Two Final Candidates For Rangers Job - Mccall & Warburton

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is down to Warburton and McCall, I'm assuming/hoping that McCall is only "still in the running" as a sort of nod to the fact that he came in and tried to help us out, rather than that he was ever a realistic option.

If it's Warbers and we've known for a few days I hope players are already being lined up. How good would it be if our new manager press conference had a wee surprise of a player or two to go with it.

Would be good but I doubt it. Hopefully though if it's almost a done deal he has put forward some targets and we have begun negotiations.

Few good bears on here that seem to be in the know think its Warburton done deal . Hope these guys are proved right .

Still think it will be McCall but if I'm wrong I will be pleased and eat some humble pie .

Better get their finger our their arses either way

If it's Warburton I would imagine he will demand a budget that will see us out of the Championship and see us challenging in the Premier League the following year,that's why I'm thinking increasingly that McCall will get the job.

Maybe that is why its taking time though as they work through various issues.

Spot on. McCall is a great guy but we need something new.

It is a disgrace the way they have treated McCall.

Regardless of what people think of his managerial ability and credentials he is a Rangers legend who never let us down as a player.

Indeed he also took on the poisoned chalice of trying to get a squad of imposters to rescue our season and credibility. He failed but to be honest I don't think anyone would have got that squad promoted.

Whether he deserved the job full time should have been decided before or immediately after the last play off match.

To keep him holding on smacks of desperatio and cowardice to make a decision.

Going on what im hearing, McCall as Manager and Ian Cathro running Murray park, we ll see, I dont think Mccall or Warburton are crowd drawers, I woulda far prefered we went for Michael Laudrup & oor Brian. If Celtic had done the same and gone for Larsson, they woulda sold season tickets galore.

You're sources used to be spot on.

Is this coming from the same place?