Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

How have they had months? We didn't even know what league we were in until Sunday afternoon? That's just nonsense. It's four days since the season ended, calm the fuck doon.

Irony is obviously lost on you.

Mr King declared an EGM in January this year, that is when he knew he was getting the club. He then officially took over on 6th March having known a full 2 weeks before that that his victory was indeed assured. We are now into June. Either way they have had between 3 and 6 months to find the right man.

Had they appointed the right man to take over from McDowall we would be in the SPL right now. Now we find ourselves into the summer with their first choice ending up a complete failure and also find out too that King isn't even talking to potential managers, it's some guy from the RST and Paul Murray.

Where is our Chief Executive when we need him by the way? Oh wait.......

Some folk would be willing to give King all the time in the world. I tend to believe we needed action, yesterday. That is the urgency of our situation.

scouseblue called the wage demands coming out as a sticking point two days ago.

EDIT: just seen he's posted it above.

Wasn't trying to be a smart arse I just thought it might have been missed in the massive thread

. I don't have any inside Rangers info but heard snippets over this and like I've said I think the talk of imminent appointment miles off . I'd be confident to say his demands won't be 'excessive' , I'm sure he's not cheap but that's not the same thing.

Overall as an appointment I'd rate it as unlikely

Mr King declared an EGM in January this year, that is when he knew he was getting the club. He then officially took over on 6th March having known a full 2 weeks before that that his victory was indeed assured. We are now into June. Either way they have had between 3 and 6 months to find the right man.

Had they appointed the right man to take over from McDowall we would be in the SPL right now. Now we find ourselves into the summer with their first choice ending up a complete failure and also find out too that King isn't even talking to potential managers, it's some guy from the RST and Paul Murray.

Some folk would be willing to give King all the time in the world. I tend to believe we needed action, yesterday. That is the urgency of our situation.

Whilst I agree largely with what you say, I do not believe any of our current targets would have gotten us promotion ahead of McCall, all would have struggled with a team that isn't their own. I said at the time there was better options out there, but McCall did well on the whole and I reckon Warburton would have found it just as difficult.

But I agree, this is crucial and there's nothing from the club, we need to get this sorted ASAP, not for the impatient fans like myself, but for the manager himself, he needs as long a time as possible to evaluate the squad and start looking to add his own players. The longer we wait, the bigger the challenge. I'm sure he kept his ear close to the ground, but he needs to get in there, watch previous games, talk with players etc etc. There's plenty to do before a preseason ball is kicked and yet I have a bad feeling we're not taking it as seriously as we should.

Dave King is an arsehole. He's bullshitted his way to where he is just now and hurt us in the process. Now I've got that out the way. The season only ended four days ago, calm the fuck doon. See if we don't have a manager by mid June, let's start the moaning then.

Wasn't trying to be a smart arse I just thought it might have been missed in the massive thread

. I don't have any inside Rangers info but heard snippets over this and like I've said I think the talk of imminent appointment miles off . I'd be confident to say his demands won't be 'excessive' , I'm sure he's not cheap but that's not the same thing.

Overall as an appointment I'd rate it as unlikely

Don't be so humble. You've been the only one with a source who's been on the ball so far so you should be being a smartarse about it :P:lol: In all seriousness I'm a becoming more unsure about the risk of appointing him anyway so I'm glad we appear to be looking at more than one option.

I also think with Richard Wilson predicting that it won't be until the end of next week there must be somebody else in the background. I'm still hoping some new names come into the running too.

Don't be so humble. You've been the only one with a source who's been on the ball so far so you should be being a smartarse about it :P:lol: In all seriousness I'm a becoming more unsure about the risk of appointing him anyway so I'm glad we appear to be looking at more than one option.

I also think with Richard Wilson predicting that it won't be until the end of next week there must be somebody else in the background. I'm still hoping some new names come into the running too.

I think if he'd take it without question he'd be appointed , I also think he was genuinely excited about the club but the failure to achieve promotion is a hit plus despite how huge we know the club is the state of Scottish football must be a factor as well surely ?

According to the daily mail the manager appointment won't be made until next week,McCall better not remain now, if they wanted to appoint him why not do it straight away, he tried his best which is all you can ask for but I just don't think he is the way forward.

Has McCalls contract expired ? It might run into next week which is why were not appointing anyone yet . Remember we have Ally is still on the wage bill so if we can avoid paying 3 managers in total even if its just for one week then thats fair enough . Although I guess you could always announce it and say hes starting in a week or two . FWIW I think its definitely going to be Warburton and Im right behind him . His story is inspiring

To be fair that's a solid record.

Unless you are managing an elite level club it's pretty rare that you will find a manager with a win percentage that's higher than 40-50%.

I seen rafa benitez record yesterday and his was around the same mark at Napoli.

To be fair that's a solid record.

Unless you are managing an elite level club it's pretty rare that you will find a manager with a win percentage that's higher than 40-50%.

Exactly (tu)

We'd be aswell getting McCoist back based on some of these arguments, his win percentage was as high as any other top level gaffer I bet.

Over 50% for Brentford is crazy, that'd be like QPR coming up last year, and winning 50% plus of their games. They'd have finished in 8th place, 3 points behind Southampton.

Winning 50% puts you in that Europa League spot, Southampton, Liverpool, Man U and Tottenham all had roughly 50% wins, give or take. Chelsea had 68%

Can you imagine a team like Hull, Burnley, QPR or whoever pushing Liverpool, Tottenham etc, because that's essentially what Warburton did with Brentford up against, derby, Norwich, etc. Would love to see how much money he spent at Brentford in comparison, but cba looking it up.

Ticks major boxes does Walburton (tu)

Whilst I agree largely with what you say, I do not believe any of our current targets would have gotten us promotion ahead of McCall, all would have struggled with a team that isn't their own. I said at the time there was better options out there, but McCall did well on the whole and I reckon Warburton would have found it just as difficult.

But I agree, this is crucial and there's nothing from the club, we need to get this sorted ASAP, not for the impatient fans like myself, but for the manager himself, he needs as long a time as possible to evaluate the squad and start looking to add his own players. The longer we wait, the bigger the challenge. I'm sure he kept his ear close to the ground, but he needs to get in there, watch previous games, talk with players etc etc. There's plenty to do before a preseason ball is kicked and yet I have a bad feeling we're not taking it as seriously as we should.

A Billy Davies type was exactly what we needed at that time. A squad in disarray and no discipline. He was the perfect short term fix. Like him or hate him. He is what we needed to finish the season with. McCall was a failure start to finish. His record as Rangers manager disgraceful.

The board look our of their depth. Imagine trying to entice potential football managers to Rangers Football Club by sending Gilligan and Murray. That is just a wee bit embarrassing.

Dave King is an arsehole. He's bullshitted his way to where he is just now and hurt us in the process. Now I've got that out the way. The season only ended four days ago, calm the fuck doon. See if we don't have a manager by mid June, let's start the moaning then.

That is sadly the way it is looking mate, i have to agree. The board so far have been rid rotten!

I know what you are saying but i seriously think we are in a position where we need immediate action. I am very uncomfortable with the fact that our club is sitting, as it stands right now, operating like a Sunday morning pub team. We are looking like a complete shambles.