Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

Why would Davie Weir be a fantastic assistant manager? Is it because you liked him as a player? We've been down that road before. I like the sound of Warbuton but couldn't care less about Weir coming back to the club.

It's because i liked him as a player and because i believe he was very influencial in our success when he was here. Plus i don't want him as manager so as an assistant it's best of both worlds for me. The manager is the important appointment really.

Banners will be up even if we're winning and doing well? Really.

Davie Weir is not coming as manager so that's fine. It's more his influence in the dressing room will be hugely beneficial in my opinion. Remember we done well under Walter and look at his assistant.

Your comment about Macleod is fair but that is exactly how i would describe HV's time here. The point was more about watching Scottish games though.

I could argue these point but you have your mind made up. so no point really.

It's because i liked him as a player and because i believe he was very influencial in our success when he was here. Plus i don't want him as manager so as an assistant it's best of both worlds for me. The manager is the important appointment really.

Do you know who David Weir is ? :peanut:

I could argue these point but you have your mind made up. so no point really.

TBH you're probably right. He wasn't my first choice last week but reading more about him and looking at the other candidates he seems like the most intriguing for me.

I'm just worried that i'm going to be disappointed by the managerial appointment going by the names in the frame.

Why would Davie Weir be a fantastic assistant manager? Is it because you liked him as a player? We've been down that road before. I like the sound of Warbuton but couldn't care less about Weir coming back to the club.

Well Warburton obviously values Weir's input considering he was his assistant manager and they were both very successful at Brentford so I don't see why you'd want to split them up. Especially as Weir knows Rangers very well and could help Warburton know what's required.

This is his record at Brentford. pulled this off the internet so could be wrong but to me its not great.

Over 61 games

won 33

drawn 11

lost 17.

Unsure as to why you think this isn't a good record. Do you follow football outwith Rangers?

Rangers are not expected to make a Managerial appointment this week. Mark Warburton's wage demands are a sticking point.

[Daily Mail]

Again disregard if you like but I think warbuton deal is looking very unlikely, I'd expect press reports to discuss the wages been too expensive.

Whatever you read or hear 100% No offer made to warbuton .

I did say this'd happen

If its not Warburton it has to be someone along the same lines with the same ambition, Martin Allens article in the Mail was interesting, i really hope we dont go down the McLeish route or similar we were absolute shite near the end of his tenure with demonstrations to get rid of him, this appointment is one of the most important ever for us and we must get it right.

I would hope the job has been widely advertised within the game and any potentially interested candidates have come forward via agents or friends or whoever, dont fuck this one up Rangers.

I still don't understand why Mark Warburton would be demanding high wages, surely he made a fair buck as a City Trader?

I'm not sure he is as as I'm told there hasn't been a formal offer . However if he was to take the job and fail he would effectively be dead in the water career wise when other jobs on more lucrative wages are available . If you are to consider taking the job and look at risk/reward then it seems reasonable to get a salary you consider commensurate with ability . Someone like Warburton dropped money to get onto football and could almost certainly earn more money elsewhere but that doesn't mean he wouldn't want what he felt he was worth .

No appointment this week is a disgraceful dereliction of duty by the board. They are doing nothing to win fans over here. Indeed some of their decision making is no better than the rats they replaced.

If Warburton is pricing himself out the move walk away. We are in charge here. If he wants it enough he will accept our terms. This is a man who loses once every 3 games or so in the lower leagues of England. He's not some cross between Mourinho and Guardiola.

No appointment this week is a disgraceful dereliction of duty by the board. They are doing nothing to win fans over here. Indeed some of their decision making is no better than the rats they replaced.

If Warburton is pricing himself out the move walk away. We are in charge here. If he wants it enough he will accept our terms. This is a man who loses once every 3 games or so in the lower leagues of England. He's not some cross between Mourinho and Guardiola.

:lol:

I bet you would be the first person to moan if we rushed into a decision!

I bet i wouldn't. Rushing would have been appointing a man within days of taking over the club. They have had months to headhunt the correct man for the job.

How have they had months? We didn't even know what league we were in until Sunday afternoon? That's just nonsense. It's four days since the season ended, calm the fuck doon.