Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

Well I would like to see him along with Davie Weir they seemed to make a good team and Brentford played some good football by all accounts. We do need to make this appointment very soon, this week in my opinion as players have to be signed !scouting and coaching team put in place

Just over five weeks to the first game i heard.

We need and experienced manager.

I don't believe that's absolutely necessary.

I agree we need a manager who has at least proven himself to some degree, but he'll also need to come with the right motivations (drive, determination, long term plans and a hunger to raise his own bar as well as his teams) and whats of vital importance is that he's given the tools he thinks he needs to succeed.

If that's Warburton (and it sounds like him) then great. I'd rather an up and coming manager with something to prove than an experienced old head who's at the tail end of a career living on past glories.

scotgr likes this

PLG wasn't given a chance though was he? I'm fed up with PLG being the standard bearer of what a failed manager is simply because he only got 30 games in charge before wee Barry decided he didn't like the diet he got put on.

He's failed everywhere he's been, except Lyon, where he inherited an amazing squad. Very similar to Warburton on that second point.

Also, look how well John Hughes has done with ICT, and we all know that's Butchers squad. John Hughes has failed everywhere else.

I want a manager whose policy is attacking football. Tbh, I am sick of the defensive shit that we have been playing for years now. Time for a total rethink of our game. On a side note, if we can get a good team together that can win the league at a canter ( hoping , i know) then they can take that confidence forward into the premier league. If we had gone up this season then we could well have been the whiping boys given the lack of confidence. McCoist's legacy is that he turned us into a team of losers; a team with absolutely no self belief; a team that didn't expect to win games. This can take a number of years to heal, and I can never ever forgive him for that.

I'd take Warburton. I Followed Brentford after January, and got to say I've been impressed with him. He seems an intelligent guy and getting Brentford promoted and a shot in the playoffs is a good achievement. Did not unearth the gem, Andre grey? He's was banging them in this season.

I'd take Warburton. I Followed Brentford after January, and got to say I've been impressed with him. He seems an intelligent guy and getting Brentford promoted and a shot in the playoffs is a good achievement. Did not unearth the gem, Andre grey? He's was banging them in this season.

What syle of football does he play mate?

Passing game, pass out from the back, possession football. His defence always seemed to be organised and everybody knew their roles. With DW as assistant I think he would get any defence in shape.

The more i hear about the guy the more hopeful i am that we can get him. Does he play with wingers or is it more narrow?

The more i hear about the guy the more hopeful i am that we can get him. Does he play with wingers or is it more narrow?

He plays with wingers, who don't throw aimless balls in the box, plenty movement off the ball with spaces getting created. Generally the players under him seemed to pick the right passes and lots of chances are created. He is an attacking style manager.

Mr RFC likes this