Did Rangers lose their way when Donald Findlay left the club

dummiesoot

It may be coincidence , but I believe the tide went against us as a club when Donald Findlay left the club, the board became spineless and no-one stood for the club against the accusations from the media and the tims.

At least Donald you can hold your head high walk the street knowing you hold steadfast and intransigent against the wave of PC nonsense. You would have held people to account for the turning of the beating of hundreds of Rangers fans into some sort of Bigot fest for Rangers fans. With you we knew where we stood, alas no more.

Keep the Faith - well it is getting harder.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a very good point DO (tu)

I dont think that its his personal talents are missed which is the main problem - it was the fact that he was disciplined and seen to be "in the wrong" for singing a song which is NOT sectarian - and media coverage still portray it as sectarian when it is not.

BBC Report

Yet a Scottish Court has ruled that it is not sectarian and acquitted the individual charged with singing it.

We have let the media dictate the agenda - and our club has suffered as a result...as they continue to accuse club and fans of sectarian behaviour - contrary to rulings by Scottish Courts.

It may be coincidence , but I believe the tide went against us as a club when Donald Findlay left the club, the board became spineless and no-one stood for the club against the accusations from the media and the tims.

At least Donald you can hold your head high walk the street knowing you hold steadfast and intransigent against the wave of PC nonsense. You would have held people to account for the turning of the beating of hundreds of Rangers fans into some sort of Bigot fest for Rangers fans. With you we knew where we stood, alas no more.

well said dummiesoot, he is one of our bigest losses, and all thats left behind is a board of cowards who will not defend our club or fans and would sell their grannys for a pound, they make me sick.

I think this is a very good point DO (tu)

I dont think that its his personal talents are missed which is the main problem - it was the fact that he was disciplined and seen to be "in the wrong" for singing a song which is NOT sectarian - and media coverage still portray it as sectarian when it is not.

BBC Report

Yet a Scottish Court has ruled that it is not sectarian and acquitted the individual charged with singing it.

We have let the media dictate the agenda - and our club has suffered as a result...as they continue to accuse club and fans of sectarian behaviour - contrary to rulings by Scottish Courts.

Compare and contrast what happened to Findlay with the case of Stephen Pearson and Neil Lennon.

One resigns; one lies about their presence and activities during terrorist supporting event; and the last is given a new contract, made club captain and declared a remarkable human being by sectarian crusaders.

A ludicrious situation.

well said dummiesoot, he is one of our bigest losses, and all thats left behind is a board of cowards who will not defend our club or fans and would sell their grannys for a pound, they make me sick.

Sorry - as smart as the guy was - he was a fool - first of all, he had to go - second of all, I am more concerned with the loss of performance on the park - that is the IMPORTANT area where Rangers have lost their way

Sorry - as smart as the guy was - he was a fool - first of all, he had to go - second of all, I am more concerned with the loss of performance on the park - that is the IMPORTANT area where Rangers have lost their way

DF should have known better to get involved in what sunk him but you will admit the double standards shown by the media and another club with regard to similar (and arguably worse) instances of foolish behaviour is worthy of criticism....

Also, while I agree that performances on the park are the bottom line when it comes to results; an under-performing and under-strength board does directly contribute to our success (or lack of it). That's why the slewed coverge of what happened to DF is worth debating.

Why did he have to go ?

For singing a song which is NOT sectarian ?

Then go discuss the loss of performance on park in another thread.

He might not of been the most PC, Bauba but there is no doubting he would defend the club from the crazy allegations flying about in the past.

Frankie, good point.

DF should have known better to get involved in what sunk him but you will admit the double standards shown by the media and another club with regard to similar (and arguably worse) instances of foolish behaviour is worthy of criticism....

Also, while I agree that performances on the park are the bottom line when it comes to results; an under-performing and under-strength board does directly contribute to our success (or lack of it). That's why the slewed coverge of what happened to DF is worth debating.

Were there double standards? perhaps

Did DF deserve to be thrown out? Absolutely

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear :shifty:

Then go discuss the loss of performance on park in another thread.

He might not of been the most PC, Bauba but there is no doubting he would defend the club from the crazy allegations flying about in the past.

Frankie, good point.

Is there no doubt - doesnt he as an employee of RFC take direction from Mr Murray? So you are wrong there bud.

Wasnt he at the club when the sash in the pitch thing and the 16.90 menu thing was put out?

i think he is a massive lost to the club, we were never one to back down to any threats by any league officials and would fight our corner to legally and morally, now it seems the club rolls over and gets its belly tickled by everyone with the minimum of resistance.

I think if DF was still at the club we would still be singing songs that are deemed unsuitable and the fines we have had from uefa would have been scrapped or significantly reduced in stature. He was a genius in all aspects of the law and a great loss to the club.

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

Youre telling us the Sash is sectarian? Explain that

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

The fact of the matter is that he still does his job in the expertly fashion at the moment. He would have done exactly the same if he was still at Rangers.

Yeah, and his job would have been to take direction from the top (the Mint)

He would have made no difference if he was there today

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

mo johnston and dont forget he is a catholic got up and sang the sash at a player of the year ceremony and he was not forced to leave the club.

I knew this would open a can of worms, some valid points, I guess, taking away whether you agree with the songs or not, Rangers would be in a stronger place with him, add in Campbell Ogilvy as well to that equation.

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

mo johnston and dont forget he is a catholic got up and sang the sash at a player of the year ceremony and he was not forced to leave the club.

Mo johnston wasnt the clubs legal representative

So maybe his punishment was less and also kept behind close doors?

Could Martin Bain sell his granny for a pound? :craphead: