More deals?

Ibroxblue

"WALTER SMITH admitted today he can't wait forever for the signing targets he wants to rebuild his Rangers squad.

The Ibrox club have lodged bids this week totalling more than £6.5m for three players - and all were rejected.

Bordeaux kicked out an opening offer of £4m for French international midfielder Julien Faubert.

Reports in France say they want £7m for the player, who has walked out and refused to train after telling Bordeaux he wants them to sell him to Rangers.

Wigan have still not agreed a fee for Lee McCulloch, and a second bid for Kilmarnock's Stevie Naismith has also been turned down.

Chief Executive Martin Bain continues to press ahead for the players Smith wants on top of the five he's signed - Alan Gow, Kirk Broadfoot, Jean-Claude Darcheville, DaMarcus Beasley and Graeme Smith.

It is believed he has spent this week in Europe working on two more deals, outwith those already known...."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa..._on_forever.php

Wonder who the other couple of unknowns are, unless one of them is Cuellar.

I think we've agreed a fee in principle for McCulloch £2.2 million, but part of the problem is the current Webster scenario which could be causing some of the problems.

Rangers should offer £5 mil for Faubert, and they should accept, better having the money in the bank rather than an unhappy player.

I really don't think we need Naismith so don't care if he comes or not.

I think this Rat situation is a load of BS. Only time we've been linked with him is when he came out and said we were looking at him. We see players do that all the time and nothing comes of it.

They can't honestly want 7m for Faubert and expect to sign Mvumba (sp?) for 5m?

Exactly, this is the reported angle the agent has been coming from also, I think if Rangers bid 5 mill they'll get him.

In fact offer them £4.5 mil and throw in Papac and Sebo

Edit: oops, forgot about Sionko!