Cricket

England need to come out confident this morning. They looked dejected after not getting a wicket last night but they’re still (very very marginally) ahead in the game.

Can’t help but feel they probably left 50 runs out there with the bat though. A few loose shots at the end (looking at you, Moeen).

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Pakistan will give you a run for your money! 

Big changes afoot... 

Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq and bowling coach Waqar Younis have stepped down from their roles.

Former off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq and all-rounder Abdul Razzaq have been appointed as interim coaches for the upcoming series against New Zealand.

Misbah and Waqar had served in their respective roles since September 2019 and had a year left on their contracts.

But both said the time spent in bio-secure environments during the Covid-19 pandemic had taken its toll.

"The quarantine in Jamaica post the West Indies series provided me with an opportunity to reflect on the past 24 months as well as the schedule for international cricket ahead," said former captain Misbah.

"Considering that I would have had to continue to spend considerable time away from my family and that too in a bio-secure environment, I have decided to step down from the role."

Waqar added: "Working with the Pakistan bowlers has been the most satisfying as they have now started to show progress. Bio-secure environments in the past 16 months have had their impact, something we had never experienced during our playing days."

Pakistan face New Zealand on home soil in three one-day internationals and five T20s, with the first ODI taking place on 17 September. It is New Zealand's first tour to the country in 18 years.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Huge challenge ahead for Chris Cairns

The big man has fought this admirably so far - there's a huge fatality rate for what happened to him but he's made it through the worst of it and hopefully on the mend. 

A reminder. 

Treated absolutely disgustingly by first the NZ cricket board who are still *refusing* to tell Pakistani counterparts what the security threat supposedly was. Are our players and people not in the firing line too? Don't they deserve to know if this is a real threat or not?

Then the ECB. Not even cancelling over security but over player anxiety. Don't tell me they can't find 14-15 people to travel to Pakistan to play cricket for what was supposed to be a grand total of 4 days. Eoin Morgan, Chris Jordan, Alex Hales all happy to travel when they are being paid £££££££££££££ to play in the PSL. 

• 2 weeks later...