Please Don't Call It The Celtic End

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would quite happily agree that we give up tickets to their midden on the grounds their support never enters Ibrox again. Not many worse sights than them filling the broomie.

Fuck sake behave yourself, Football is all about rivalry, like it or not the reason both clubs have become so huge is because they've bounced off each other, the atmoaphere at Old Firm games is electric, the quality on the park has deteriorated over the years due to the lack of investment in Scottish Football, the fans keep this fixture alive, if we were suddenly not allowed to go to the Piggery and vice versa with them and Ibrox then you marginalise this fixture even more, through time the Home fans would become rather tame in providing an Atmosphere as there would be no-one to bounce off of.

I often think people say stuff like this for effect to prove just what a good Ranger they are, I don't get it at all

Fuck Celtic and all who support it but less of this you stay in yours and we'll stay in ours pish its so childish

Fuck sake behave yourself, Football is all about rivalry, like it or not the reason both clubs have become so huge is because they've bounced off each other, the atmoaphere at Old Firm games is electric, the quality on the park has deteriorated over the years due to the lack of investment in Scottish Football, the fans keep this fixture alive, if we were suddenly not allowed to go to the Piggery and vice versa with them and Ibrox then you marginalise this fixture even more, through time the Home fans would become rather tame in providing an Atmosphere as there would be no-one to bounce off of.

I often think people say stuff like this for effect to prove just what a good Ranger they are, I don't get it at all

Fuck Celtic and all who support it but less of this you stay in yours and we'll stay in ours pish its so childish

I hate seeing them in our ground and could happily live without it. I have like many others (you included I would assume) have witnessed them come into our ground and mock a mark of respect for legends of our club, mock the Ibrox disaster and continuously glorify terrorism - they have merited a ban many times over. The last few years have been painful in many ways but I personally have not missed them visiting our ground. You might have a different opinion and that is fair enough however I have nothing to prove to anyone or any desire to do so. You behave yourself.

I hate seeing them in our ground and could happily live without it. I have like many others (you included I would assume) have witnessed them come into our ground and mock a mark of respect for legends of our club, mock the Ibrox disaster and continuously glorify terrorism - they have merited a ban many times over. The last few years have been painful in many ways but I personally have not missed them visiting our ground. You might have a different opinion and that is fair enough however I have nothing to prove to anyone or any desire to do so. You behave yourself.

You do realise there's people at the top with attitudes similar to yours and that's why you can't sing shit at a match these days.

They mock our dead, we mock theirs, they smash our seats, we smash theirs.

When we banned them a few years ago it was because the damage they caused went way beyond what it normally was and celt*c refused to pay for it.

Normally the clubs just repaired the seats themselves as the damage at both grounds from the away fans was pretty much the same.

I was at that match and the atmosphere was shit tbh.

i would quite happily agree that we give up tickets to their midden on the grounds their support never enters Ibrox again. Not many worse sights than them filling the broomie.

Not many better feelings than fucking them at their own ground either. The game needs the away support, it's the only thing that makes it the spectacle it is.

You do realise there's people at the top with attitudes similar to yours and that's why you can't sing shit at a match these days.

They mock our dead, we mock theirs, they smash our seats, we smash theirs.

When we banned them a few years ago it was because the damage they caused went way beyond what it normally was and celt*c refused to pay for it.

Normally the clubs just repaired the seats themselves as the damage at both grounds from the away fans was pretty much the same.

I was at that match and the atmosphere was shit tbh.

Mate the only attitude I have is that I have not missed them or their particular brand of craic at Ibrox. I am not a member of the PC or mock offended brigade neither however do I agree that we have a tit for tat with them on mocking dead. There is a difference between singing the Billy Boys and ridiculing marks of respect.

Point taken on the match day atmosphere.

Mate the only attitude I have is that I have not missed them or their particular brand of craic at Ibrox. I am not a member of the PC or mock offended brigade neither however do I agree that we have a tit for tat with them on mocking dead. There is a difference between singing the Billy Boys and ridiculing marks of respect.

