Walter Smith | Mccoist Wasn't Given Enough Time.

WATBB

The reason why there tends to be very few clubs that are doing well due to not having a stable boardroom or a supported management is that those teams tend to be in trouble financially and are not able to employ decent management or decent players.

Our situation? We threw money at McCoist in order for him to get the job done and he pissed nonchalantly up the wall.

I'm very disappointed in Walter, but of course he was always going to defend his decision to put McCoist forward, the person he worked with for many years, and his mate.

The only thing this type of thing does is gives people like BP9 something to wank about. Doesn't help the club whatsoever. McCoist is the worst manager we've ever had and is still getting money from us for doing nothing - money that we need.

Nothing Smith can say to rectify the situation.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why there tends to be very few clubs that are doing well due to not having a stable boardroom or a supported management is that those teams tend to be in trouble financially and are not able to employ decent management or decent players.

Our situation? We threw money at McCoist in order for him to get the job done and he pissed nonchalantly up the wall.

I'm very disappointed in Walter, but of course he was always going to defend his decision to put McCoist forward, the person he worked with for many years, and his mate.

The only thing this type of thing does is gives people like BP9 something to wank about. Doesn't help the club whatsoever. McCoist is the worst manager we've ever had and is still getting money from us for doing nothing - money that we need.

Nothing Smith can say to rectify the situation.

(tu)(tu)

Dont think so you backed Ally to the hilt and still do.It's pathetic that a man who ran this club into the ground is backed by anyone.And you were the first to back him ,and you wont here a bad word about him.Not for me pal and his big pal Dave is going to do the same.

Anything to actually demonstrate this or have you just decided what my views are regardless of anything I may say?

McCoist's time was up in his first season when he was knocked out of Europe and the League cup.....before he had any boardroom issues.

Smiths pleading is exactly what has been wrong with Rangers for a decade and now being continued with the new board. all jobs for the old boys Rangers men network. McCoist, Durrant, Boyd, Miller, McCulloch, Potless Paul, Stevie Smith.....list is endless

Bomber Brown playing to the gallery to keep his nose in the trough.....

all about self interest propped up by their Mhedia pals at the Rhecord, BBC and Radio Cattolica.

They truly do live in a bubble

I tend to agree with all this .

We watched with a sense of trepidation as Walter allowed McCoist to take control of Cup Ties,a live audition if you like,during his last reign at Ibrox and

we all saw time after time Walter have to come out of the stands to bail McCostly out as his ineptitude shone through in his inability

as a would be Manager.

It failed then Walter and he was a bigger dud on his own.

Let it go.

Your laughing buddy has set us back years.

This will bring the haters out in force - they even critisise Walter now I suspect.

Well said Walter!

Tbh BP9 I always criticised Walter because his brand of football was crap, winning crap but crap nonetheless.

Ally tried the same with worse players and clearly shit training as we look much fitter under McCall and Black.

This will bring the haters out in force - they even critisise Walter now I suspect.

Well said Walter!

Nobody, not even Walter, is immune from criticism if what they say is basically bollocks.

Ally had a tough job in the circumstances but even allowing for that he simply was not up to it. His obsession with an unbeaten season rather than blooding some youth in the last 8 or 10 games was nothing short of a disgrace

Have to disagree massively. Qos are an example of under funded club but cantered division 2 and won the ramsden cup whilst knocking out Rangers on the way who were financially backed more than any team outwith Celtic. Did smith want mccoist to sign mid table premier league players just to win divisions 3,2,1? A manager that has to rely on check books in these divisions is definitely not up to the job. Mccoist was backed to the tune of 8 signings to win a second part time league. Has mccoist been backed like the Celtic managers? No, but we weren't playing them were we? He was definitely backed more than any other manager in Scotland.

Ally did a fantastic job on the PR front at the beginning of our woes,

The fact he took a salary (still does) from us that the club couldn't afford has spoiled my opinion of him.

Cannot agree with SWS ... more time would have cost us more money ...

A no from me

He was given too much support. I dread to think what would have happened if he'd had the same challenge of the previous two seasons and he dragged us into the top league. He has already set us back years and he's still taking obscene amounts of money out of the club.

Truly wonder what it would take for Walter to see what everyone else sees, I understand sticking by your mates but for someone who loves the club he surely has to realize Ally's done irreparable damage. And his jokes are shit

This is actually pretty comparable to Sir Alex Ferguson defending of David Moyes. Possibly Walter trying to save his own blushes?

He "picked" Ally McCoist as his successor, didn't work out. Ally failed.

Sir Alex was the same with Moyes after Moyes was given the boot, "wasn't given enough time" and so on.

Either defending his Pal, or trying to hide the fact he picked a useless manager.

This is actually pretty comparable to Sir Alex Ferguson defending of David Moyes. Possibly Walter trying to save his own blushes?

He "picked" Ally McCoist as his successor, didn't work out. Ally failed.

Sir Alex was the same with Moyes after Moyes was given the boot, "wasn't given enough time" and so on.

Either defending his Pal, or trying to hide the fact he picked a useless manager.

At least Man U had the right idea and got rid of Moyes before he really fucked it. Wish we had done the same after that first season.

I honestly think this is Walter trying to boost Ally's name for when he starts looking for a job. Walter is well respected down South and probably feels he can help him out.

It wouldn't surprise me if he felt guilt and was just trying to help his pal out. I mean this is the second or third time he's mentioned this kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong he's a terrible Manager and I simply disagree with what he's saying, but he's probably just trying to raise his stock.

Utter pish Walter.

Ally was given plenty time, and a hell of a lot of financial backing from the boards he served under ( whyte aside)

Ally was a failure, this had nothing to do with the board and how the club was ran, and everything to do with his draconian style of football and refusal to drop players who were underperforming.

No-one other than Ally, his backroom staff, and the players HE picked week in and week out can be blamed for the product on the park

no enough time? wit??

before we went into admin he was terrible. admin gave him another chance. a chance to completely build the team from the ground up. he could do what he wanted. and look what he did!

he should've left while we are in admin. but aw naw he came out with this "we don't do walking away" shite and everyone fell for it. super ally the great rangers man!

<<<< that badge looks too much like a £ sign to him. all he wanted was money.