Mccall Doing His Best Mccoist/mcdowall Impression

If we do not win promotion this season then the epitaph was penned by McCall in his interview on the Rangers website. "We made mistakes, a lot of mistakes,......" There you are. Plain and simple. Captures the season in a nutshell.

Still time to do something about it. But will he? Is he capable of eradicating the mistakes and of inspiring the team to take its goal scoring opportunities? If the answer is 'yes' then I suppose he will be Manager next season and I suppose a number of out of contract players may win new contracts. If it is 'no' then its exit door for a lot of players and (I think) most likely the Manager - because he is paid to organise a team to eradicate these sorts of mistakes and that is not happening.

If we do not win promotion this season then the epitaph was penned by McCall in his interview on the Rangers website. "We made mistakes, a lot of mistakes,......" There you are. Plain and simple. Captures the season in a nutshell.

Still time to do something about it. But will he? Is he capable of eradicating the mistakes and of inspiring the team to take its goal scoring opportunities? If the answer is 'yes' then I suppose he will be Manager next season and I suppose a number of out of contract players may win new contracts. If it is 'no' then its exit door for a lot of players and (I think) most likely the Manager - because he is paid to organise a team to eradicate these sorts of mistakes and that is not happening.

At least he's not making excuses .

That in itself's an improvement :lol:

Any CB pairing from McGregor, Zal and Moshni is infinitely better than one with Jig in.

I'd much rather we had a problem RB slot than a bombscare at the heart of defence.

Can't believe that 3 successive managers can't see this.

Everycunt says this but the reason he's playing is because he's as good as what we have ffs.

Everycunt says this but the reason he's playing is because he's as good as what we have ffs.

No he isn't. He is the one player who is causing huge tactical problems with our whole team due to his lack of pace not to mention his poor defending.

McCall has, at least, got a reaction from the majority of players, and we have performed better - and played a more thoughtful game - under his leadership.

But that is a far as I would go. I'm not persauded that he's the right man for the job long term, although I'll await with interest how he deals with the deadwood at the end of the season.

I'm sure he knows who needs to go and who merits a new contract, but I'll keep my powder dry until those decisions are made - assuming he's still there to make them!

I'm not sure that McCall will have the say in who stays, it will be largely down to finances. I'd say the majority have to go given the money they are on, never mind the mediocrity or standard of football they have shown. Boyd, Miller, McCulloch, Black, Templeton, Daly, Foster ? all have to go. We don't have a right back, so maybe need to keep Foster. Kenny's a 100% man but isn't cutting it in this league so no chance stepping up.

A very good summation and several points of which , I ,and those about me , agreed during the game yesterday.

Shiels , and Law , have improved under SMcC and Shiels should have started.

After the first 15 , although we didn't play well , I never felt threatened by Falkirk. Taking Zaliukas off at HT changed that and Crawford just didn't look comfortable at right back , though he did improve later on when he pushed further up.

What was most disappointing is , collectively , we didn't show the same urgency and desire throughout the game as we did once we were two goals down . Had we done so , I'm sure we would still have that second place in our own hands.

I honestly think Peter Houston would have thought all his birthday's came at once seeing Jig without Zaliukas beside him. Both McGregor and Zal bailed Jig out early doors. It was a major tactical blunder and Miller defo shouldn't have started. We were getting outgunned in midfield and Shiels made a big difference, however you just knew when Falkirk broke up the park we were fucked.

I want him to acknowledge that drawing at home to Falkirk is not acceptable, considering the amount of points we've already dropped.

He's been a better manager than McCoist or McDowall, yes, but it doesn't mean we just accept some of the same mistakes again like playing playing who continually perform horribly.

Nothing wrong with anything that Stauart said in that interview.

Whether we go up or not I want him to be our manager next season. It is the players who are a bag of fucking shite, not the manager.

dont let the wins against hibs and hearts cloud your judgement mate, mccall hasnt proved anything yet except that rangers cannot play a 4-4-2 with this defence and midfield