Point taken on the match day atmosphere.

Aye I'm not talking about them ruining a minute's silence, that certainly isn't rivalry, I still wouldn't ban them though as it does kill the atmophere.

Cunts in this country have ruined their biggest spectacle, folk from around the world wanted to watch because they thought it would kick off in the stands or on the park.

Now because those nonces moaned about the famine song you're likely to get lifted for farting in a sectarian manner.

Both sets of fans should take the fixture back, sing what we want, we did during the semi-final, they just forgot they were supposed to take part!

See if they have the balls to close both grounds and ruin their cashcow.

For us who have been going to Ibrox since the early 70s it was called the celtic end. Since it was rebuilt its been called the Broomloan and called the celtic end if you want to wind up people who sit there.

It doesn't matter what you call the Broomloan end apparently, because Ronnie D. doesn't think we're good enough ...

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/04/04/we-need-the-best-teams-in-the-scottish-premiership-rangers-arent-among-that-celtic-boss-ronny-deila/

deila-sutton.jpg?resize=676%2C380

“We Need The Best Teams In The Scottish Premiership, Rangers Aren’t Among That” – Celtic Boss Ronny Deila

April 4th, 2015 Scott MacArthur celtic, Football 0 Comments

Celtic boss Ronny Deila has taken the ultimate dig at rivals Rangers as he branded them not good enough for the Scottish Premiership.

Deila, who is on course to making history by being only the third manager in the club’s history to win a treble, took the swipe in an interview with BT Sport pundit and former Hoops striker Chris Sutton.

Sutton was the Norwegian’s biggest critic at the start of the season when results weren’t going to plan, however, with one trophy already in the bag and another two in close grip, Sutton and Deila seemed to have buried the hatchet – and sealed the deal by carrying out a one on one interview.

And, of course, Sutton couldn’t go through the questioning without mentioning Old Firm rivals rangers.

The UEFA Cup runner up asked the current boss if he wished to see Rangers back in the top flight next season. And Deila responded by saying he doesn’t believe the current team at Ibrox is good enough.

Once the broomland was built it was known as the broomland stand, just like once the Govan was built Ibrox park was referred to Ibrox Stadium, Unlike you I actually attended games when these stands were being built but was about 10 when the copland opened and remember older bears sitting with plastic pints of beer the bought at the ground.

As a bear brought up in the east end please refrain from insulting our great stadium which allowed me to sit as a child in safety behind the goal the 2nd in Britian and the other was benches at Pottodrie, so really no contest.

The great stadium you see today is a memorial to our fans who died and apart from attendance, It is up their with any stadium as we are so close to the park, another tier on the govan fill the corners in properly and move screens to copland and broomland stands and we could have anywhere between 58,000 and 65,000 while keeping the soul of the stadium.

That is how we improve on the great stadium we have in the future once we are back on our feet as we need to match the beasts in attendances for revenue but still keep the superior stadium only making it even better.

I remember standing in the Copland rd end lol. Also went in my dad's lorry delivering the bricks that built the Copland stand, when I was a wee bear lol. Mind being at games when the stands were getting built. I mind when a dog got through from the stand being built & the game had to be stopped until they got the dog out.

It was always known as the C****c End. And Ibrox was never known officially as Ibrox Park. I remember looking up a telephone directory in the 60's and it was listed as : The Stadium, Edmiston Drive.

Did it not say Ibrox Park on the grass outside the ground in the 60s? Im sure ive seen pics of it

Did it not say Ibrox Park on the grass outside the ground in the 60s? Im sure ive seen pics of it

It sure did. It was known as Ibrox Park, Ibrox Park Stadium, and Ibrox Stadium.

wikipedia says it was Ibrox Park until 1997 then the park was dropped and Stadium added.

It's Ibrox for me ............ :-)

500px-OldIbrox.jpg