Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

Would love Cathro but no gonna happen , mcinnes will get it in my opinion .

Why's Cathro not gonna happen? I'm not convinced he'd be right but just asking why he's an unlikely. I'm sure he's been on record as saying he'd move to an English speaking country (well that rules out a move to the Mhanks!), wants a full pre-season, he's young / hungry and King wanted a coach more than a manager....seems to fit the bill albeit not tried / tested.

Redsox1 said:

We can't afford that now, not that we ever could since the black day.

Yes we can and I think it would be money well spent if the new manager sorted out our total football side of things.

The manager is the most important appointment we have coming up in the next few years.

Interesting week or two ahead mate.

I'm just glad that season from hell is over

totally agree. I just hope its only a week or two as we don`t have time to waste and I for one won`t listen to the " they didn`t have a proper pre season" etc as an excuse for shite football. We need to act very quickly.The sooner we act the quicker the season from hell will get put behind us.

I can see this happening, must say, i don't know much about the DoF role, so not sure if this is good or not. Would having Warburton as manager not be better?

Well Weir was his assistant at Brentford so probably knows his style etc, and he'd effectively have Warburton looking over his shoulder guiding him, with Warburton signing the new players coming up with training regimes etc.

Well Weir was his assistant at Brentford so probably knows his style etc, and he'd effectively have Warburton looking over his shoulder guiding him, with Warburton signing the new players coming up with training regimes etc.

Ah ok, so basically the same set up, just different job titles? (effectively)

Well I would like to see him along with Davie Weir they seemed to make a good team and Brentford played some good football by all accounts. We do need to make this appointment very soon, this week in my opinion as players have to be signed !scouting and coaching team put in place