Goalkeeper No. 1 Priority!

Tbh, Imo Lee Robinson is just as good as if not better than bell. Bell is a decent shot stopper but he is crap at commanding his box and shite at kicking, at the moment he looks like he has a few bombscare moments in him as well. Lee robinson did nothing to deserve being dropped before bell came back, he commanded his box well most of the time and acted as a sweeper a lot of the time, kicking was decent and he was quick. We need much better keepers for next season but at the moment bells confidence looks shot, and no wonder with the amount of injuries he has had in the past!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people just going to forget the great fucking save he made to his left ? As good a save as you'll see ffs. Defence let the lad down and don't firget it.

No - see 2 posts up.

His defenders made a cunt of it..

You've still not answered why he was 6 yards out his goal and 6 yards away from the guy who scored the goal?

Timing is everything, timing wasn't on cammy's side, his defenders mislead him from the in swinging corner which forced him to come from his line through his defenders failings.

Stretch Armstrong :lol: - i like it!

Agreed re decision making.

Overshadows the good bits - his footwork for the save just after the goal was brilliant (despite the pitch!).

He can stop a cracking shot from time to time, that's never been in doubt (tu)

When he makes a complete hash of a decision and is caught woefully out of position because of it, however, he isn't getting a free pass and excuses made that the defence are to blame, regardless of the slip.

He can stop a cracking shot from time to time, that's never been in doubt (tu)

When he makes a complete hash of a decision and is caught woefully out of position because of it, however, he isn't getting a free pass and excuses made that the defence are to blame, regardless of the slip.

(tu)

Would any of you take McGregor back?

That's not even a fair comparison to where we find ourselves now...personally no as he took his opportunity and fucked off.

I would rather we brought in another GK coach and a top right quality replacement for number 1 plus a very capable prospect to act as understudy.

Worst mistake we made was getting rid of Alexander.

Worst mistake we made was getting rid of Alexander.

Was it really though?

Was on huge wages in Division 3, 10k a week if memory serves me correctly, and really wasn't that great. He barely spoke to his defence, seldom came off his line and when he did come for crosses and corners he had a pretty sketchy command of the box. Didn't have much to do but at the same time the number of highlight reel saves and points saved, in Division 3, is much the same if not less than Bell has had.

That aside, someone to come in and push Bell for the number 1 jersey this summer would be nice but we need to sort out right back, central defence, the wide area and up front first.

Would any of you take McGregor back?

No.

Aside from other issues, when a keeper's form is so bad that he has to be replaced with the 40 year old deputy, the writing's on the wall.

He isnt the best height wise is lacking at corner kicks it is a weakness

But watching back todays game when qos got the equalisier

he made a vital save just after that-- if we had gone - 2-1 down

it might have created a different complexion on the games result- had he not pulled off a decent save

Deserves credit for that ?

Rangers class? That SPFL championship! Rangers class is one of the stupidest phrases I've ever heard, it's bollocks.

Rangers class is a phrase that adapts to the circumstances we find ourselves in and even in the Championship he isn't 'Rangers class'! People love to defend him but he wasn't called Calamatus Cammy in the top division for nothing.

Was thinking this as well even before today , cammy bell is nowhere good enough , I wouldn't have him as our stand in keeper in the top league . Because he's been out so long i wasn't sure what standard of player he was but he's really not that good . He was the killie keeper FFS

No.1 priority??

You haven't watched Rangers this season, have you?

Absolutely No. 1 priority. A decent keeper will give confidence to the players in front of him. Build from the back, that's what I say.

Oh and yes I have watched us this season. I've been to every home game this season. Robinson isn't great but he is still better than Bell. In my opion of course.