• Lose to QotS
    • Beat QotS, but lose to Hibs
    • Beat QotS and Hibs, but lose to Motherwell
    • Promotion

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When McCall came in I thought it would make a big difference - a proper manager, not the cut out variety we'd been used to. I thought we'd get the "new manager bounce". He got off to a slow start. Better performances but not the results. Then we seemed to be getting on track and the results started to come though curiously I felt the performances were not so good.

We should be showing every one of these potential opponents the door but I fear we won't.

Falkirk was a must win game to secure second spot but we all know what happened there. Hearts was a must win game to lay down a market for the playoffs but we switched off and ended up losing the game 2- 2.

This shows me we probably haven't got what it takes to go up. Make no mistakes this is a gruelling schedule of 6 games in about 20 days at the end of a long season. Have we got the resources to get through that? Is the squad even fit enough?

Go on Rangers - prove me wrong!

If there's one slight bit of hope is that under McCall we've actually played well and got a result in almost all of the bigger games we've had. I'll admit Livingston and Falkirk etc were big games in their own right but it's still a different matter against Hibs and Hearts and had it not been for an absolute cock up in the last 8 mins yesterday we'd have gone 3 games in a row dismantling them without needing any sort of luck.

Under McCall we seem to have our tactics spot on in games we must not lose and keep it tight, it was games where we had to go out and win where we came up short in the run in. I just think having a sort of tunnel vision preparation for one opponent then the next could well benefit us. Of the 3 opponents Hibs will be the most difficult imo although no tie will be easy.

Odds definately dont look in our favour

QoS

Queen of the South home_button.jpg4-2 W SPFL Championship

Queen of the South away_button.jpg0-2 L SPFL Championship

Queen of the South home_button.jpg1-1 D SPFL Championship

Queen of the South away_button.jpg0-3 L SPFL Championship

Hibs

Hibernian home_button.jpg2-1 W Petrofac Training Cup R1

Hibernian home_button.jpg1-3 L SPFL Championship

Hibernian away_button.jpg0-4 L SPFL Championship

Hibernian home_button.jpg0-2 L SPFL Championship

Hibernian away_button.jpg2-0 W SPFL Championship

To be honest I wouldn't know Motherwell if I Found them in my soup so its very hard to make an assumption.

We have already beaten Hibs and QotS this season so there is no reason we cant do so again.

Whether we will is a completely different matter.

I live in hope rather than expectation.

The time has already passed but now more than ever its time to WAKE THE FUCK UP RANGERS !

To be honest I wouldn't know Motherwell if I Found them in my soup so its very hard to make an assumption.

We have already beaten Hibs and QotS this season so there is no reason we cant do so again.

Whether we will is a completely different matter.

I live in hope rather than expectation.

The time has already passed but now more than ever its time to WAKE THE FUCK UP RANGERS !

Like you i hope rather than expect.

You correctly point out we have beaten both QOTS & Hibernian, unfortunately both of them have also beaten us and also have a better head to head record.

We have 6 games for these players to try and garner a little respect and professional pride and get us back where we should be.

Well that's what I'll keep telling myself because Our club needs to move forward in all aspects and I r ally don't want another season in the championship.

I think if we can scrape a Draw at QOS then we should tame them at Ibrox.

Real problem to me is why McCall not starting Tom Walsh so much,if he starts run at them create chances early goals.

We'll get promotion. McCall has to keep McCulloch away from the team though. Moshni would have been a much better defensive option in the air against Hearts late on.

Even after yesterdays capitulation and seeing some of the shit we have delivered this year I just cannot contemplate us not going up. We need to play smarter and stop playing Jig in fucking defence to have a shot at this one though. It is certainly going to be a squeaky arse bum time in the playoffs, which for a club of our size, is a disgrace in itself.

We have shown nothing all season to suggest We are capable of winning 6 games on the bounce.

Just because we are Rangers doesn't mean we have a devine right to win football matches, hence why we just finished 3rd in the second level of Scottish football.

That being said, we have shown in games this year we can win comfortably in this league if the players attitude is correct & McCall gets the lineup and tactics correct. That has not happened nearly enough this year which would suggest we are incapable of going up this year.

Here's hoping though.

Look what 4 years under our worst ever manager has done to our fans. The negativity and acceptance of failure and mediocrity is astounding. We need a manager we can believe him, someone to give fans, players and the club it's arrogance and belief back.

Anyone in mind ?

Anyone in mind ?

A while ago i would have said Sean Dyche, Nigel Pearson or Eddie Howe but all seem well out of our league now sadly. Ralf Rangnick and Paco Jemez are also men i admire but possibly out of our league too. Right now i think we should go cap in hand to either Mark Warburton or Karl Robinson and i believe both would love the chance to build something special at Rangers with the goal of Champions League latter stages on the table and trophies on their CV. I don't want any connection to Rangers or even Scottish football if it can be helped. I would love us to show some nowse/nouse(sp), a bit of ambition and do something different, fresh, exciting. We need something different from the usual boring predictable rubbish linked with the club. I think it is crystal clear McCall is not the man for us. Thank him for getting us up and let him move on so we can rebuild properly.

What about yourself jcb?