Dave King Press Conference.

simon

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care what anyone says, but I think he's the right man for the job. Only negative is his time scale for manager where he mentioned the 'individual' which makes me think it won't be Warburton & Weir, hope I'm wrong!

Reading too much into that.

It's not like Warburton & Weir would be coming in as co-managers.

Warburton would be the manager, Weir just happens to be a member of his back room staff.

Well, WTF did that tell us, nothing imo that we didnt already know, he wants us to pony up to 15m and what we dont achieve he will pay the rest...................

Ah fcuk, No manager till next week hes saying, nothing about a CEO, FD.etc...........

back to work :(

He gave the club 1.5M last month.

Call it a loan or a loan to be swapped for equity he still put it in

He said he is not looking for a return on his money but is acting out of his love for our club so we either believe him or not.

I do.

Lets call it a loan because at the moment thats all it is until we cough up!

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but if King and Murray were half as pro-active as Ann Budge was at Hearts last summer, I'd be satisfied.

I can't help but feel disappointed at the way McCulloch, in particular, has departed out the side door with no notice.

The wee bluenose from Wishaw who stuck weights in his shorts to appear overweight and uncommitted at Wigan in order to achieve his dream and force a move to the Queen's eleven deserved more than, eight days after his contract expired, a "yes, they've left" from Dave King.

I know McCulloch was fortunate to extend his Ibrox career, he will never go down as a Rangers legend and I can accept that his performances, in particular over the past two seasons, haven't been good enough. However, let's not forget his goal header in Lyon, his equaliser at Parkhead and more than anything, the fact that he displayed unmatched loyalty for this club.

He did not say he would not invest millions. He said a substantial investment is required and they will put money in but the figure depends on the amount raised from ST sales.

He said a substantial investment in players was needed in the next couple of years, plus the scouting system and youth development. You don't think ST money will cover all that do you?

I am not justifying anything he says but if I am not prepared to give him £350 I am certainly not going to demand he puts in millions.

I will put my money up then will have the right to moan if he doesn't

He said last year he would invest a substantial amount, where is it?

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but if King and Murray were half as pro-active as Ann Budge was at Hearts last summer, I'd be satisfied.

I can't help but feel disappointed at the way McCulloch, in particular, has departed out the side door with no notice.

The wee bluenose from Wishaw who stuck weights in his shorts to appear overweight and uncommitted at Wigan in order to achieve his dream and force a move to the Queen's eleven deserved more than, eight days after his contract expired, a "yes, they've left" from Dave King.

I know McCulloch was fortunate to extend his Ibrox career, he will never go down as a Rangers legend and I can accept that his performances, in particular over the past two seasons, haven't been good enough. However, let's not forget his goal header in Lyon, his equaliser at Parkhead and more than anything, the fact that he displayed unmatched loyalty for this club.

in return for £21k a week in the 3rd division

Reading too much into that.

It's not like Warburton & Weir would be coming in as co-managers.

Warburton would be the manager, Weir just happens to be a member of his back room staff.

Hopefully mate, when he was saying some candidates were put off with the championship, who do you think that was? The wee general? (Since he made a u-turn on Sunderland, aftter the playoffs)

He did not say he would not invest millions. He said a substantial investment is required and they will put money in but the figure depends on the amount raised from ST sales.

He said a substantial investment in players was needed in the next couple of years, plus the scouting system and youth development. You don't think ST money will cover all that do you?

I am not justifying anything he says but if I am not prepared to give him £350 I am certainly not going to demand he puts in millions.

I will put my money up then will have the right to moan if he doesn't

He has been saying for quite some time that he would be investing yet we are still in debt to Ashley and others whilst he has put in nothing.

Today is just more sound bites. Every time he has opened his mouth we are in a worse financial and football position than the last time.

You already knew about the 5 candidates, no DofF and the confirmation that all out of contracts players were gone?

The 5 candidates - No. So there was something after all

No DOF - With a new management team coming in there was no real need for the role at present and i didn't anticipate one.

The Players - Was widely reported that they had left (no denial from club) and should have been confirmed on the Official website, Poor PR from us imo, once again no surprise tbh.