Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

I'm open to the idea of a Warburton coming in, but I do worry that he's just a flavour of the week. He's done well with Brentford, but he's not got any sort of longevity as a manager behind him and he remains fairly unproven too.

Guys like Iain Dowie, Phil Brown, Roy Keane, Owen Coyle, Gary Johnson, Sean O'Driscoll & Tony Mowbray have all had hype that's not too dissimilar to what Warburton is getting now on the back of having a good spell in the English lower leagues and where are they at now?

Not sure about Warburton, but how exactly do the board make this important decision? After all, they are not footballing coaches. Do they consult wider with the likes of Walter Smith or other non-runners?

Not sure about Warburton, but how exactly do the board make this important decision? After all, they are not footballing coaches. Do they consult wider with the likes of Walter Smith or other non-runners?

They said they will take advice from Walter, and that scares me to death. He still rates McCoist!

1/2? Looks like everyone is hammering him then, or someone "in the know" has placed a large wager on it, I'd like him to be the new manager.

Doubt it. There are few big bets on markets like this. If someone put £100 on Davie Weir he'd probably go into even money.

Considering he lost his best players at the end of every season, I think you could. Quite justifiably as well.

Got a bad feeling about this guy, and big Davie didn't exactly do too well in his last job either did he?

He won the "best of the rest" with an established SPL club, it's impressive but nothing special. It's not like Motherwell are minnows compared to Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd.

Warburton has competed at a much higher level than SPL level in League 1 & Championship, what he achieved with far less resources to the clubs he up against such as Leeds, Cardiff etc.

Nail on the head.

Anyone else remember Paul Le Guen? And he came with a much bigger pedigree and experience than this loaf of breed Warburton.

PLG wasn't given a chance though was he? I'm fed up with PLG being the standard bearer of what a failed manager is simply because he only got 30 games in charge before wee Barry decided he didn't like the diet he got put on.

Brentford not count then?

maybe you should read it properly. He has no track record that shows he should get the job with US. Less than 2 years as a manager and you want to give the 52 year old our managers job ?

He won the "best of the rest" with an established SPL club, it's impressive but nothing special. It's not like Motherwell are minnows compared to Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd.

Warburton has competed at a much higher level than SPL level in League 1 & Championship, what he achieved with far less resources to the clubs he up against such as Leeds, Cardiff etc.

Fair enough. I just don't think his CV is good enough.

We need to get this appointment right, we cannot afford another fuck up.

Mind, best of the rest essentially counts as a league win in the Spl.

OK sure he's only had 2 seasons in management, but they were 2 outstanding seasons.

Asking for someone who is as talented, plays great football and is hugely experienced mght be a big ask to come manage in the Scottish Championship. You have Ancelotti in mind?

he didn`t have 2 years in management. But if you think less than 2 years as hugely experienced you dad on.

Your Ancelotti comment shows you up a bit.And for the record McInnes isn`t an appointment I want either.

we should be advertising the role.( I`m led to believe they have a big list of candidates already with big names in it )

Money talks and getting a good manager in won`t be a problem if we pay him. Ally`s £750k will get you a great manager.

I`d also have no problem spending that sort of money if the person was going to sort out the football side top to bottom as I`d see it as a good investment.

he didn`t have 2 years in management. But if you think less than 2 years as hugely experienced you dad on.

Your Ancelotti comment shows you up a bit.And for the record McInnes isn`t an appointment I want either.

we should be advertising the role.( I`m led to believe they have a big list of candidates already with big names in it )

Money talks and getting a good manager in won`t be a problem if we pay him. Ally`s £750k will get you a great manager.

I`d also have no problem spending that sort of money if the person was going to sort out the football side top to bottom as I`d see it as a good investment.

How wide would you extend the net? Should we be looking at it from a European perspective?

maybe you should read it properly. He has no track record that shows he should get the job with US. Less than 2 years as a manager and you want to give the 52 year old our managers job ?

You said he has no track record in management. Yes i do want him to get the job.

Who do you want?

How wide would you extend the net? Should we be looking at it from a European perspective?

I would as a lot of the market for cheaper players come from europe. UK based players tend to be too expensive.

But nothing wrong with a european manager with a Scottish assistant.

basically it should be open to everyone and best man should get the job.