People on both sides have subscribed to whataboutery and tit-for-tat so much that there are now people being jailed for four months for singing songs. So, I hope all the finger-pointing and mock-offended posturing was worth it.

On these points I am inclined to agree with you, but we all are paying dearly for such childish games - re the OBA.

It's a case of the working classes self-flagellating... And both cheeks of the same arse in the West of Scotland are scarred with multiple lashes.

In the past I may have agreed with you here again, but I feel that the poisonous treatment levelled at Rangers and its fans pre- and post-administration by the dark side has changed the rules somewhat. This is no longer football banter, but a severe clash of cultures. Something I would suggest that is much more sinister and where positions become much more entrenched.

I agree with folk saying he's entitled to not wear a poppy. Although I wouldn't want him wearing a poppy anyway.

Shows the bitternessnof the horrible wee man when he's happy to wear badges in remembrance of the IRA though:

2llc03c.jpg

More poppy fascism. The guy is quite within his rights. Get over it and stop digging for stuff to be offended about.

He has repeatedly said he has respect for those who fought the two world wars but that's where it ends.

It's a perfectly valid opinion. It's an opinion held by many folk who know what's going on in the modern world... And an increasingly popular opinion held by free-thinking, non-brainwashed people who aren't cowed by guilt and misinformation and refuse to be spoon-fed their politics, news and culture from the one-eyed-nanny.

Fascism? Fuck off ya roaster. If you think football fans being critical of a hypocrite that wants the protection of the British Army but can't wear a symbol of rememberence equates to "fasicm" then you need to pick up a history book ya fuckin walloper.

I suggest he (and a number of people in this thread) watch a documentary on bbc iplayer called Ireland's War. Nationalist and Loyalist regiments both fought and died in WW1 and the poppy was worn by both sides for a good while.

But Ireland was part of the UK then. They soon changed their attitude. It was only three years ago that the Irish government pardoned 5,000 Irishmen who fought for the British Army. These poor guys were prevented from working in government jobs and receiving State Pensions. They and their families had to suffer discrimation for the best part of 70 years.

But Ireland was part of the UK then. They soon changed their attitude. It was only three years ago that the Irish government pardoned 5,000 Irishmen who fought for the British Army. These poor guys were prevented from working in government jobs and receiving State Pensions. They and their families had to suffer discrimation for the best part of 70 years.

The documentary I mentioned earlier in the thread shows a cross made by an English regiment and given to the Irish regiments as a memorial and poppy wreaths laid beside that are kept behind closed doors in Dublin.

More poppy fascism. The guy is quite within his rights. Get over it and stop digging for stuff to be offended about.

He has repeatedly said he has respect for those who fought the two world wars but that's where it ends.

It's a perfectly valid opinion. It's an opinion held by many folk who know what's going on in the modern world... And an increasingly popular opinion held by free-thinking, non-brainwashed people who aren't cowed by guilt and misinformation and refuse to be spoon-fed their politics, news and culture from the one-eyed-nanny.

Poppy facism?!?

McClean is a bitter Republican who has on more than one occasion shown his support for the IRA. The badge

he is shown wearing in a previous pic is what supporters of violent Republicanism wear in memory of dead

IRA terrorists, people who killed thousands of British soldiers and citizens.

The people who are commemorated by the poppy did not die so that McClean's friends could murder future

generations of British service people, and wear badges to support it!

Mclean is a sectarian scumbag who has went out of his way to cause hostile reaction on numerous occasions. The fact that he has overtly and blatantly worn a republican badge on his employers tracksuit on the back of his stance on the poppy is overwhelming proof of that.

On a personal level he thinks he is a hardman and carries that hardened republican sewer rat attitude into his ( professional ) life, this is why people have an issue with him.

I suggest he (and a number of people in this thread) watch a documentary on bbc iplayer called Ireland's War. Nationalist and Loyalist regiments both fought and died in WW1 and the poppy was worn by both sides for a good while.

I suggest they also do some research on how the cunt's adopted country treated the brave Irishmen who enlisted in the British forces to fight Hitler and fascism.

They were treated worse than dogs, denied any sort of employment and left to rot simply because they fought on the same side as the Brits.

oops. Never saw that before I posted.

Just shows some are already aware the their appalling behaviour.