Missing A Leader

What absolute dross,absolutely nofight in that team,we massively miss a Barry ferg type captain in there,to shout and bawl at these imposters,half hearted tackles all over the pitch.lee Wallace was shocking tonight,never in a million years a captain.disgrace

We havent had a proper captain since Barry Ferguson who was rangers

a real bluenose and played if it meant something to him

But that was in the past if I could look at today Darren Mc Gregor

he is the only real canditate in that sentence shows where we are

he does his job well -but it isnt his role .

If mc cullough leaves who else - would you want to push the team

forward as a captain should .

Lets be honest -the captains armband isnt our problem - just a part

The players for some reason gave it 100 % versus hearts on sunday .

They didnt give 50% tonight effort and played on a surface that is just like them artificial.

What absolute dross,absolutely nofight in that team,we massively miss a Barry ferg type captain in there,to shout and bawl at these imposters,half hearted tackles all over the pitch.lee Wallace was shocking tonight,never in a million years a captain.disgrace

I much, much rather have a Greig or Gough, real captains.

I was watching a thing on RTV the other day, about the ECWC team of 72. What became very apparent from the interviews is that the team was full of leaders. There was Derek Johnstone saying how at 18 he was given the nod, and was excited; didn't think he was too young or anything. Dave Smith kept him right and was man of the match; Colin Jackson injured himself in training but was still contributing in the run to the final, and spoke eloquently about that whole cup run. Colin Stein was another leader; a strong character who scored one of the goals in the Final. All these guys were leaders in their own way, and they were lead by John Grieg, and the management. It's a team of leaders that makes a side successful; and that team of 72 had true character. John Grieg even missed a match in the Cup run, I think, but that team still coped. This team that we have doesn't have many, but has the odd player here and there who is capable of leading his own responsibilities on the park, and speaking to others. Good teams probably have about 8 or 9 leaders. If we are looking for one leader then we miss the point.

cannot believe people who actually think Barry Ferguson was a good captain. One of the most uninspiring captains I have seen in fifty years of watching Rangers.

Plus can we drop all this Rangers man shite.

Just read Turnberry's post which is 100% spot on. In a good team everyone can step up and lead, motivate. Wee Murdoch, just new to the team, is a good example. Sadly at the moment we have less than a handful of players who actually demonstrate any passion.

You can count Wallace out as a future captain. His worst performance in a Rangers jersey last night.

In fact, I'd drop him for our next match.

He made Jig look like Moses. Didn't lead by example and showed no leadership qualities whatsoever. Worst player on the pitch by a distance.

A true leader is someone who puts the team before themselves; leaders take responsibility. I think Stuart McCall is cultivating that kind of attitude in the team. Okay, we lost last night, but we know this team is capable of better, because we saw it in the previous match. We have players in the squad who will be hurting at that result last night, and hopefully they put it right for the next match.

So you start a negative thread then go .

Gut instinct , you are a fucking Bheast FC nonce . Want to respond ya fucking cunt ?