Did Rangers lose their way when Donald Findlay left the club

dummiesoot

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this would open a can of worms, some valid points, I guess, taking away whether you agree with the songs or not, Rangers would be in a stronger place with him, add in Campbell Ogilvy as well to that equation.

I disagree - you are only as strong as the direction you get from the top

It may be coincidence , but I believe the tide went against us as a club when Donald Findlay left the club, the board became spineless and no-one stood for the club against the accusations from the media and the tims.

At least Donald you can hold your head high walk the street knowing you hold steadfast and intransigent against the wave of PC nonsense. You would have held people to account for the turning of the beating of hundreds of Rangers fans into some sort of Bigot fest for Rangers fans. With you we knew where we stood, alas no more.

Keep the Faith - well it is getting harder.

well said dummiesoot, he is one of our bigest losses, and all thats left behind is a board of cowards who will not defend our club or fans and would sell their grannys for a pound, they make me sick.

Sorry - as smart as the guy was - he was a fool - first of all, he had to go - second of all, I am more concerned with the loss of performance on the park - that is the IMPORTANT area where Rangers have lost their way

Why did he have to go ?

For singing a song which is NOT sectarian ?

Oh dear :shifty:

Oh dear what?

Youre telling us the Sash is sectarian? Explain that

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

mo johnston and dont forget he is a catholic got up and sang the sash at a player of the year ceremony and he was not forced to leave the club.

Mo johnston wasnt the clubs legal representative

So maybe his punishment was less and also kept behind close doors?

he never got punished as there was no grasses that ran away to uefa,and complained like the anti rangers gang who love nothing better.

It may be coincidence , but I believe the tide went against us as a club when Donald Findlay left the club, the board became spineless and no-one stood for the club against the accusations from the media and the tims.

At least Donald you can hold your head high walk the street knowing you hold steadfast and intransigent against the wave of PC nonsense. You would have held people to account for the turning of the beating of hundreds of Rangers fans into some sort of Bigot fest for Rangers fans. With you we knew where we stood, alas no more.

well said dummiesoot, he is one of our bigest losses, and all thats left behind is a board of cowards who will not defend our club or fans and would sell their grannys for a pound, they make me sick.

Could Martin Bain sell his granny for a pound? :craphead:

yes he would wait until darkness then dig up her body and sell the bones for soup. :rolleyes:

I knew this would open a can of worms, some valid points, I guess, taking away whether you agree with the songs or not, Rangers would be in a stronger place with him, add in Campbell Ogilvy as well to that equation.

That'll be why companies only have 1 director then Bauba <cr>

Sorry - as smart as the guy was - he was a fool - first of all, he had to go - second of all, I am more concerned with the loss of performance on the park - that is the IMPORTANT area where Rangers have lost their way

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

mo johnston and dont forget he is a catholic got up and sang the sash at a player of the year ceremony and he was not forced to leave the club.

he never got punished as there was no grasses that ran away to uefa,and complained like the anti rangers gang who love nothing better.

Donald Findlay was done in by UEFA?

Must have missed that

Could Martin Bain sell his granny for a pound? :craphead:

yes he would wait until darkness then dig up her body and sell the bones for soup. :rolleyes:

Yes, but he would try to buy her for 20 pence - 10 now and 10 at a later date

999 - hello, is that the Police? I would like to replace some missing logic...

The point is - if DF was still an employee of RFC, he could do no more than the present incumbent in his role - as the employees follow a remit from the top. If the Mint has a policy of whatever, it doesn't matter if DF or Daffy Duck is in charge of legal

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

Must have missed that

i am on about the song, but it was a so called rangers fan who dropped him in trouble,just another scumbag that would shop one of their own.

The point is - if DF was still an employee of RFC, he could do no more than the present incumbent in his role - as the employees follow a remit from the top. If the Mint has a policy of whatever, it doesn't matter if DF or Daffy Duck is in charge of legal

The whole point od a board is to discuss and make decisions. Campbell Ogilvy was the instigator of many a good idea, the Champions League in its original format being one. Donald Findlay was a good front line man to stand and face the cameras when the heat was on. Sure SDM has the final say with a lot of things but there is also the art of delegation that comes with being a company owner. Do you think SDM makes the decisions on what tea to buy as well?

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

Must have missed that

i am on about the song, but it was a so called rangers fan who dropped him in trouble,just another scumbag that would shop one of their own.

So, am a Scumbag?

I've got somebody thrown out of Ibrox in the past and I'm proud of it

Bauba...I'm quite confused...So what if DF was singing the Sash at a Rangers function? So what if he was singing it whilst holding a responsible role within the Rangers ranks?

Was it irresponsible? If so, how?

Did it give a bad image towards Rangers? If so, how?

Just cannot understand what is wrong with singing the Sash, regardless of who you are or who you are representing.

Bauba...I'm quite confused...So what if DF was singing the Sash at a Rangers function? So what if he was singing it whilst holding a responsible role within the Rangers ranks?

Just cannot understand what is wrong with singing the Sash, regardless of who you are or who you are representing.

Was Neil McCann not joining in every now and then any way as Jonny Watson put it, they never showed the rest of DF's repertoire

"if you think i'm sexy........................."

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

Must have missed that

So, am a Scumbag?

i would expect nothing less of you getting a fellow fan thrown out.

The whole point od a board is to discuss and make decisions. Campbell Ogilvy was the instigator of many a good idea, the Champions League in its original format being one. Donald Findlay was a good front line man to stand and face the cameras when the heat was on. Sure SDM has the final say with a lot of things but there is also the art of delegation that comes with being a company owner. Do you think SDM makes the decisions on what tea to buy as well?

Well, the catering is his company also isnt it? lol

Didn't Findlay sing 'The Billy Boys' as well?

yes he did its not sectarian.

Uefa might disagree

and I would too

UEFA will say its discriminatory

Are you a Rangers fan or what?

Oh yes, been a Rangers fan for approx 33 years

No time for sectarianism though, and that song clearly had to go

Funnily enough, most would agree it seems

He sand The Sash and the Billy Boys

Totally irreponsible - had to be thrown out.

And Murray agreed it seems

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

Must have missed that

So, am a Scumbag?

i would expect nothing less of you getting a fellow fan thrown out.

I like to protect the club - you? Well, never mind

Why did he have to go ?

Oh dear what?

My post was mainly directed at this post of yours Bauba.

i think mr findlay is a cracking guy, i once caught the end of a gig he was doing at my local club and its got to be said that even though i cant recall the jokes and stories i can remember pissing myself laughing, and the thing with his routine is that he tells gags about many topics be it slagging the scummites, us bears, women etc. What the poor souls who complain about his lines forget, is all those factors as well. i managed to get a pic of him and me on my phone and had a quick word, he's a top bloke and we could do worse than try and tempt him back home imho!

I like to protect the club - you? Well, never mind

How can you be proud of chucking out some of our own fans, regardless of what they said/sang/shouted etc.

I swear, some of you lot on here are a bigger stain on the club than the so called criminals inside the stadium

He sand The Sash and the Billy Boys

Totally irreponsible - had to be thrown out.

And Murray agreed it seems

Ah, so youre one of the Murray Mob are you?

So by that then, every Rangers fan who sang the sash and TBB in Europe when DF was there deserved to be chucked out? Theyre representing the club aswell, just as DF was doing?