439 members have voted

1. 1. Wallace for captain?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain of our youths, been captain at almost every club he has been at since as well as at international level and has played at a decent level down south, I aint one for resigning players but I think he would be a decent signing for us.

Can you suggest better that we would have a chance of signing?

All fair points, I must concede.

Darren McGregor should get it.

Im of the view that the captain should be a central defender or a keeper. They're the only players who can see the whole game, face on.

We're looking to build a future squad starting virtually from scratch; can we really see him being Captain in three / four years time.

It's a nice story and all that, he gives plenty of effort, but the thought of him at CH against a decent side in Europe gives me the fear.

We're looking to build a future squad starting virtually from scratch; can we really see him being Captain in three / four years time.

It's a nice story and all that, he gives plenty of effort, but the thought of him at CH against a decent side in Europe gives me the fear.

Who said he should get it for that long? He could have it just while we're in limbo...

Who said he should get it for that long? He could have it just while we're in limbo...

If this is the dawning of a new era and a sea change in the direction the club is going, then I'd hope we would be bringing someone in with the necessary quality to be Rangers Captain.

Also, if he is to be a long term fixture with us (hopefully not imo given his deficiencies at CH) it wouldn't really be a great confidence boost for him to have the captaincy for, say, 6 months, and then for it to be taken away.

I voted yes. For now. I like him. Did his best with what was around him.

I believe he could be a great captain when he is not left to babysit shysters.

If someone else comes with better potential to be our captain then I have no qualms

if there was a change. For now, I would keep him on as captain.

Nah. But for next season in the championship.

Don't make him captain for sticking with us

Make someone who's actually a leader on the pitch captain

Agreed. We played shite when he was captsin and so did he. Isn't vocal enough and too nice a guy to put the fear into simeone who isn't pulling their weight.

Making him captain would also be rewarding failure. Lets be honest, he was an abject failure alongside many cowardly players last season. In fact, I'd be hapoy to see him leave. Takes more than staying for the fight and the odd badge kiss to be a Ranger. Pissed off with him.

He will be lucky if he gets a game !

How can someone so talented not see his own faults

He has the ability but needs to sort himself out defending as a full back

as first stage of the process.