Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

How do you think he will do here?

I quite liked watching them if they were on. Quite a direct team who played nice stuff but their poor defence is a worry

It wasn't hugely worse than the other teams around them, to be fair.

Especially when you look at the money he was able to put into the Club in comparison to Ipswich, Derby and Middlesbrough, plus the young boys he brought through instead.

My worry is that so many guys get hyped up in England and amount to nothing and with 18 months of management behind him he's hardly experienced or proven over a decent period of time.

Saying that I'm willing to give him a chance. Rather than somebody obvious like Davies, McInnes, etc, it's something a bit outside the box and his teams play good football too which is something we need to do because we've been brutal to watch for years.

I also think Weir is key. With him beside him he's got somebody who knows and understands the demands and expectations, which is something PLG never had.

I'd be happy on the whole I think. What about you?

Its the fresh outlook that we need IMO.

Like you though I think it could be risky but with weir there it will be less risky than the PLG type appointment.

Brentford never had huge expectations and losing 2 or 3 in a row wouldn't be a disaster but here not winning in 2 games is a full blown crisis. It's how he deals with that, that will make or break his managerial reign if he takes it

My reading of the Sky Sports quote is that he is just being polite, and showing respect to the club.

Yeah I thought that also. Bit annoyed he didn't say we are one of the biggest clubs in the world though as seems to be the case when someone is asked about the taigs!

Not sure how to take that quote.

Is that him just being polite or is that him saying "if I was offered the Rangers job I'd seriously consider it"?

Im glad its not just me. The quote sends a message to me that out of respect he is not going to Rubbish the story but "Come on,, Scotiish championship"!

Its Weir I tell ya

It wasn't hugely worse than the other teams around them, to be fair.

Especially when you look at the money he was able to put into the Club in comparison to Ipswich, Derby and Middlesbrough, plus the young boys he brought through instead.

He was heavily involved in Loanees, from Arsenal and Tottenham, Not sure if he would have got that gift up here

Im glad its not just me. The quote sends a message to me that out of respect he is not going to Rubbish the story but "Come on,, Scotiish championship"!

Its Weir I tell ya

You could be right. I'll be a bit worried if it's just Weir on his oown.

Yeah I thought that also. Bit annoyed he didn't say we are one of the biggest clubs in the world though as seems to be the case when someone is asked about the taigs!

Chris Graham and 1 other follow

Mark Warburton says he has 'huge respect' for 'massive club' Rangers http://dailym.ai/1LXO9Zm

Vie

Mark Warburton on Rangers:

"From my point of view they are a massive club. I have huge respect for the size of the club and the fan base at Rangers. Who wouldn't?

I am well aware of the tradition and history of the club so I would never be anything other than absolutely respectful of a club of that stature."

He was heavily involved in Loanees, from Arsenal and Tottenham, Not sure if he would have got that gift up here

Pritchard was the only one with real influence, still a great signing. But you've got to scout them first, hard to use that against him.

Pritchard was the only one with real influence, still a great signing. But you've got to scout them first, hard to use that against him.

more than half his team was loanees from the premiership. Sorry bud but not sure if he could have used that same method up here.

Premiership teams usually give to their lower neighbours and Brentford did with due respect use it well.

more than half his team was loanees from the premiership. Sorry bud but not sure if he could have used that same method up here.

Premiership teams usually give to their lower neighbours and Brentford did with due respect use it well.

Half the team? Two players, I forgot about Toral. Of course we won't get that sort of player from the EPL, but why not take the positive that he scouted the EPL development squads and found these talents.

The other two loanees made 11 appearances which is hardly major.

So let's not blow things out of proportion and only pick the negatives of it.

There has to have been some sort of contact with him, otherwise I don't think he would have said what he has said.

Few weeks ago it was reported in the paper he'd already held initial talks with Rangers (Him & Weir) and they were open to formal discussions.

There has to have been some sort of contact with him, otherwise I don't think he would have said what he has said.

I hope there has been contact with him. I also hope there has been contact with a few others and we pick the right one from those talks.