Dave King Is Full Of Shite

GOAT

No. He's hoping the fans bail them out. Sell out season tickets, what planet is he on? As has been obvious from the start he wants to use everyone else's £.

And exactly whose money do the "fans" who are stating they will not buy tickets expect us to use.

Obviously not theirs

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he and other investors will invest whatever it takes... So if ST sales are low of course he will need to invest more..

Wouldnt it be easier to outline and put in place that investment plan now and watch season ticket sales rocket on the back of good news and get the double win? It all just seems so poor and really is starting to sound more and more like complete bullshite and living up to how the judge described him!

So if we sell say, 18k season tickets, he is going to put more money in. If we sell 30k season tickets, he will put less in?

If he is willing to put the money in for 18k season tickets, surely, if by some miracle, we sell 30k season tickets, which would be a hell of an achievement, should he not reward us by putting more money in? Adding to the significant coffers 30k season tickets would bring in would be better trying to make up the shortfall for Rangers fans not doing their part imo. Of course, as he says, he it all hinges on ST sales.

So if we sell say, 18k season tickets, he is going to put more money in. If we sell 30k season tickets, he will put less in?

If he is willing to put the money in for 18k season tickets, surely, if by some miracle, we sell 30k season tickets, which would be a hell of an achievement, should he not reward us by putting more money in? Adding to the significant coffers 30k season tickets would bring in would be better trying to make up the shortfall for Rangers fans not doing their part imo. Of course, as he says, he it all hinges on ST sales.

I think you can take it a couple ways.

He obviously has figures in mind, hence the quoting of his £30-50m interviews, that it's going to take beyond the short term.

If the fans don't stump up our share he will have to invest more, to cover the short fall. If we do our part he will, as he has maintained throughout, match it. So he won't have to cover any shortfall. That's how I took it anyway.

He obviously has figures in mind, hence the quoting of his £30-50m interviews.

If the fans don't stump up our share he will have to invest more, if we do our part he will, as he has maintained throughout, match it. So he won't have to cover the shortfall. That's how I took it anyway.

That's how I understood it too.

A figure X is needed for this year and they will finance the difference between ST sales and that

He obviously has figures in mind, hence the quoting of his £30-50m interviews, that it's going to take beyond the short term.

If the fans don't stump up our share he will have to invest more, to cover the short fall. If we do our part he will, as he has maintained throughout, match it. So he won't have to cover any shortfall. That's how I took it anyway.

So why doesnt he put in place his investment plans now in parallel with the season ticket sales and any excess above what he felt was required for next season can be retained for a rainy day or used in future when we get promotion. Then we really would be a Club with no debt and one of the most financially stable in Europe.

So why doesnt he put in place his investment plans now in parallel with the season ticket sales and any excess above what he felt was required for next season can be retained for a rainy day or used in future when we get promotion. Then we really would be a Club with no debt and one of the most financially stable in Europe.

That would be great mate.

But since 2012 I've given up on fairy tales.

I think the issue many have is they expect more from a 'Rangers man' than we should rightfully expect.

They are all businessmen at the end of the day. However I do have more trust in the likes of DK and 3B, because of their allegiances, to at least attempt to do right by the club.

If you think that 30Million should be invested in a team playing in the second tier of Scotland then you really have some mental disorder, we complained about Ally pissing money away and now they are complaining

because the board aren't wanting to throw millions away, I expect investment to be as little as possible until we are back in the SPFL and that is the way it should be.

Some people really need to step back into reality.

I wish I could renew, but my new job won't allow me the time to go to Ibrox for every match.

I personally couldn't give a fuck about what league we're in. This is why we are supporters of the Club.

But each to their own. I won't ever tell someone else how to spend their money, but those not renewing/buying a ST because we're in the Championship for another season want to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Yes, we have half a squad and no manager, but it's post-season. We released eleven of the worst players ever, yet some are still unhappy.

That would be great mate.

But since 2012 I've given up on fairy tales.

I think the issue many have is they expect more from a 'Rangers man' than we should rightfully expect.

They are all businessmen at the end of the day. However I do have more trust in the likes of DK and 3B, because of their allegiances, to at least attempt to do right by the club.

I dont really expect anything from him regardless of whether he is a "Rangers man" or not and believe that fans are only expecting more from DK because he is the man who set those high expectations with constant promises about what he would do if in control. Well he is in control now!

Your spot on though with the fact that ultimately they are businessmen and they are in this for a return and I do expect them to commit as little as possible for maximum gain.

If you think that 30Million should be invested in a team playing in the second tier of Scotland then you really have some mental disorder, we complained about Ally pissing money away and now they are complaining

because the board aren't wanting to throw millions away, I expect investment to be as little as possible until we are back in the SPFL and that is the way it should be.

Probably the same people who thought Dick Advocaat would be interested in coming back to us or those who thought we could have got £5m on Lewis Macleod.

Delusional.

You do realise that not all monies invested have to be immediately spent and that we can bank the money and be in a very good position financially for when we get promotion. Nothing wrong with raising the maximum possible and taking a planned proactive approach to our future rather than the reactive way we have been surviving on in the past.

Surely he needs to invest BEFORE fans put their cash into his greasy wee hands ?

This is suggesting he will see what we put in first.

Oh No Davey boy, thats not gonna happen. Just another excuse aimed at getting fans to put cash in blindly then he can renege at leisure.

You first Dave or you'll be starved out.

Surely he needs to invest BEFORE fans put their cash into his greasy wee hands ?

Oh No Davey boy, thats not gonna happen. Just another excuse aimed at getting fans to put cash in blindly then he can renege at leisure.

Sons of Guardian?

Three press conferences all saying the same if's but's and maybes. He's went from investing £30m-£50m in the club, to only investing extra if season ticket sales aren't good.

The guys a bullshitter, yet some lap it up because he's a "rangers man".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html

Very panicky and sensationalist, GOAT.

He doesn't say he will only invest extra if ST sales aren't good at all.

The guy that mentioned the 'it doesn't come down to writing a check' thing is right. I don't think the drip, drip financial support that is likely to happen is the kind of investment that is going to make you happy. The kind of one off, dramatic headline investment you've got in mind is looking unlikely. I think maybe we need to come to terms with that and assess their financial input over a longer period.

Enemy of Rangers, worse than taigs, (insert other bhoycotter soundbite here)

You do realise that not all monies invested have to be immediately spent and that we can bank the money and be in a very good position financially for when we get promotion. Nothing wrong with raising the maximum possible and taking a planned proactive approach to our future rather than the reactive way we have been surviving on in the past.

I'm not going to pretend I understand the complexities of running a club, however that seems a slightly naive view. Not sure that's how investment in FC work tbh. But, like I say I'm no expert.

Another whole year?

People who are not buying because of the league we are in do not deserve to be called Rangers supporters.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who watch shit teams every week and have never seen their team win anything but they still turn up season after season.

That is what being a supporter is all about.

Some so called bears on here need a fucking reality check

Bravo. I fucking hate the attitude of some supporters. I too am gutted that we didn't go up but we have no devine right to success and after 4 years of inept management I am staggered as to why so many are surprised we didn't go up. Instead, it's all McCall's fault and the blind are now feverishly believing that all will be well once we appoint a manager with18 months experience.

The club is in a mess and it will take years to sort out.

What is happening now is what supporting a team is about. It is fucking simple watching a side who wins everything. This is the hard bit and guess what we aren't so big that it can't happen to us.

Many on here are living in a fantasy world to be fair. Many want this board to put Cathro (a 28 year old with no managerial experience) in charge and give him tens of millions to spunk away winning the Championship. It's never going to happen folks.