Ashamed Of Some Of My So Called "fellow" Support

GOAT

Tell me why I can't be Scottish and British ?

I want a better, more balanced Britain, with far more powers for the Scotland parliament.

Right now, the UK parliament is effectively seen as the English parliament.

I didn't say you can't.

You said...

Exactly. I am equally Scottish and British. If Scotland ever became independent sometime in the future, we would still be Scottish and British.

It's not just about where political decisions are made. There is culture and family and history that will always bond us.

I think it's fair to assume that most people that want to be both Scottish and British would actually quite like it if their country still existed. Just a sneaking wee suspicion of mine.

So peddling this motivator 'we would still be British' is disingenuous because it ignores this obvious point, this obvious part of what people are likely to want their Britishness to be.

I didn't say you can't.

You said...

Exactly. I am equally Scottish and British. If Scotland ever became independent sometime in the future, we would still be Scottish and British.

It's not just about where political decisions are made. There is culture and family and history that will always bond us.

I think it's fair to assume that most people that want to be both Scottish and British would actually quite like it if their country still existed. Just a sneaking wee suspicion of mine.

So peddling this motivator 'we would still be British' is disingenuous because it ignores this obvious point, this obvious part of what people are likely to want their Britishness to be.

In my eyes, there is a big difference between Britain and the political union of the UK.

In my eyes, there is a big difference between Britain and the political union of the UK.

That sounds to me suspiciously like the kind of distinction you'd decide to create because it helps your case.

But even if it isn't, it must be quite obvious to you that that is not the case for most people that want to be British and that it's a pretty uncommon, affected perception of affairs and that to expect much else or to suggest it as a way of looking at things to people in this forum is silly, disingenuous.

Your country will be destroyed, but don't worry, you can still be British? Please.

Yip those wishing to break up the UK are filth to me whatever team they support.

Filth? Filth? Really? I'm expressing my surprise at that description as someone with close family and friends that are voting SNP, many of whom are committed Bears, and none of whom deserve to be thought of as filth for voting for a pretty valid political party, however much I disagree with them.

Hi Dougie,

Can you confirm if you voted SNP or not? I don't want to report you for nothing.

This is a Rangers forum after all.

I've not been reported for a while - I voted SNP today - voted yes last year and I'm an atheist!

Voted labour.

I don't think everyone who voted SNP though want independence. Although this is their ultimate aim, If another referendum came about I believe some would still vote no. People are voting them as they feel they will get better results for Scotland at this moment in time.

That sounds to me suspiciously like the kind of distinction you'd decide to create because it helps your case.

But even if it isn't, it must be quite obvious to you that that is not the case for most people that want to be British and that it's a pretty uncommon, affected perception of affairs and that to expect much else or to suggest it as a way of looking at things to people in this forum is silly, disingenuous.

Your country will be destroyed, but don't worry, you can still be British? Please.

As a small point - do most English people think of themselves as 'British' or 'English' ? ( I know a lot of non Brits think the two terms are indistinguishable )

As a small point - do most English people think of themselves as 'British' or 'English' ? ( I know a lot of non Brits think the two terms are indistinguishable )

No idea. I'd guess both.

Yeah, people abroad tend to use the terms a bit ignorantly.

By shit hole I meant west central scotland, the frenzied breeding ground of the republican wing of the snp.

And clearly the deeds I refer to were those carriedout by cfc employees and associates on boys attending cfc organised events.

Whats thats got to do with beasts in the south of England only you know, but deflect away as you will.

"Yet authorities ignoring some of the worst sexual abuse of kids in this shit hole."

That's what you posted. Remember? I thought we were on the same page. Yet instead of condemnation of said beasts you would rather engage in whataboutery. I thought you would be interested in all of the scumbags who abuse power just to abuse kids. In hindsight I can see I was wrong about you. Unlike you, I want all paedophiles brought to justice, regardless of their status or geographic location.

If you cannot see that then you are one for the watching.

This song singing is a peculiar thing not to be taken too seriously. After all god save the queen contains verse 6 about crushing the rebellious Scots & flower of Scotland is about, well we all know what it's about. I sing them both quite happily. That's what makes us human. Paradox.

No it doesn't there was a brief period after the Jacobite rebellion when these words were sung in music halls but it has never been a part of the official national anthem which consists of 3 verses at most.

http://www.aforceforgood.org.uk/precious/anthem1

The election poll in the Debating Chamber on here proves that the SNP have surged.

AT one point they were nowhere, then all of a sudden they had about 30%.

I blame those wankers who invited NIcola Insurgent into the whole-country televised debates.

The cunt who did that will probably be responsible for the break up of the United Kingdom.

It gave the SNP, for the first time ever, national coverage, and with claims she won the debate, even though she wasn't standing, nor could anyone outside Scotland vote for her party.

Very strange also that Salmond was hardly seen at all in the campaign, yet he will be chief shitstirrer in the HoC form now on.

Disaster for the UK>

Still, if it makes the small minded small nation Scots happy, fuck everyone else.

Don't even understand why she was on TV debating. She wasn't even standing for a seat in Westminster. Think they realised that salmond was their downfall in the independence referendum, as he is a smug arrogant b'stard, so they threw her in instead.

So all the nuggets that voted SNP because they are fed up with a Tory government in London how did that go for you. :lol:

That's the point! Even if Labour won all seats in Scotland it would still be a Tory government.

Scotland's voice is not heard and instead of laughing you should maybe be worried about the impact.

A vote for SNP is about a voice for Scotland in this parliament not a vote for independence.

The fact you laugh about it says it all.

That's the point! Even if Labour won all seats in Scotland it would still be a Tory government.

Scotland's voice is not heard and instead of laughing you should maybe be worried about the impact.

A vote for SNP is about a voice for Scotland in this parliament not a vote for independence.

The fact you laugh about it says it all.

:lol: What voice they will be sitting all on their own with that massive chip on their shoulder while everybody ignores them. People in England saw what was coming and voted accordingly.

The fact you like that idea says all I need to know about you. (tu)