Svensson off!

Good riddance he cant head cant tackle cant pass a total CANT of a player, am quite surprised Papac could have a future though, I think the pair of them should be out on their erses.

An offer came in for Papac which Rangers accepted, but Papac didn't want to leave, and due to his contract still having a couple of years on it he doesn't have to leave.

Caen to sign Svensson from Rangers

Rangers are set to sell centre-back Karl Svensson to newly-promoted French Ligue 1 club Caen.

The Sweden international arrived at Ibrox last summer as one of Paul Le Guen's first signings, but he was used sparingly after the French coach left in January.

New boss Walter Smith brought in David Weir and Ugo Ehiogu to add experience to the Rangers defence, and the manager is thought to have defenders in his sights as he looks to further strengthen his squad this summer.

Svensson, 23, had been the captain of IFK Gothenburg before moving to Scotland.

He has been given permission to talk to Caen, however press reports in France this morning suggesting that Svensson has already signed for the Normandy club may be premature.

Link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6245568.stm

Rangers defender Karl Svensson has signed for newly-promoted French Ligue 1 club Caen.

The 23-year-old Swedish international moved to Ibrox last May from IFK Gothenburg, but failed to establish himself in the first-team.

Svensson was one of former Gers boss Paul Le Guen's signings, but was not part of Walter Smith's plans.

He has signed a three-year deal with the French club after completing his move for an undisclosed fee.

Meanwhile, Rangers have signed Kilmarnock goalkeeper Graeme Smith.

Smith has signed a three-year contract at Ibrox and will compete with Allan McGregor for the goalkeeper's jersey.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6245568.stm
Rangers defender Karl Svensson has signed for newly-promoted French Ligue 1 club Caen.

The 23-year-old Swedish international moved to Ibrox last May from IFK Gothenburg, but failed to establish himself in the first-team.

Svensson was one of former Gers boss Paul Le Guen's signings, but was not part of Walter Smith's plans.

He has signed a three-year deal with the French club after completing his move for an undisclosed fee.

Meanwhile, Rangers have signed Kilmarnock goalkeeper Graeme Smith.

Smith has signed a three-year contract at Ibrox and will compete with Allan McGregor for the goalkeeper's jersey.

One gone, about six still to go I think at last count. :rolleyes:

Guest The Brown Brogue
1 asshole down 10 to go.

ASSHOLE? what did the young guy ever do,to be called that?maybe you shoud look in the mirror. :mad:

Exactly, well said.

Frankly I'm getting sick of the completely unneccesary and undeserving personal abuse dished out to players on this site.

If they've brought the name of the club into disrepute, or badmouthed the club and the fans then it's different, but to call a young player an asshole simply for not fitting into the club is bang out of order.

1 asshole down 10 to go.

ASSHOLE? what did the young guy ever do,to be called that?maybe you shoud look in the mirror. :mad:

Exactly, well said.

Frankly I'm getting sick of the completely unneccesary and undeserving personal abuse dished out to players on this site.

If they've brought the name of the club into disrepute, or badmouthed the club and the fans then it's different, but to call a young player an asshole simply for not fitting into the club is bang out of order.

Unfortunately you get these people in all walks of life

1 asshole down 10 to go.

Karl Svesson never fitted in, cheerio and I wish him well in France.

No matter what a player's ability, personal abuse is not warranted. And Svensson's conduct, for all his faults, was far better than a few others I could mention... <_<

1 asshole down 10 to go.

Karl Svesson never fitted in, cheerio and I wish him well in France.

No matter what a player's ability, personal abuse is not warranted. And Svensson's conduct, for all his faults, was far better than a few others I could mention... <_<

Got to agree with that. Always seemed to conduct himself very well in the press. So, in a couple of days, no doubt will get the "my rangers hell" story somewhere lol

Actually, in all honesty, I think he will come back to haunt us in a couple of years, dont know why, but I do. I always thought he looked decent in Euro games, but, woeful in the SPL. 23 is pretty young for a CB