Dave King Is Full Of Shite

GOAT

This thread is embarrassing, some amount of crackpots on here.....

I only wish those scrutinising the current board so much had taken as much interest with the previous board. Wait till they realise what those cunts got upto, they'll go mental.

Personally, I'm not overly enthused how the new board have performed in the last 3 month but that's probably the longest period we've had in the last 4 years that some dodgy fucker hasn't been paid off.

I renewed my ST tonight, if the mentalists don't like the current board of directors that much then feel free not to attend Ibrox. Do we now get to call you rhebels, or blue taigs? etc etc ;)

It's time people grew up and stopped the ridiculous us versus them nonsense, it only damages Rangers but they don't care about that, don't they?

Shouldnt we be going mental now, Im sure we were due to hear the smoking gun story, or is that being saved for the next board crisis?

I could be wrong but isnt the scrutiny your complaining about exactly the daily fodder expressed by the guardians of openness, honesty and a nice wee line in knock off shirts. Surely we all agree that vigilance is key, or is that something else that can be sacrificed now the key players have ties and brogues..

Oh dear.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldnt we be going mental now, Im sure we were due to hear the smoking gun story, or is that being saved for the next board crisis?

I could be wrong but isnt the scrutiny your complaining about exactly the daily fodder expressed by the guardians of openness, honesty and a nice wee line in knock off shirts. Surely we all agree that vigilance is key, or is that something else that can be sacrificed now the key players have ties and brogues..

Oh dear.

What am I meant to be going mental about?

We need a good management team, that's the first goal of the close season, if that doesn't start to materialise next week then I'll be the first to moan.

What we need to do is stick the fuck together, anything else is not worth thinking about.

The trust we have placed in people we didn't know has led us into a dark place, the fact that since the start of March the place has actually git darker is a worry, but we have got to give this our backing.

There really is no alternative now ...

What we need to do is stick the fuck together, anything else is not worth thinking about.

The trust we have placed in people we didn't know has led us into a dark place, the fact that since the start of March the place has actually git darker is a worry, but we have got to give this our backing.

There really is no alternative now ...

:clap:

Support the team on the park, fuck the suits in the boardroom.

Thats not what he said we needed and certainly not what his fans voted for.

We can't build a team over years. We need one NOW. We also need to cover losses of near 10m a year.

Once we have the team up and running, THEN we can look at living within our means but since our means are so meagre, we would be mid table at best, even if we had nothing but the team to spend it on.

I don't see Kingco coming up with the sort of cash needed, and to be honest, I struggle to see why anyone would. It is going to take a daunting amount of money to get us back to where we were ie vying with the tims for titles etc and champions league.

Somebody will have to write off a massive chunk of readies if that is to happen.

I don't think we have a choice, McCoist and the previous board deemed it appropriate to spunk everything on overpaid journeymen, rather than slowly build a team, relying purely on the income we generate. What's done is done, I think King has said stuff for the sake of saying it, with no intention of following through. Does that make him the wrong man? I'm not so sure. I think he's right, the simple fact is this club will thrive if the fans turn up in their numbers and pay their money. Kings there to plug gaps. Nothing more, nothing less. Who knows what his plans are if and when we get back into Europe etc, you have to keep in mind, even if we get back into Europe, it's hardly EPL terms of cash.

Kings been economical with the truth, but this is the model we should have followed IMO. Providing we get the right man in with the right contacts, we'll have enough (tu)

The problem for me is, taking so long to appoint a manager means we could lose out on Warburton and end up with McLeish or McCall and the same applies to players. If we end up with McCall or McLeish and I can sell my shares for a profit no matter how small I would do that. McCall proved he can't cut it, and I will never forget watching us at Ibrox just before McLeish left, the standard of football was terrible and we were losing to teams like Aberdeen on a regular basis.

I must have missed those games mate, as I could have sworn the sheep haven't won at Ibrox since 1995.

I only wish those scrutinising the current board so much had taken as much interest with the previous board. Wait till they realise what those cunts got upto, they'll go mental.

Personally, I'm not overly enthused how the new board have performed in the last 3 month but that's probably the longest period we've had in the last 4 years that some dodgy fucker hasn't been paid off.

I renewed my ST tonight, if the mentalists don't like the current board of directors that much then feel free not to attend Ibrox. Do we now get to call you rhebels, or blue taigs? etc etc ;)

It's time people grew up and stopped the ridiculous us versus them nonsense, it only damages Rangers but they don't care about that, don't they?

