Cricket

3 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

They needed a Chris Tavare style opener to block while allowing the others to play. Really was a pitiful showing.

Benefit of hindsight, you can forgive the openers going out thinking ‘we can smash this early and get in front’ but it was pretty clear that philosophy was fucked after about 5 overs. This is where I’d blame Root for not changing the approach. Although they were saying on the Ashes debate show that these batsman apart from Root don’t know how to bat in a test match, they just want to come out and smash it all over the place. 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

Will England survive the 20 mins before lunch with all wickets intact..?. :nailbiting:

On a serious note and I don't want to tempt fate here but Root and Denley look as if the are thinking a lot smarter today....there is no need to take risks as they have all the time in the world to get a score going 

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

On a serious note and I don't want to tempt fate here but Root and Denley look as if the are thinking a lot smarter today....there is no need to take risks as they have all the time in the world to get a score going 

A double Hundred partnership is the very least I'm hoping for. 

Didn’t see any of it yesterday, just watched this highlights this morning. England finally looking like they battling and thinking.  Want to see the Aussies win the series, but would love England to go on and win this test. It’s going to be a tough ask for them though. 

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

Perfect batting weather forecast today, and conditions should favour bat over ball.... even on a day 4 pitch.

If they get through the new ball,  I think England will win.

It would be a vital shift change for the rest of the series if they can pull it off.

To be honest with weather and pitch conditions, under normal circumstances, it wouldn't be particularly remarkable to score 350 odd.

The wickets flat looking by day 4 standards and the balls not doing too much in terms of swing and seam.

Definitely the best batting conditions of test so far, and its a scoring wicket.