Dave King Press Conference.

simon

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, now we await the new manager and the rebuild begins.

He's already put in £1.5M, more to come.

I presume he is underwriting 50% of the share issue and the other investors will take up the other 50%?

What £1.5m?

So we wont get new players in til the managers in place so no signings for at least a week . Not long left til preseason ! On the new signings he said hes identified players after speaking to previous management teams . Surely not McCoist ??

Some of that was a bit disappointing to hear, tbh.

King suggested that success was directly related to outgoings "particularly at championship level", he said. I think if there's one thing this last season should have taught everyone it's that this is far from true.

Additionally, I understand what I means by increasing our outgoings in the next three years, but it just sounds a bit reckless when we need to be more stringent and efficient with our spending.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284035

My mate is out at the NARSA convention. Some interesting info coming out from there.

David Robertson says Sarver is still very interested in Rangers. Thinks they're a great investment opportunity.

ST prices out early next week

New manager in place by wed/thur - shortlist of 3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33040988

Rangers aim to appoint a manager in the coming week, director Paul Murray has told BBC Scotland.

Stuart McCall replaced Kenny McDowall in March, on a deal until the until the end of the season, which ended in play-off final disappointment.

McCall has made it clear he wants to stay on as Rangers prepare for a second campaign in the Championship.

Former Brentford boss Mark Warburton has had talks with the Ibrox club and is interested in taking the role.

"Our plan is to make an appointment next week," said Murray, who returned to the club's board in March.

DK said it would be unlikely that an appointment would be made this week,shortlist of 5 not 3.

(td)

Surely he has a figure in mind for the next 12 months. He knows how much the running costs are currently so why he could not say that including season tickets we will need x amount.

Any share issue will have to include this information to prospective investors.

In my opinion he would as well streamed one of his previous press conferences for all that gave

Additionally, I understand what I means by increasing our outgoings in the next three years, but it just sounds a bit reckless when we need to be more stringent and efficient with our spending.

That wouldn't be popular amongst most fans I'd imagine.

That is correct and the fans will pay up as they always have.

The issue is he got control on the back of promising he would invest millions. Too many appear to be justifying his words and non actions when he has done nothing he promised and is living up to the South African judge's comments.

He did not say he would not invest millions. He said a substantial investment is required and they will put money in but the figure depends on the amount raised from ST sales.

He said a substantial investment in players was needed in the next couple of years, plus the scouting system and youth development. You don't think ST money will cover all that do you?

I am not justifying anything he says but if I am not prepared to give him £350 I am certainly not going to demand he puts in millions.

I will put my money up then will have the right to moan if he doesn't

When the fuck will a new manager be appointed then? :lol:

The season starts in less than 7 weeks, and we won't have a manager in the next week...

Mate the season started when the final whistle went and Fir Park, just before Mohsni threw a left hook.

As far as I am aware we have no new players lined up to replace those leaving, no pre season matches lined up and I presume Durie and Durrant will take pre season training of those left.

An absolute fuckin g shambles of a club

not overly impressed with that. King's main message seemed to be that the fans have to do more, as if we've not done enough already. also disappointed that appointing a new manager will take another couple of weeks.