2015/16 Home Kit Revealed

WATBB

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point boycotting the shirts to be honest.

Rangers Retail have set a target number of shirts that MUST be sold. If that target isn't met, Rangers must pay full price (£51 a shirt) for all unsold merchandise. A mechanism put in place to ensure Mike Ashley isn't left red faced and saddled with a big bill.

Jesús Fück.

Couldn't give a fuck what it looks like tbh. I buy the Rangers top because it's the Rangers top and I wouldn't be without one. Wouldn't withhold the money from Rangers because of how it looks.

Hoooooowever, I would like to know for sure where my money is going before I buy it, Mr King.

Couldn't give a fuck what it looks like tbh. I buy the Rangers top because it's the Rangers top and I wouldn't be without one. Wouldn't withhold the money from Rangers because of how it looks.

Hoooooowever, I would like to know for sure where my money is going before I buy it, Mr King.

Its mostly going to Ashley, Until these contracts are renegotiated I won't be buying one.

He got his board to give him these ridiculous contracts, have we ever heard of any one taking a clubs sponsorship money for sponsorship on the jersey?

Well Ashley is taking ours, we need to sell x amount of tops also or we pay bull shit contracts.

Next move is Mike Ashleys, look favourable upon the club and renegotiate contracts

If not I won't step foot in any his shops like thousands of other Rangers fans, and the board then need to rip up the contracts or sue the last board members for not acting in the best intrest of the company as these deals he has in place are ridiculous.

Rangers site is promoting that you can Pre-Order the top today from the Rangers Mega store Online. (But sadly it appears SportsDirect has not as yet placed it on the site.)

But if you go to SportsDirect website the Home Top is available for Pre-Order.

The meeting with SportsDirect within the next two weeks will be interesting,

But is tactics such as the above, which really makes me question SportDirect Motives. (As i would think it would benefit both parties having the club and our retail partner working together for the benefit of both company's.

Its mostly going to Ashley, Until these contracts are renegotiated I won't be buying one.

He got his board to give him these ridiculous contracts, have we ever heard of any one taking a clubs sponsorship money for sponsorship on the jersey?

Well Ashley is taking ours, we need to sell x amount of tops also or we pay bull shit contracts.

Next move is Mike Ashleys, look favourable upon the club and renegotiate contracts

If not I won't step foot in any his shops like thousands of other Rangers fans, and the board then need to rip up the contracts or sue the last board members for not acting in the best intrest of the company as these deals he has in place are ridiculous.

Well, if all that's true, I'd like King to tell me why I should buy one.

I won't be buying one and nor will I buy anything from sports direct(not that I would anyway)starve Ashley out I'm sure he won't hang around long when he's not making money,as for these ridiculous contracts if true ie club buys unsold tops these have to be contested in court

£47.99 if you pre order it now saving of £12..The actual price is £59.99 :anguish: really for a t-shirt :mecha-anguish::mecha-anguish:

Honestly can't see them selling an awful lot for a couple of reasons. One, the price & two, the "ashley" problem.

I actually think it looks quite smart though. Houston will have a semi when he sees the goalie top :lol:

:uk:

WATP

Perhaps in the interests of full and complete transparency Mr King and Mr Murray will disclose very soon how much of the price of buying a top in the Rangers store will actually go to Rangers bank account, and the same for a top bought from any other retail outlet. Perhaps they will also disclose what (if any) minimum order volume Rangers is committed to taking for sale via the Rangers shop and what financial penalties apply if the volume is not sold.

If they won't disclose that sort of basic information what, I wonder, will reason will they hide behind. Oh, I know. Commercial confidentiality as in they have to honour the confidentiality terms of the contract signed by the Board's predecessors. No leaks - in the wider interests of the Club and the Supporters - in the King / Murray era then?

What will we get. Disclosure of info to help people decide whether or not buying a top is good value for Rangers or no info and a turning back from a supposed policy of transparency? Maybe instead of buying a new top the money would have a better use going to RF to buy shares or for other investment direct into the Club. We should all just go to games wearing old tops as a reminder to the team and to the Directors of the need to get back to better football times pronto.

Might be a stupid question and I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if it's been asked but...

I am assuming/hoping that once King is chairman and at some point before the new season, we will have paid back the £5mill owed to Ashley. If this is done we will then regain our 51% stake in Rangers Retail, Right?

So if we were to delay purchasing any merchandise until that has happened, would the club then receive more of the money?

Thinking about this new kit and the price a bit more. I've decided not to buy any and stick with wearing old tops as a reminder of the quality of Club and team we should be. Will only reconsider if / when there is a fully detailed statement from the Club about how every penny of the price of a new top is accounted for. Until there is that level of transparency - no purchase from me. Instead will buy the £ equivalent of match day prize draw where all the money goes to the Club.

Does that mean I'm boycotting? Yes.