WHERES THE DEEDS?

No thanks, I support Rangers, not Dave King, not Mike Ashley, not David Murray. I'll leave the boycotts to the ones that don't like putting Rangers first.

No thanks, I support Rangers, not Dave King, not Mike Ashley, not David Murray. I'll leave the boycotts to the ones that don't like putting Rangers first.

Hopefully someday, as soon as possible, we can all start to concentrate solely on who should be playing outside right or who we all want as the first choice keeper, and we can start to concentrate less on who is the CEO and what brand of hair gel PM uses.

Longing for that day to be sooner rather than later.

Hopefully someday, as soon as possible, we can all start to concentrate solely on who should be playing outside right or who we all want as the first choice keeper, and we can start to concentrate less on who is the CEO and what brand of hair gel PM uses.

Longing for that day to be sooner rather than later.

(tu)

That's why I enjoyed the end of the season, until Motherwell.

(tu)

That's why I enjoyed the end of the season, until Motherwell.

Certainly brought a collective spirit back again.

The ending was piss poor, however; with the right investment (hopefully), three transfer windows to add some quality, and the right manager in place, the season we go back up could be mental.

Looking forward to getting it right up some of these diddies who have enjoyed these past few years.

Thats not what he said we needed and certainly not what his fans voted for.

We can't build a team over years. We need one NOW. We also need to cover losses of near 10m a year.

Once we have the team up and running, THEN we can look at living within our means but since our means are so meagre, we would be mid table at best, even if we had nothing but the team to spend it on.

I don't see Kingco coming up with the sort of cash needed, and to be honest, I struggle to see why anyone would. It is going to take a daunting amount of money to get us back to where we were ie vying with the tims for titles etc and champions league.

Somebody will have to write off a massive chunk of readies if that is to happen.

The key thing that needs doing is to pay that loan off to Ashley and get on that basis renegotiate the retail side - BUT getting Ashley repaid is key - it would appear he does not have the funds for that - highly surprising based on his previous utterances. I for one would be much more motivated to renew if getting Ashley out was the aim rather than talk of increasing the wage bill which I think is about £14m - the maximum we could net from season tickets would be about £10m so who fills the gap ?

The key thing that needs doing is to pay that loan off to Ashley and get on that basis renegotiate the retail side - BUT getting Ashley repaid is key - it would appear he does not have the funds for that - highly surprising based on his previous utterances. I for one would be much more motivated to renew if getting Ashley out was the aim rather than talk of increasing the wage bill which I think is about £14m - the maximum we could net from season tickets would be about £10m so who fills the gap ?

Paying Ashley £5m DOES NOT get him out.

The wage bill IS NOT £14m.

Apart from that, emmm. errrrr, good post.

I think King got it way wrong here from what ive read from the conference.

A football Club is basically a product, that fans pay to see. It shouldnt be "we'll get the fans money in and use it for players" it should be "we'll invest a few million and buy some players that the fans will want to see, then they'll buy season tickets"

We're not some crowdfunded company. Well it appears we are now. King should be making the product attractive to his customers, not forcing his customers hand and saying "if you want a good team then YOU have to pay for it"

I think the mistake some make is so staunchly siding with one figure. Then when things start to go awry, instead of all pulling in the same direction for Rangers we split into camps.

Basically, all businessmen are suspect in my opinion. I trust none of them, never have.

The best role we can play is to allow the current board time and then make a judgement. Now is far too early. The problems we have financially and otherwise are enormous and just throwing money at it won't solve the long term problem.

The aim shouldn't be to rush anything. Strategic planning and strategic decisions are needed and that includes appointing the next manager. Similarly, decisions on new players must not be rushed. Money is clearly tight and we need to take level headed decisions.

I'll be honest and say that Dave King has always worried me. The fact that he doesn't appear to have heard of the existence of Rangers TV makes me wonder as to just how interested he is in football and consequently I worry as to whether he wants what we want. However, we can't judge him now. Him and his mates are now running the club and we have to give it time.

Dividing into factions and spitting out unproven accusations just isn't going to help. I'm as concerned as the next man or woman but I can't see any other alternative than buying my season ticket and waiting to see what decisions are made and how things pan out.

A year from now I may think differently but for now I'd recommend patience.

Only time will tell on what king and co are saying.

Personally I am actually excited if not slightly (ok very) apprehensive about the new manger, signings etc. this has come from the last three years of shite though!!

Let's see what happens because like it or not king is in and the new board will be running the show.

God I hope this turns out to be positive!!!!