Did Rangers lose their way when Donald Findlay left the club

dummiesoot

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

Bauba...

Care to expand on that? Why shouldn't a Rangers official be singing this? And wasn't it a private function? Is it in your face sectarian? No - it is not sectarian at all...

I guess I am a bad person for trying to get an explanation from you as to why singing the Sash is wrong...

The Sash (with add-ons and the Billy Boys) were both sung. Now, the Sash on its own is fine - not sectarian, but not something a Rangers official should be singiong in public.

However with the add one and TBB also, he had to go

If I have to explain that to you then I am really sorry for you

What I would like you to explain to me is why a Rangers official should not be singing the Sash at a private function?

Feel sorry for me because I confront you about an opinion. Get off the board, or your high horse...

Go on - give me a hug

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sash (with add-ons and the Billy Boys) were both sung. Now, the Sash on its own is fine - not sectarian, but not something a Rangers official should be singiong in public.

But it wasnt in public - its was a private function where it was well received by the audience - it was only made public when an individual videoed him and then sold it to the media.

And if you agree its not sectarian - why should it not be sung in public ?

Crikes - how many times?

Listen - if you haven't got it by now then you never will - not playing your game today - not in the mood for you

Games ?

No "games" here -a serious question to your post - asked in a civil manner.

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

Bauba...

Care to expand on that? Why shouldn't a Rangers official be singing this? And wasn't it a private function? Is it in your face sectarian? No - it is not sectarian at all...

I guess I am a bad person for trying to get an explanation from you as to why singing the Sash is wrong...

What I would like you to explain to me is why a Rangers official should not be singing the Sash at a private function?

Feel sorry for me because I confront you about an opinion. Get off the board, or your high horse...

Go on - give me a hug

Maybe he doesnt do huddles..

But it wasnt in public - its was a private function where it was well received by the audience - it was only made public when an individual videoed him and then sold it to the media.

And if you agree its not sectarian - why should it not be sung in public ?

Crikes - how many times?

Listen - if you haven't got it by now then you never will - not playing your game today - not in the mood for you

Games ?

No "games" here -a serious question to your post - asked in a civil manner.

BS - and you know it - you are doing the same as you always do - on the wind up - you know the answer - indeed it has been explained to you in many threads that have debated this topic - yet you continue to push buttons and point score.

I am not playing your game today - so go ahead and do what you like

is the whole point of the thread about us losing our way or not since DF left us? if we could stop the infighting and bickering over the semantics of his dismissal then maybe we could all start debating the merits of his job at ibrox again and how we could start to climb back to our place at the top of the spl :soccer_h4h:

Bauba...

Go on - give me a hug

Maybe he doesnt do huddles..

Not what I heard

Bauba...

To my mind, the only reason that a club official should refrain from singing the Sash at a private function would be the bad press. However, it's an irrelevant question (are you watching Admin?!). He sang the Billy Boys and did he not also shout FTP after singing the Sash? Had to go, and the reluctance of the club at first to part company was a damn disgrace and a damn embarassment.

I do not deny what DF done was wrong. My issue with Bauba was that from his posts it would appear he has a problem the Sash being sang by a Rangers representative at a private function.

While I agree there may be bad press, it does not actually make it valid. "Big Bad Rangers Bigots Sing Sash" ...The Sash is not sectarian, at any level, therefore should be sang by anyone if they choose to.

BS - and you know it - you are doing the same as you always do - on the wind up - you know the answer - indeed it has been explained to you in many threads that have debated this topic - yet you continue to push buttons and point score.

What have you explained - ?

The rule of law according to Bauba ?

What you are doing is placing restrictions on freedoms of expression here - for no other reason than you personally dont like it

You have made a comment which a number of posters on this thread have challenged - not just me - so dont evade the answer by turning this into some kind of personal vendetta

I'm still puzzled how others weren't pursued with the same vigour as Findlay though?

One player can show his support for an outlawed terrorist group and another can call the Rangers fans (and bench) dirty orange bastards and cheats to literally no media comment.

Or am I just paranoid?

is the whole point of the thread about us losing our way or not since DF left us? if we could stop the infighting and bickering over the semantics of his dismissal then maybe we could all start debating the merits of his job at ibrox again and how we could start to climb back to our place at the top of the spl :soccer_h4h:

Dont think its got anything to do with the place in the table - its about the traditionalists in our support clinging to one of their own. Nothing more

Doesnt matter if we have Donald Findlay or Donald Duck in that job - it does not have any influence into what happens on the park

Of course, they will try to insinuate that how it was handled was a sign of things to come - invoking some sort of imagery or other comparisons - but at the end of the day what DF did in his job had no effect on the most important 90 minutes of the week

I'm still puzzled how others weren't pursued with the same vigour as Findlay though?

One player can show his support for an outlawed terrorist group and another can call the Rangers fans (and bench) dirty orange bastards and cheats to literally no media comment.

Or am I just paranoid?

With all due respect Frankie - so what?

The debate is not about what Celtic did - its about what we did - I wish we could ficus on our own club instead of constantly letting the big chip on our shoulders turn our necks towards the East End

Doesnt matter if we have Donald Findlay or Donald Duck in that job - it does not have any influence into what happens on the park

You honestly think the quality of (and decisions thereafter of) executive directors doesn't affect how successful we are as a club?

The debate is not about what Celtic did - its about what we did - I wish we could ficus on our own club instead of constantly letting the big chip on our shoulders turn our necks towards the East End

Yes, and I gave my view on that part of the debate and then went on to extend the issue to other relevant discussion...

I'm sure you don't mind taking a few minutes to answer my question.

Bauba...

