Most Hated Player To Play At Ibrox

davis1986

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for the whole of the Bayern Munich team that played against in 1999 at Ibrox.

What a shower of cheating bastards they were.

Totally agree. That was the game that convinced me that Germany were the leading contenders in the diving stakes. IMO they were bigger cheats than the usual candidates, Spain, Italy, Septic.

Further back than that there was the cheating, playacting, grinding-a-result-at-any-cost antics of Borussia Mönchengladbach in the UEFA Cup of 1986.

A once-proud club who were reduced to base gamesmanship and who somehow conspired to get Stuart Munro and Davie Cooper sent off and squeeze through on the away goal rule.

Take it from me, most of us were right behind the Dundee United team when they knocked them out in the semi-finals. That was back in the day when you would support (most) other Scottish teams in Europe; in the days before the media managed to divide and conquer fans in the Scottish game to the benefit of Murdoch's Monstrosity.

Further back than that there was the cheating, playacting, grinding-a-result-at-any-cost antics of Borussia Mönchengladbach in the UEFA Cup of 1986.

A once-proud club who were reduced to base gamesmanship and who somehow conspired to get Stuart Munro and Davie Cooper sent off and squeeze through on the away goal rule.

Was Coop not booked in that game for asking the ref if he didn't book Germans?

The Germans took turns at kicking fuck out of Coop and the Tin Man without the ref booking any of them.

Yup, and I'm sure Davie got fed up with it, went up to the ref and said something like: "Do you no book Germans, then?"

Maybe we should have asked UEFA for clarification... :cool:

Albert Craig takes the biscuit.

After getting Graham Roberts sent off he lifted his Hamilton shirt to show him his Sellik top he was wearing underneath.

One bitter wee cnut was Albert.

This might make you feel better (tu)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gambling-shame-of-former-player-1581845

Albert Craig takes the biscuit.

After getting Graham Roberts sent off he lifted his Hamilton shirt to show him his Sellik top he was wearing underneath.

One bitter wee cnut was Albert.

if i mind correctly Durrant got sent off for halfing him bout ten minutes later,and that bastard Waddell was the ref