Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

Maybe, if silly little sayings like that are your thing.

It's a change in direction we need badly. If it is them to come in, they should have been in by lunchtime today.

The board need to get their finger out their arse here.

A DoF, Warburton and Weir(aspirations of management) seems a potentially strained situation.

Either Warburton DoF and Weir as head coach learning or just Warburton Manager and Weir assistant would make more sense.

Seems like we (the fans) are trying to meld all the popular theories into a big mash up and hope for the best.

Still being told it's Warburton with Weir as assistant, working under a DoF.

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons Warburton left Brentford was because he didn't want to work under a DOF so if he becomes our manager I can't see us then appointing a DOF

we beat QOS and Hibs, granted we we no where near Motherwells level. They should never have been in the relegation fight.

Uh huh but if you remember i didn't actually say we wouldn't win those ties nor did i say we would.

Lets be honest rather than just posting that you thought we would go up you made a bit of a cunt of yourself in that thread.

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons Warburton left Brentford was because he didn't want to work under a DOF so if he becomes our manager I can't see us then appointing a DOF

Wrong. Warburton left because of the direction the owner wants to take the club.

He left due to a change in their signing policy, and the fact he would have no say in players coming and going.

Who is telling you this?

Dave King.

Nah. Just a guy who is generally spot on with his info.

I'm not stating it's 100% true, it could well be absolute pish but I have no reason to believe that to be the case.

Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

Hopefully some movement this week mate

Has to be. We are short on time as it is, we need a new management team in yesterday to give us the best chance possible to build for next season. By fuck we'll need it.

I would expect to hear tomorrow that McCall is or is not getting the job, with the new setup being announced within 48 hours after that.

Wouldn't be shocked if McCall is involved somehow in the coaching setup, if he is not too proud to work under another manager.

It's one of these friend of a friends type deal mate. The guy has usually been correct but you never know with these sources, could be talking pish.

I see. I don't know mate it seems to be gathering pace.

Here's hoping we hear something official this week.

Wrong. Warburton left because of the direction the owner wants to take the club.

Fair enough mate I must be wrong. I had a wee look and it was to do with basically the manager not having the final say on players brought in, isn't that pretty similar to having a DOF though?

The chairman wanted to sigh players in January but the manager said no.

Warburton was told he had to use some new age stats database to identify signings and couldn't buy players off his own initiative anymore

I bet they get relegated next year

They're playing 'Moneyball' and now with a Dutchman in charge who was Excelsior manager. They finished in the bottom half of the league. It's bizarre.

PLG wasn't given a chance though was he? I'm fed up with PLG being the standard bearer of what a failed manager is simply because he only got 30 games in charge before wee Barry decided he didn't like the diet he got put on.

Spot on mate couldn't agree more. Suppose in the end it doesn't matter it wouldn't have changed what happened to us in 2012, but PLG was building a modern club with fresh ideas and like you say players like Ferguson couldn't hack it and spat there dummies out...

Spot on mate couldn't agree more. Suppose in the end it doesn't matter it wouldn't have changed what happened to us in 2012, but PLG was building a modern club with fresh ideas and like you say players like Ferguson couldn't hack it and spat there dummies out...

A .modern club? We were fucking awful