To my mind, the only reason that a club official should refrain from singing the Sash at a private function would be the bad press. However, it's an irrelevant question (are you watching Admin?!). He sang the Billy Boys and did he not also shout FTP after singing the Sash? Had to go, and the reluctance of the club at first to part company was a damn disgrace and a damn embarassment.

I do not deny what DF done was wrong. My issue with Bauba was that from his posts it would appear he has a problem the Sash being sang by a Rangers representative at a private function.

While I agree there may be bad press, it does not actually make it valid. "Big Bad Rangers Bigots Sing Sash" ...The Sash is not sectarian, at any level, therefore should be sang by anyone if they choose to.

Yeah - it should be sung by anyone - I was singing it at work yesterday in fact.

But for an official of the club to sing it at a function in the WOS at that time was just ridiculously stupid. Plus the add-ons made it worse.

You say nothing is wrong with just getting bad press - but then on other threads I see posts about why are themedia always on us?

Maybe because of a history of bad press? Caused by incidents such as this?

We cannot have it both ways

You honestly think the quality of (and decisions thereafter of) executive directors doesn't affect how successful we are as a club?

Correct me if I am wrong - wasnt he the clubs legal council - taking his cue from DM?

Yes, and I gave my view on that part of the debate and then went on to extend the issue to other relevant discussion...

I'm sure you don't mind taking a few minutes to answer my question.

Why? It is completely irrelevant IMO - I couldn't give a monkeys chuff what they do - also, the last time this topic came up I spend almost a full day arguing it - not happening today

Correct me if I am wrong - wasnt he the clubs legal council - taking his cue from DM?

:D

Donald Findlay was the vice-chairman at the time...

he was? well bu**er me - what was his remit?

Dont think its got anything to do with the place in the table - its about the traditionalists in our support clinging to one of their own. Nothing more

Of course, they will try to insinuate that how it was handled was a sign of things to come - invoking some sort of imagery or other comparisons - but at the end of the day what DF did in his job had no effect on the most important 90 minutes of the week

I thought us losing our way was about our league positions and challenges to the title since he left, maybe I misinterpreted the title of the thread. If we are attacked either correctly or incorrectly, DF is an expert QC who is a master of law and could take action if the allegations were in any way mis-printed/alleged/whatever. When did the some-may-say over the top muck throwing and slagging seriously begin, you could say when DF was no longer in a position to retort in an official capacity (thpough that is only subjective opinion)

No matter what footballers say, I feel they read the papers, websites, articles etc and if they see their club being constantly berated by outsiders, how can you say it does not have an effect, much the same as teams sometimes suffer when takeovers are in the press.

I've met DF and found him nothing but a gentleman, as I said earlier in this thread his routine involves not only catholics, celtic and religious intolerence, but slagging of all things, the media only picks up on those jokes though, why is this?

What you are doing is placing restrictions on freedoms of expression here - for no other reason than you personally dont like it

You have made a comment which a number of posters on this thread have challenged - not just me - so dont evade the answer by turning this into some kind of personal vendetta

Push push push

it never stops

How about this then? Personal Vendetta? Only one of us had admitted that it is. Constantly you have also said that you will never reply to any more of my posts. Why don't put a stop to my constant disappointments live up to your broken promises?

It would make my day to be rid of you!

:7996:

Why? It is completely irrelevant IMO - I couldn't give a monkeys chuff what they do - also, the last time this topic came up I spend almost a full day arguing it - not happening today

Not it's not completely irrelevant... One club arguably suffers from losing an important member of staff as well as the image problems thereafter. Another club doesn't. Extremely valid IMO.

You do agree such obviously biased coverage is disgusting, yes?

Push push push

it never stops

How about this then? Personal Vendetta? Only one of us had admitted that it is. Constantly you have also said that you will never reply to any more of my posts. Why don't put a stop to my constant disappointments live up to your broken promises?

It would make my day to be rid of you!

:7996:

When you stop vilifying the traditions of our club - with comments you simply cannot answer or justify - then you will get your wish and be rid of me.

But if not for me - why not answer one of the other posters who asked you the same question ?

Not in the mood for them either ?

I would suggest it is nothing to do with moods - you simply have no answer for the question asked of you.

Dont think most of yeez can relate tae the man on here....is that correct

I love his way of thinkin so I think that puts that one tae bed eh :lol:

NO SURRENDER MR FINDLAY WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Not it's not completely irrelevant... One club arguably suffers from losing an important member of staff as well as the image problems thereafter. Another club doesn't. Extremely valid IMO.

You do agree such obviously biased coverage is disgusting, yes?

Here we go - Frankie - I will say this once - and I will ask you to please respect my opinion even if you do not agree with it - for the sake of this board and my mental health!

I do not believe there is a vendetta or campaign against Rangers Football Club in the media - I believe the Pearson incident was about the most haziest and unclear video I have ever seen and as such is a very poor example to be quoting when trying to prove this point.

OK, I said it

Last time we did this the thread got out of hand and some of us because extremely abusive. Let us not let that happen today

Bauba...

Yeah - it should be sung by anyone - I was singing it at work yesterday in fact.

But for an official of the club to sing it at a function in the WOS at that time was just ridiculously stupid. Plus the add-ons made it worse.

You say nothing is wrong with just getting bad press - but then on other threads I see posts about why are themedia always on us?

Maybe because of a history of bad press? Caused by incidents such as this?

We cannot have it both ways

Ok it is stupid because YOU say so...I guess that will have to do for an explanation.

As for other threads about bad press...You will see me condemning bad press when it is complete bullshit. If it is valid then I am fine with that - The press bringing it to everyone's attention will make sure whatever happened is consulted by Rangers. What you will also see from me is commenting about the imbalance from media organisations.

Quite disappointed that you would resort to inferring me being a tim, especially after the recent rule change and thread.